Blood Bowl Match everyday

Anything not related to Blood Bowl video games.
Gohda

Blood Bowl Match everyday

Postby Gohda » 15 January 2013, 07:44

Hello

I made a small test video of Blood Bowl. Just to test if the record software can handle it. And the results are not perfect but in my opinon it is watchable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvKOcG8ggBU

Now I am thinking of playing versus A.I only, via campaign mode. The plan is to upload one match per day. Will cut videos to 15 mins format for easier watching. I mean whom wants to watch 2 hours of a Blood Bowl match in one sitting ;) Also thinking of setting up a commentary of after game chat. Where I go over what I did wrong and right and general how the match went.

But I want feedback of course of the video and I want you people the more veterans of Blood Bowl to choose what team I am going to play as. I got Chaos Edition Blood Bowl via Steam. So all teams from that edition is open.

Have a nice day!

Colonel Panic

Re: Blood Bowl Match everyday

Postby Colonel Panic » 15 January 2013, 08:43

The AI is usually pretty dumb, slapping it around gets old fast. Just PLAYING the AI every day will become skull-burstingly boring after a week or 2.

I guess what I'm saying is, you'll get higher quality games against humans. Maybe challenge some of us, random strangers disconnect too much :-D

Gohda

Postby Gohda » 15 January 2013, 09:32

The AI is usually pretty dumb, slapping it around gets old fast. Just PLAYING the AI every day will become skull-burstingly boring after a week or 2.

I guess what I'm saying is, you'll get higher quality games against humans. Maybe challenge some of us, random strangers disconnect too much :-D
Hmm, true. Yet I am still a newbie when it comes to Blood Bowl for PC. So want to ease in to it. But that gives me an idea. That I can throw in a match after every cup when I play the team against a person from the community.

How does that sond?

A-r-c-h-o-n

Postby A-r-c-h-o-n » 15 January 2013, 09:57

Actually I had a couple of games against the AI due to the server being down and noticed, that i played worse then normally after 3+ games. The AI is so dumb, that you (generic = means me) start to not look into the risk of your own moves and you start to not care about your errors. If I would play against a skilled player like i played my 4th AI game I would have lost miserably (and rightfully so).

My suggestion is to NOT play against the AI at all if you want to learn the game. Challenge a friend or some nice guy in chat and ask for advice. With the coming live-replay on the new servers you can watch some of the best coaches playing their league-games and even chat with other's live in the game to discuss their tactics and why they choose NOT to play the moves you (generic) would. ;)

Gohda

Postby Gohda » 17 January 2013, 08:37

Actually I had a couple of games against the AI due to the server being down and noticed, that i played worse then normally after 3+ games. The AI is so dumb, that you (generic = means me) start to not look into the risk of your own moves and you start to not care about your errors. If I would play against a skilled player like i played my 4th AI game I would have lost miserably (and rightfully so).

My suggestion is to NOT play against the AI at all if you want to learn the game. Challenge a friend or some nice guy in chat and ask for advice. With the coming live-replay on the new servers you can watch some of the best coaches playing their league-games and even chat with other's live in the game to discuss their tactics and why they choose NOT to play the moves you (generic) would. ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

So I am going to go it by this way. As you know the campaign has several cups. So I will play each cup. But depending how many matches there is in a cup I will also the same ammount of matches online (With same team if possible) and record that. So to speak It will be two sections one offline and one online team. If Possible the same team of course. That way I can showcase the offline gamemode with the online community gamemode.

How does that sound?

Also which race would be most fun to see in action you think?

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 17 January 2013, 12:38

Goblins!!

When watching replays, most of the more entertaining games that I've seen have involved so-called "hybrid" teams, like Humans, Necromantic, Lizardmen ... well-rounded teams that aren't the best at any one aspect of the game, and have to change up their tactics based on their opponents' strengths and weaknesses. (This as opposed to bashy teams like Orcs and Dwarves, or finesse teams like Wood Elves, who generally have the same basic game plan no matter who their opponent is). I'm not saying those kinds of games are going to be boring, there's a lot of skill which goes into successful bashing, for example. But if you play Orcs, we'll be seeing the same game plan over and over, sometimes working, sometimes not. If you play Humans, we'll see you try to bash elves, run around dwarves, and so on.

Or if you play Goblins, we'll watch you get splattered over and over while you try to cause as much mayhem as you can. It might not be as much fun for you, but we'll enjoy watching it!

... Or don't play the same team all the time. Switch it up whenever one gets boring.

A-r-c-h-o-n

Postby A-r-c-h-o-n » 17 January 2013, 14:16

Goblins are always fun to watch.

I struggle with khorne and would love to see a game between good/excellent coaches setting up/avoiding crowdsurving (maybe even with commentary). For sure I could learn a thing or two here...

I still think the team has great potential but its a bit to weak to "unleash" it - up to now I only struggle to play with them and not against them.

Gohda

Postby Gohda » 18 January 2013, 07:07

Goblin it is then!

Working on a video where I talk a bit about Blood Bowl and the rules I will follow in Blood Bowl. I will use classic Blood Bowl not Blitz. When I got more used to the game I might be a diffrent series for Blitz mode. But as of now it is Goblins team.

Need to do a little research of the team first. But from the first glance they seem to be hard to hit, love to cheat and awful picking up the ball. Yupp going to be fun to play :D

Yeah for online I will try to keep to Goblin if I can. All depends if I feel I want to showcase a diffrent team or not :)

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 18 January 2013, 11:55

Just to warn you, Goblins DO suck. There will be games where you're setting up 5 players in the second half. There will be games where crap goes wrong and you'll know by turn 2 that you can't win and probably can't tie. There will be games where you do everything right, get all the rolls you need, and you STILL don't win because Goblins just suck that much.

I guess what I'm saying is that, if you're the type of coach whose enjoyment of the game is directly tied to how much you win, Goblins are going to be really frustrating to play.

Now if you do, Gitsy has some of the most comprehensive Goblin advice in this guide:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48
Winning with Goblins won't happen often, and isn't easy, but it's an insane rush when you do.

Gohda

Postby Gohda » 21 January 2013, 07:10

Just to warn you, Goblins DO suck. There will be games where you're setting up 5 players in the second half. There will be games where crap goes wrong and you'll know by turn 2 that you can't win and probably can't tie. There will be games where you do everything right, get all the rolls you need, and you STILL don't win because Goblins just suck that much.

I guess what I'm saying is that, if you're the type of coach whose enjoyment of the game is directly tied to how much you win, Goblins are going to be really frustrating to play.

Now if you do, Gitsy has some of the most comprehensive Goblin advice in this guide:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48
Winning with Goblins won't happen often, and isn't easy, but it's an insane rush when you do.

Hello!

Yeah, I looked that that guide and went for the "safe" build. With 3 rerolls 2 trolls, Chainsaw, Ball of death and Pogo. And tried a few matches (Just to get in to the Goblin sense of "style") and so far lost 2, won 1 draw 4. So yeah you aim for a draw, pray to the gods if you win and laugh if you lose.

Going to be working on a Intro video today. Should be up wed (Since doing a podcast tomorrow about swedish roleplaying games). Mostly that video is information about Blood Bowl and Warhammer and of course Goblins. But goblins are fun to play, you just haft to laugh and smile knowing that you will rarely win. Also got a goblin to level 3 then he died on the first tackle... No worries it happens but was a bid sad hehe.

Return to “Off-Topic”