ROLEPLAY: a text based experiment

Anything not related to Blood Bowl video games.
SYKOJAK

ROLEPLAY: a text based experiment

Postby SYKOJAK » 18 December 2012, 03:57

Seeing how most of the Blood Bowl community did not like the Blood Bowl Omnibus, I would
Like to start a text based Roleplay session via the Blood Bowl Boards. But first, I would like to
See who would be interested in doing something like this first before I start getting all excited
To attempt to try something like this.

The basic premise is this. Each poster get to choose their position on one of the Two Teams
Selected to participate in a Championship cup finals match. The first match being a showdown
Between the Reikland Reavers vs. The Orcland Raiders. Posters will get to choose their player
Based on a first come, first served basis. For starters, they must choose a player from one of those
2 teams selected. And one can choose to be the head coach of a team as well, which will allow
You to select which player gets to take his action in the order of the head coaches choosing.

When it is a player's (poster's) turn they may type in their action as to what they choose to do.
This may or may not coincide with what the head coaches' game plan is.

So who is interested? As the game referee it will be my job to make any rolls for actions taken as
Well as any team rolls too. It will be up to the Head Coaches to choose when a Team Reroll is to
Be used.
The ultimate sin of Nuffle is for a head coach to conceed a match. Nuffle will curse your block dice with skulls and number dice with ones if he does not get his full 16 turns of dues.

Monstrum

Re: ROLEPLAY: a text based experiment

Postby Monstrum » 18 December 2012, 08:23

I'm all for participating and trying to ruin the whole thing with immature comments and homosexual innuendo
DISCLAIMER: General advice based on my experience is always correct.

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 18 December 2012, 11:11

Player1: "I dodge past all the opposing players and score a touchdown"
Player2: "Wait, no, I block him"
Player1: "I throw a high elbow.. oh, broke his armor and took him out of the game"
Player2: "Luckily I had a reroll, I'm ok"
Player1: "Stop talking, you're KO'd"

Wouldn't football LARPing be... football?
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

SYKOJAK

Postby SYKOJAK » 18 December 2012, 20:13

I cant even get A TT league to go for more than a couple of months before it sputters out and
Dies. So a LARP, would be completely useless.
The ultimate sin of Nuffle is for a head coach to conceed a match. Nuffle will curse your block dice with skulls and number dice with ones if he does not get his full 16 turns of dues.

MCrispin

Postby MCrispin » 22 April 2013, 10:40

Player1: "I dodge past all the opposing players and score a touchdown"
Player2: "Wait, no, I block him"
Player1: "I throw a high elbow.. oh, broke his armor and took him out of the game"
Player2: "Luckily I had a reroll, I'm ok"
Player1: "Stop talking, you're KO'd"

Wouldn't football LARPing be... football?
Maurice "Handsome Bastard" Crispin runs towards the opponent end zone and jumps past the blocking opponent. Then sidesteps another player ending up getting a high elbow straight to his helmet, stumbling back his opponent jumps towards "Handsome Bastards" waist area trying to break bones but stumbles past the human because of slippery rain soaked field. While getting his bearings Maurice takes few running steps and kicks the opponent who is getting up from ground and hits his head giving satisfying crack sound, with out a thought Handsome Bastard rushes to make the goal.

Now that would be PnP gaming on the side.
Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
-Call of Cthulhu
Coach of Slaanesh Voodoo Dollz

erum
Facebook: qwerq
Twitter: asdff

Postby erum » 21 October 2013, 10:25

Event will be NAF ranked, and will be submitted to NAF as soon as I finish the above.

sann0638

Postby sann0638 » 21 October 2013, 17:43

Err, what?
President of the NAF, the global Blood Bowl players' organisation (thenaf.net)

dode74

Postby dode74 » 21 October 2013, 20:15

I suspect it's s spambot. I'm watching ;)

Return to “Off-Topic”