NFL Poll

Anything not related to Blood Bowl video games.
Sister in Christ

Re: NFL Poll

Postby Sister in Christ » 09 December 2011, 12:09

What if I can't choose?

I grew up liking one team.

I live in a city now with another team, and I even almost got a job with them! I go to their games, even got their gear. So I like them too.

And then there are players I like. I'm more of a player fan at the end of the day, and another team has a lot of players I like on it. So I also root for them to win, because I grew to like them with their players.

I'm the last thing from a bandwagoner, but a situation like this makes it hard to choose! Can I have 3 choices? ;)

Paul with Hair!

Sister in Christ

Postby Sister in Christ » 09 December 2011, 12:28

Hi Guys, I haven't posted my team yet but I'm sure you won't mind if I go off topic :)

I was just doing a search for a decent football game for the PC and the on called Football Mogul kept cropping up. After taking a look, I discovered that the 2012 version is actually FREE :)
To get it you have to do one of two things: like them on facebook or sign up to their newsletter. The download is about 25meg and it plays fine - you get shed loads of stats and can adjust passroutes/blocking assignments of the different formations.

Not bad for nothing :)

http://www.sportsmogul.com/games/football2k12-free.html

Not many football games for the computer. I use to play Madden 08 sometimes with friends. I still like the older football games compared to the newer ones.

Anyone ever tried Maximum-Football? Pretty cool with the lot of customization you can do in the game. A new updated version, with better graphics, may be realized some time.

Paul with Hair!

Thsin

Postby Thsin » 16 December 2011, 18:37

What if I can't choose?

I grew up liking one team.

I live in a city now with another team, and I even almost got a job with them! I go to their games, even got their gear. So I like them too.

And then there are players I like. I'm more of a player fan at the end of the day, and another team has a lot of players I like on it. So I also root for them to win, because I grew to like them with their players.

I'm the last thing from a bandwagoner, but a situation like this makes it hard to choose! Can I have 3 choices? ;)
Afraid not, otherwise the poll would be a bit inexact. Hopefully you can come up with your absolute favourite. If you had a choice of three home matches which would you go to, discounting time to get there, etc?

Thsin

Mercy Flush

Postby Mercy Flush » 17 December 2011, 13:22

Tampa Bay - gotta be - but the old logo was so much cooler, when they were crap - i have such a soft spot for crap teams! :D

Sneak78

Postby Sneak78 » 17 December 2011, 15:53

Tampa Bay - gotta be - but the old logo was so much cooler, when they were crap - i have such a soft spot for crap teams! :D
"When" they were crap? :D Have you had a look at the team this year? And they're about to get rid of one of the few things good about the team right now, their HC..
CaRBB

selfy_74

Postby selfy_74 » 18 December 2011, 16:09

If they get rid of raheem they are truly bonkers. Yes they've had a bad year, but they were not likely to repeat last season with such young players. Also the schedule this season has been very tough. Next year will be different, we got a better schedule and plenty of young talent. Improve consistency and penalties and we'll be back on track. Take away raheem now and it will set us back years.

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 18 December 2011, 16:53

it would be a bad move but it wouldn't surprise me. GM's and owners always overreact to a bad season.

but no matter how bad they are now, they'll never come close to being as bad as they were back when they had that Musketeer logo. That was comically bad. Epic bad. "2007 Lions-level play for two decades" bad.

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 05 February 2012, 16:59

Off to see the game in a few short hours. Go Pats!

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 06 February 2012, 10:09

Off to see the game in a few short hours. Go Pats!
... and no, that wasn't really what I had in mind. Hate on.

Sneak78

Postby Sneak78 » 07 February 2012, 20:57

Hate? I dont hate! Oh wait.. Yes I do.

Pats suck. I hate the Gigants too, but marginally less than I hate to Pats - so go Eli-who-is-now-appearantly-elite-because-he-has-a-great-D :D
CaRBB

Return to “Off-Topic”