ARBBL 2012, 17th/18th March, Andover, UK - ONE SPOT LEFT

Anything not related to Blood Bowl video games.
Itchen Masack

Re: ARBBL 2012, 17th/18th March, Andover, Hampshire

Postby Itchen Masack » 03 January 2012, 16:09

I havent played TT since the polystyrene pitch days of my youth, but I would simply LOVE to get back into it again. Racked up 600+ games online since re-discovering this and so guess it wouldnt be too much of a jump? I work in a warehouse so I'm already used to the natural gamer-aroma that can arise :P

Anyway, was just wondering, do you need to buy official GW models to play in this tournament, or can any reasonable model do? I'm from Southampton so getting there would be a breeze. Also from an online only player, would there be anything I should look out for when playing live? Common mistakes players make for example.

zoraster

Postby zoraster » 03 January 2012, 16:35

Itchen Masack wrote:Also from an online only player, would there be anything I should look out for when playing live? Common mistakes players make for example.

Playing Cyanide gets you into all sorts of bad habits. Most importantly remember to move the turn counter, but also don't forget to declare actions.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 03 January 2012, 16:49

The vast (vast) majority of tourney players will be understanding if you make the occansional mistake - just explain to them that you're new to playing TT, apologise upfront, and everything should be hunky-dory. ;)
To be honest, the other guys from my club were like that at BB tourneys a few years ago.

As for models, nope, they don't have to be GW.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
plasmoid wrote:And hey, don't knock masturbating. Judging from this thread, it's a reasonably popular pastime.

selfy_74

Postby selfy_74 » 03 January 2012, 16:58

I'm in the same boat as that guy above. I have played 2 games in my return since the polystyrene days. The problem I have is that I don't think I can play a game in 2 hours. I'm going to practice as much as possible but don't know if i'll make it. What are your thoughts on that mate?

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 03 January 2012, 17:13

Well, we allow more time in the schedule (2 hrs 15min), but if you think it will be a problem, I suggest you explain to your opponent, and you might need to play using a timer.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
plasmoid wrote:And hey, don't knock masturbating. Judging from this thread, it's a reasonably popular pastime.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 07 January 2012, 20:45

Impact! is offering us a prize support for the ARBBL. Place an order with me to send to Impact! that you will pick up at the ARBBL and pay for it with me in advance and you will get 10% off your total order. In addition, Impact! will give the ARBBL event prize support equal to 20% of the value of the order before the 10% discount. So if you order 50 GBP worth of items you'll receive them for 45 GBP and the ARBBL will get 10 GBP in prize support. All orders must be made to me so I can place them and pay Impact! for them no later than February 7, 2012. 10% discount and 20% support to the event does not apply to any items in the Gaming Mats/Dugouts section or to Neomic Elf, Human or Dark Elf miniatures.
If you want to take advantage of this offer, please EMAIL me.
Home of the ARBBL

Itchen Masack

Postby Itchen Masack » 09 January 2012, 10:23

Been looking into getting some miniature teams for this, in the vain hopes that somehow I'll be able to re-live my youth :-) However the main stumbling block, and its pretty massive, is that I cant paint. At all :oops:

In fact at age 10 my first space marines were simply glued together and dipped whole into the paint pot, hung upside-down to drip dry, and then a few inaccurate items done over in black lol

SO, does anyone offer painting services, for a reasonable fee that you know of? I'm not looking for professional, just decent work that doesnt look like someone had fired a paintball gun at the figures :lol:

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 09 January 2012, 18:58

I've seen a few advertised on TFF, ranging from basic to Golden Daemon standard.

But if a lack of a team is an issue a general shout out on somewhere likeTFF can normally solve it - I can lend you a dwarf team for example.

Oh,and my painting still sucks after 25+ years, so don't worry. ;)
Home of the ARBBL

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 31 January 2012, 10:34

Updated.

If you want to make use of the Impact offer, you only have a week left to get the order to me.
Home of the ARBBL

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 06 February 2012, 17:47

Last day for placing an Impact order.
Home of the ARBBL

Return to “Off-Topic”