Dungeonbowl Knockout Edition

Anything not related to Blood Bowl video games.
Jolly Roger

Dungeonbowl Knockout Edition

Postby Jolly Roger » 17 June 2014, 15:40

Hi everybody,

You may already know Dungeonbowl, our self-published game at Cyanide, which came out 2 years ago.

Unlike Blood Bowl, Dungeonbowl allows teams to mix several races and matches are played in a dungeon that conceals a multitude of traps!
A new edition for the game called Knockout Edition is available since today, on the Steam download platform, offering new features plus all previously released content : http://store.steampowered.com/app/209390/

Following numerous requests from the community, we have integrated an AI into the game so that, whenever they want, players can train against or compete against challenging opponents. You can thus challenge teams from each College of Magic with different levels of difficulty! You can choose to play offline or online against these virtual opponents.

Dungeonbowl Knockout Edition also contain all the DLC released since the first edition. All the Colleges of Magic are thus available, a total of 10 different teams compositions, mixing the most renowned Warhammer races!
Moreover, you also gain access to all existing environment kits for use in the Dungeon Editor. They will allow you to build unique and varied environments so that you can lead your opponents into the meanders of your evil designs!

For players who have already bought an edition of Dungeonbowl, their version will be updated automatically so that they receive the Knockout Edition at no additional cost.

If you have some questions about the game I invite you to join us on the official forums of the game : http://www.dungeonbowl-game.com/forums/
(this one is for BB only)
There's also a special promo launch on our store: http://store.cyanide-studio.com/dungeonbowl

Here's a gameplay trailer to pique your interest!

BloodSkull

Re: Dungeonbowl Knockout Edition

Postby BloodSkull » 18 June 2014, 03:04

:shock: Are people still honestly playing this? I guess some people are gluttons for punishment, but if the AI is any good I might break down and use steam.

Gallows Bait

Postby Gallows Bait » 18 June 2014, 19:54

In all honesty, none of the efforts have yet made up for the lack of league options. It's amusing and all, but public league only killed it from the start.

What I do find interesting, apart from the suspicion that this is a pre-cursor to what we might see from a BB2 AI improvement, is the fact that there are AI bots even in the online public league. While there have been some comments in the press that this is a feature we may see added to leagues in BB2, the fact they're just dumped into public league is a rather obvious farming issue.

For Dungeon Bowl it's not big enough to be a concern, but for BB2 this could see some consternation if they don't structure a good range of public league choices.

Proxi Winther Rex

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 20 June 2014, 14:10

I've got the original DB, but it doesn't Work anymore...

Like (apparently) many others, I bought the game, just to find out, that there was no Single player included...
So I've never actually PLAYED the game...

Now My "startbox" looks like this:

Do I have to update to DBKE, or do I have to buy the new version??

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 20 June 2014, 15:45

Jolly Roger wrote:For players who have already bought an edition of Dungeonbowl, their version will be updated automatically so that they receive the Knockout Edition at no additional cost.

Now don't ask me how to update it if it hasn't already, as I didn't buy it originally.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
plasmoid wrote:And hey, don't knock masturbating. Judging from this thread, it's a reasonably popular pastime.

Gallows Bait

Postby Gallows Bait » 20 June 2014, 20:01

Proxi Winther Rex wrote:I've got the original DB, but it doesn't Work anymore...

Like (apparently) many others, I bought the game, just to find out, that there was no Single player included...
So I've never actually PLAYED the game...

Now My "startbox" looks like this:

Do I have to update to DBKE, or do I have to buy the new version??

I have to say having an automatically updating Steam-only multiplayer-only game not update is.... impressive.

Aside from checking your Steam settings, I don't know. :D

Proxi Winther Rex

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 23 June 2014, 15:31

I still don't know what on Earth happened, but I re-Installed DB, and then it automatically updated to KO-Edition...

So now I actually can play the game... :mrgreen:

Jolly Roger

Postby Jolly Roger » 23 June 2014, 15:46

Hi there,

Even if you didn't bought the game on Steam your game should automaticaly be upgraded to Knockout Edition. If it's not the case, please send an email to com@cyanide-studio.com and we will give you a Steam key (after verification of course ^^).

Jolly Roger

Postby Jolly Roger » 27 June 2014, 16:32

You can win your Dungeonbowl Knockout Edition Steam key!
Enter the "giveaway" app by clicking here: http://tinyurl.com/mdg2wn6

Like our facebook page to have a chance to get a free key for the game. The more actions on social network you do, better are your chances to get your code. 10 codes available, try your luck!

hermanJnr.

Postby hermanJnr. » 13 July 2014, 23:03

Is there actually an option to create a team for a singleplayer match? It looked like all you could do was play with preset teams in singleplayer, and multiplayer only had like three people playing last time I went on :roll:

It's disappointing because there was clear effort in designing the arenas and editor, but I thought the UI itself seemed like ten steps back from Blood Bowl, almost like it was just rushed through.
Formerly on the boards as "NinjaGammaMan".

Return to “Off-Topic”