"monkey" a racist term?

Anything not related to Blood Bowl video games.
Monstrum

Re: "monkey" a racist term?

Postby Monstrum » 22 November 2012, 10:29

anyone who uses monkey to abuse africans (or dark skinned people) because of the theory of evolution, clearly doesn't understand the theory of evolution. nobody descended from monkeys, we share a common ancestor with monkeys, it is completely different. not to mention that we ALL descended from the same ancestors, white, black, red, yellow, green, etc. the difference in skin color/pigmentation/facial traits such as lips, nose, ears, etc is generally attributed to difference in climate and enviroment, it has nothing to do with original genetics- we all evolved from homo erectus into homo sapiens, regardless of skin color.

also, albino's (regardless of race) get called ghost, casper, etc... is this racial abuse?

EDIT- my question is, why is it so much more serious to make fun of someone because of their skin color, in comparison to say their country of origin, sex, sexual preferences, body type, etc or just a generic insult. for example i know a lot of the french players in england get abused because they're french (or atleast it used to be like that) but that's not as a big deal as players who get abused because of their skin color.. why?
DISCLAIMER: General advice based on my experience is always correct.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 22 November 2012, 11:12

They don't get abused for being French, they get abused for being cheese-eating surrender monkeys. Subtle difference. ;)

And you don't need to understand, or even believe, evolution to be racist.

And with that, I'm not going to comment further, as this is likely to head in the wrong direction soon (I'm surprised it hasnt been locked or deleted yet).
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Waldorf

Postby Waldorf » 22 November 2012, 11:37

+1 Darkson. No good can come of it. There are better places on the internet to debate the nature of racism.
Mahrak Cardinals - Division G.

MILLANDSON

Postby MILLANDSON » 22 November 2012, 13:31

Indeed, this isn't really the place for these kinds of discussion, since I can guarantee that someone will say something that'll offend someone else at some point, and we can do without that.

Moderators do not represent Focus or Cyanide but do, when moderating, act on their behalf. Moderation posts and PMs will be in this colour.

n3ro

Postby n3ro » 22 November 2012, 14:16

Indeed, this isn't really the place for these kinds of discussion, since I can guarantee that someone will say something that'll offend someone else at some point, and we can do without that.
Agree. Don't worry, I'm watching it. ;)

Return to “Off-Topic”