Season 4 Qualification

cjblackburn

Season 4 Qualification

Postby cjblackburn » 29 March 2017, 15:53

The Admin team have been informed by JimmyFantastic that he would prefer to take his Chaos team if both his Chaos and Nurgle teams qualify for the playoffs. When the ladder finishes we will follow his wishes when seeding the play offs.

tself55

Re: Season 4 Qualification

Postby tself55 » 31 March 2017, 01:24

I am confused and outraged by this decision of the admin team. The rules as posted by Netheos on these forums states:

If a coach qualifies with more than one team, ONLY THE HIGHEST RANKED TEAM QUALIFIES.

As starting in season 5 onwards there is actual money prizes on the line, I feel like not following these rules would give the party not invited to the playoffs as a result of breaking this rule the legal right to sue Focus Interactive for the prize money.

Valcurdra

Postby Valcurdra » 31 March 2017, 02:18

I am confused and outraged by this decision of the admin team. The rules as posted by Netheos on these forums states:

If a coach qualifies with more than one team, ONLY THE HIGHEST RANKED TEAM QUALIFIES.

As starting in season 5 onwards there is actual money prizes on the line, I feel like not following these rules would give the party not invited to the playoffs as a result of breaking this rule the legal right to sue Focus Interactive for the prize money.
Nobody is going to sue, thats just silly.

Otherwise yiur right that the ruling makes no sense, being able to pick your favourite team is clearly against the rules.

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 31 March 2017, 02:47

Nobody is going to sue, thats just silly.

Otherwise yiur right that the ruling makes no sense, being able to pick your favourite team is clearly against the rules.
It was done last season for Mulldripster as well. And where is the difference to him retracting/deleting the team 1 min prior to the end of the payoffs? This way the coach keeps both teams, if he so desires. And the outcome is the same.

vgpurist
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vgpurist/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/vgpurist

Postby vgpurist » 31 March 2017, 05:12

Also Enarion had accidently played his Dark Elf team to a position that was higher ranked than his Wood Elf team. He was victim to us taking the highest ranked team.
VG Purist

YouTube
Twitch

tself55

Postby tself55 » 31 March 2017, 06:43

Don't make rules you don't intend to follow. If you wish to allow coaches with multiple teams to pick and choose which other coaches may have a chance at winning 500 euros, then by all means write it in the competition rules. However this leads to many unfair scenarios that I do not believe the company wishes to occur, and which may run afoul of european law. The admins might not be employees of Focus Interactive, but your actions do represent them; and I believe that these opinions paint Focus in a negative manner.

vgpurist
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vgpurist/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/vgpurist

Postby vgpurist » 31 March 2017, 06:48

Don't make rules you don't intend to follow. If you wish to allow coaches with multiple teams to pick and choose which other coaches may have a chance at winning 500 euros, then by all means write it in the competition rules. However this leads to many unfair scenarios that I do not believe the company wishes to occur, and which may run afoul of european law. The admins might not be employees of Focus Interactive, but your actions do represent them; and I believe that these opinions paint Focus in a negative manner.
If the teams involved simply has a better ranking than the person with 2 teams qualifying then they have nothing to be worried about.
VG Purist

YouTube
Twitch

dode74

Postby dode74 » 31 March 2017, 12:55

The rules were written and someone found a loophole. We discussed it and closed the loophole and the rules have been changed to reflect that. End of story.

Fashbinder

Postby Fashbinder » 31 March 2017, 13:33

Also Enarion had accidently played his Dark Elf team to a position that was higher ranked than his Wood Elf team. He was victim to us taking the highest ranked team.
We confirmed that he knew!

Not hard to delete a team TBH and the coaches that are grinding up two teams a season are unlikely to care about deleting a team like a casual player would.
If you wish to allow coaches with multiple teams to pick and choose which other coaches may have a chance at winning 500 euros, then by all means write it in the competition rules.
They would choose anyway by deleting the other team.

Orielensis

Postby Orielensis » 31 March 2017, 16:56

I am confused and outraged
I am confused and outraged too!

Can you believe some members of this happy community do not like orc throwers??? Absolute madmenz!!!

Return to “Former Seasons”