Introductions Thread

Anything not related to Blood Bowl video games.
Papanurgle.com

Re: Introductions Thread

Postby Papanurgle.com » 20 February 2013, 12:01

Hi all!

Long time GW fanboy (all though those days are waning). Played BB for ages. Recently discovered/got into Chaos Edition and love it for filling the gap left by diminishing local gaming clubs.

I run a forum (hence the name) and have set up a themed grand slam laegue. Get in.

Tomunist Party

Postby Tomunist Party » 23 February 2013, 06:46

My name is Larry McDowell, I do no good in Washington DC.

Played the table top before it was lost in a drunk driving accident. Don't worry, it wasn't me; and no, this isnt a cry for help. Played with a friend for awhile on his computer, then bought it for myself on the Xbox. After trying to complete two leagues on the Xbox version (probably the worst port ever made) I got frustrated and quit the game.

I have always loved games, board games in particular. Blood bowl is too relatively infrequent for my competitive taste but I find the whimsy most enjoyable.

I recently bought the PC game so that my twin brother and I can have an outlet to abuse each other while I am away and he is "roving." This is not inuendo, I don't even know why I mention the disclaimer.

For the purpose of putting a voice to my post, just imagine a deep southern drawl.

Pestigor

Postby Pestigor » 08 March 2013, 16:48

the name's igor and being a pest is my mission.
wait, did i post this already?

waiting for dode to pop up within a few seconds and tell me.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 08 March 2013, 17:35

Pestigor

Postby Pestigor » 09 March 2013, 11:11

ugh, i thought brad was ugly enough... what's the point now in posting a chimp wearing a tie?
is this political propaganda?

colourcodedchaos

Postby colourcodedchaos » 09 April 2013, 20:18

Suppose I ought to post here.

Hello! My name's Cassie and I play Khemri. Badly. My team is designed around the idea that they're all children's party entertainers. Also because my friends play various flavours of Elf and winning scares me.

MCrispin

Postby MCrispin » 10 April 2013, 09:49

Hello's from Finland,

no I did not look if I have posted already - I think that it was before the hole forums thing was turned upsidedown by Nuffle.
Playing multiple teams and kind of casual at the moment because I am between apartments.
Also keeping a blog about Blood Bowl general and games http://sanitariumprbloodbowl.blogspot.fi/

Can be poked through Twitter @SanitariumPr
Pen & Paper GM PnP veteran from 1989 Oh and also Gamer(dad)
Helsinki, Finland · instagram.com/sanitariumpr/

8-)

Yes I know - Horrible self promo. ;)
Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
-Call of Cthulhu
Coach of Slaanesh Voodoo Dollz

Piranjade

Postby Piranjade » 19 May 2013, 09:18

And a hello from Germany. :D
My name is Piran and I have only recently started playing Blood Bowl online in a nice private league that originated in the GOG forum.
I knew the game before having played the table top version about a dozen times mainly with Necros. Online I'm playing Underworld. That said I'm more of a casual player and in it for the fun of the game. My husband also plays Blood Bowl occasionally, just our son (19 months) is still too young so we're not a complete Blood Bowl family yet. ;)

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 20 May 2013, 01:25

Welcome to the Blood Bowl Community, Piranjade. It's nice to have some women playing this game...

Piranjade

Postby Piranjade » 21 May 2013, 11:47

Welcome to the Blood Bowl Community, Piranjade. It's nice to have some women playing this game...
Thank you! :D
I actually didn't find it that difficult to get some of my female friends interested in the game (and one of them then infected her husband with the Blood Bowl bug, now they are both in our little private league. :lol:)
I mostly tell them fun things about the game to make them wanting to try it and after a match they are intrigued and want to get the hang of it. And some just like painting miniatures.

Return to “Off-Topic”