Highest possible Team Value?

Anything not related to Blood Bowl video games.
Force

Re: Highest possible Team Value?

Postby Force » 12 June 2013, 22:17

Lets pick a Wood Elf Team and assume the "Free Fan Factor" and the "Imperial Premiership" rules Option are beeing used.
(Fan Factor never adds to a team’s value and Spiraling Expenses start at 2.500K with a step size of 250K)

5 Linemen
4 Catchers
2 Throwers
2 Wardancers
1 Treeman
8 Rerolls
1 Apothecary
10 Cheerleaders
10 Assistant Coaches

So, depending on luck and choice of skill rolls,Team Value can be between 3.780K and 5.700K. Lets assume every player got +ST, +AG, +MA/AV, Skill, Skill, Skill, so thats 4.740K Team Value. That would mean 120K Spiraling Expenses per game, so lets further assume this Team cannot afford to buy any inducements with their treasury.

Now a team that plays this long to reach that Kind of development suffers injuries. Assuming on average every player suffered -1MA or -1AV, that would hypotetically reduce the Teams Value by 480K.

I know that is a lot of assumtions. But as an end result, the most powerful Wood Elf Team i can imagine has an effective Team Value of 4.260K.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 13 June 2013, 09:19

Force wrote:Now a team that plays this long to reach that Kind of development suffers injuries. Assuming on average every player suffered -1MA or -1AV, that would hypotetically reduce the Teams Value by 480K.

No it wouldn't - injuries never reduce TV (you have read the rules, right?).
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
plasmoid wrote:And hey, don't knock masturbating. Judging from this thread, it's a reasonably popular pastime.

Sid The Coach

Postby Sid The Coach » 13 June 2013, 11:22

That would be fun and could lead us to another "extreme": an all-halfling team with 0 RR and no apo, with each player having -MA/-AV injury would have 0 TV, and any subsequent -stat injury would send them into the mysterious realm of negative TV (snotlings could get there with even less effort - just 2/3 of the team would need the injuries, and off you go lads). :lol:

Force

Postby Force » 13 June 2013, 12:26

Hypotetically
I said
Hypothetically

A Wood Elf Lineman with 16 SPP (+ST, +ST) has:
7/5/4/7, his Player Value is 170K

A Wood Elf Lineman with 16 SPP (+ST, +ST) and 2 Serious Injuries (-ST, -ST) has:
7/3/4/7, his Player Value is still 170K

Get my point?
You have to analyse the REAL DIFFERENCE in Team Value, by looking at what is available to the coaches to play with.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 13 June 2013, 15:53

No, you need to look at the actual TV for the game. If a coach is stupid enough to keep a +2ST -2ST player, then so be it, but their TV doesn't come down, else you get the ridiculous situations that Sid mentioned.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
plasmoid wrote:And hey, don't knock masturbating. Judging from this thread, it's a reasonably popular pastime.

Force

Postby Force » 13 June 2013, 16:09

IF I keep such a player, BECAUSE I happen to like him, he's still a guy with 4 skills who does his job and my team is in SUCH A RIDICOLUS TV RANGE THAT I HARDLY GET ANY MONEY TO BUY SOMEONE NEW, and I actually USE him, then he is not FRACKING WORTH HIS FRACKING VALUE.

So from a FRACKING BALANCE PERSPECTIVE you have to consider FRACKING INJURIES.

I kinda FRACK OUT when people deny the obvious. Its really hard talking to british and American people. Something about the worlds we live in just does not fit. You know like more guns = less crime. Stuff like that.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 13 June 2013, 16:47

Or you could, you know, just look at REAL DATA.

ReardonMischief

Postby ReardonMischief » 08 September 2014, 08:16

What if you had a roster of 14 players with 2 All Stars (say Morg n Thorg plus Count Luther Von Drakenborg)? the Two all stars would contribute 820 TV by themselves. The total TV would be around 6500,
I just love the smell of Blood, especially, if it's from the other team !!

Return to “Off-Topic”