NFL Poll

Anything not related to Blood Bowl video games.
Holy Terror

Re: NFL Poll

Postby Holy Terror » 03 November 2011, 23:46

Chargers...but Rivers broke my heart Monday...and the Cowboys when I want to watch a major meltdown :lol:
Having a bad day? Stop crying and punch a goblin!!!!

Canaussie

Postby Canaussie » 16 November 2011, 07:55

My dad grew up in the heart of Wisconsin, so to honour him, I'm a Packers' fan!
"There is no god but Nuffle. He is the One and the Six, the Skull and the Pow."

s4G

Postby s4G » 17 November 2011, 12:46

Carolina Panthers

All I want for them are 2 back to back winning seasons... Not going to start this year either. :?

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 17 November 2011, 13:31

Carolina Panthers

All I want for them are 2 back to back winning seasons... Not going to start this year either. :?
At least Cam Newton is turning out okay. I was positive that he'd be a selfish, entitled head case.

Sneak78

Postby Sneak78 » 17 November 2011, 20:11

Carolina Panthers

At least Cam Newton is turning out okay. I was positive that he'd be a selfish, entitled head case.
And the fact that he puts up stats in matches somehow rules that out? :D I mean the guy is freakish, but I'll take a QB who wins over one who has great stats ;)
CaRBB

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 18 November 2011, 09:38

Sorry, I meant I thought Newton would be a selfish, entitled head case who sucked at playing football ... another Ryan Leaf or Eric Crouch. I don't think Cam Newton is the reason Carolina isn't winning games, I think it's that their defense couldn't stop a pee wee flag football team.

We'd seen the story before ... a QB from some big-name football college spends a year piling up great stats running up the score on helpless overmatched opponents, gets drafted high in the first round by a terrible NFL team (no offense s4G), enters the league in a media frenzy and wildly unrealistic expectations that he alone will suddenly turn around an entire franchise ... and just flops. Leaf, Crouch, Akili Smith, JaMarcus Russel, pretty much every QB ever drafted by Cleveland in the past 20 years ... so I expected Cam Newton to be the same. He wasn't, Carolina is lighting up the scoreboard on offense, they're going to draft and sign some defensive players this offseason, and be pretty scary next year. Heck, if the world doesn't end in 2012 they'll have a decent shot at back-to-back winning seasons.

Zunova

Postby Zunova » 27 November 2011, 08:10

Hi Guys, I haven't posted my team yet but I'm sure you won't mind if I go off topic :)

I was just doing a search for a decent football game for the PC and the on called Football Mogul kept cropping up. After taking a look, I discovered that the 2012 version is actually FREE :)
To get it you have to do one of two things: like them on facebook or sign up to their newsletter. The download is about 25meg and it plays fine - you get shed loads of stats and can adjust passroutes/blocking assignments of the different formations.

Not bad for nothing :)

http://www.sportsmogul.com/games/football2k12-free.html

Sneak78

Postby Sneak78 » 27 November 2011, 14:49

An NFL manager game, huh? How complex is it? I remember actually buying one of those things, but I just never got into it - too damn complex, was utterly impossible to win a match :D

I do remember having heaps of fun playing "NFL Headcoach" on the Xbox back in the day.. And then ofcourse those Microsoft scum descided that it was a GREAT idea to release that game in the US, lock it up for the US region and then not sell a European version.. I mean.. WTF.. I would so have payed for that game if I could just run it on my machine.. Umm, but I'm getting away from the point here.. The point is:

How does it play? Does it play something like NFL Headcoach or more like that-other-game-I-bought-online-but-currently-cant-think-of-the-name-of-but-it-was-freakin'-complex-and-non-fun... ?
CaRBB

Sneak78

Postby Sneak78 » 27 November 2011, 17:22

An NFL manager game, huh? How complex is it? I remember actually buying one of those things, but I just never got into it - too damn complex, was utterly impossible to win a match :D

I do remember having heaps of fun playing "NFL Headcoach" on the Xbox back in the day.. And then ofcourse those Microsoft scum descided that it was a GREAT idea to release the sequel game in the US, lock it up for the US region and then not sell a European version.. I mean.. WTF.. I would so have payed for that game if I could just run it on my machine.. Umm, but I'm getting away from the point here.. The point is:

How does it play? Does it play something like NFL Headcoach or more like that-other-game-I-bought-online-but-currently-cant-think-of-the-name-of-but-it-was-freakin'-complex-and-non-fun... ?
CaRBB

Zunova

Postby Zunova » 28 November 2011, 10:14

A free game thats only a 25meg download - I'm suprised you didn't just grab it and try it out for yourself :)

I think by their very nature they're meant to be complex :)

You can either play games or simulate them and you can choose the difficulty level. If you decide to play you get to call the plays and then wait to see what happens.

You can trade or pick up free agents to improve any weaknesses you may have.

I chose Green Bay for a quick test, played one game (which I won) then simulated the rest - and actually won the superbowl. No idea if that was due to the team or the difficulty level :)

Back in the day I used to play all the football games I could find - most were little dots chasing each other around the screen! or for state of the art graphics there was 4th and inches :)
(which can actually be downloaded here : http://www.myabandonware.com/game/4th-inches-eb )

Return to “Off-Topic”