Reporting abuse + threats + d/c timer abuse ingame

SlyAnimal

Reporting abuse + threats + d/c timer abuse ingame

Postby SlyAnimal » 17 April 2017, 07:33

Today I queued up with my skaven team for the game that should take me to #1 skaven for the first time :)

However my "moment of glory" was kinda wrecked by the opponent which I faced, where he abused me when the dice didn't go his way, made threats of violence towards myself and my family, and then abused the d/c timer to try and waste my time by repeatedly disconnecting and then reconnecting 5 minutes later to try and waste my time. After he made his first really abusive message ("Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope you die IRL"), I told him I wasn't worried but that I'd probably just take a screenshot and report it, yet his messages continued to get more abusive as the game progressed.

My only real "inciting" of his abuse that got him really wound up, to point out that getting 3x stuns & 2 KOs from 5x mb/claw/PO blocks wasn't that bad (~45% removal chance on each, so 2x removals is about normal). Otherwise I don't think that I antagonized him too much with replies, no where near as much could have perhaps been expected considering his abuse. You can see my full replies etc in the twitch video or the screenshots anyway.

Player: edited out
Team: edited out
Game time: The game finished at approximately 0700 GMT (My replay file says 1:55pm (my local time), so perhaps the timestamp on my computer isn't the same as the ingame server's, as I'm sure it was 2pm when the game finished).

I happened to be streaming the game, so the game in it's entirety can be seen, including the chat and d/cs at my twitch channel. I also took screenshots of the abuse ingame:

http://imgur.com/a/xJTtQ
http://imgur.com/a/gT5fQ
http://imgur.com/a/eCWmR

And the video should be at:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/136177304

The video quite clearly shows his abuse of the disconnect timer, he comes back and posts stuff like "OH MAN MY CONNECTION IS SO BAD" each time that he reconnects, before immediately disconnecting, but it's fairly obvious that they weren't real disconnection issues given his previous messages.

For me personally, I don't really care about the abuse or threats, I'm pretty experienced with playing online games and realise that there are people playing who can't deal with their anger in an appropriate manner. Insults, abuse and even threats are like water on a duck's back to me, however I know that that isn't the case for everyone so felt it was probably a good idea to report it.

What does annoy me though, is the abuse of the disconnection feature, that just wastes my time because he's petty and spiteful, and I'd hate to ever see the disconnect timer shortened or similar as a result of abuse like his, because the 6minute timer, with multiple reconnects allowed before auto-concede, has saved me on more than one occasion when I previously had a legitimately unstable internet connection (I've luckily changed providers now, and thus don't have any more issues).

Anyway, please do what you will with the information provided above, if you'd like any additional information please post here or contact me directly (I think MercyFlush is an admin and has me on steam, he wasn't online when this happened so figured I'd just post it here).

Edit: Oh and just because I know how forums are, below are the stats, which sorta shows why he got angry. He definitely got a bit unlucky on casualty dice (mainly unlucky with his fouls), although piling on on every block often has that effect since you usually won't pile on if you initially roll a KO/injury, only if you roll a low number, but generally speaking, in such a small sample size anything can happen anyway. Also probably didn't help that I went 1-0 up on his drive, killed one of his mb/po/claw warriors & MNG another without regen (I killed another warrior too but he regen'd).

http://tinyurl.com/l9gkk5k
Last edited by SlyAnimal on 17 April 2017, 11:02, edited 2 times in total.

dode74

Re: Reporting abuse + threats + d/c timer abuse ingame

Postby dode74 » 17 April 2017, 08:09

Checking our records, this player should have already been banned from the Champion Ladder. He has been now.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 17 April 2017, 09:42

You should remove his name and team name from your post, in line with the "no naming" forum rules you agreed to when you signed up.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.

Darkson wrote:Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

SlyAnimal

Postby SlyAnimal » 17 April 2017, 11:01

Awesome thanks Dode, that was an amazingly fast response! Great work!

Also I'll edit out his name/team name from my post (Although now that this has been resolved, an admin could also just as easily hide the thread, or edit out anything I've missed that doesn't comply with the rules, since this has been resolved :) )

As a suggestion too, maybe a sticky post advising on a better way to report players. I was looking for one before I posted, for perhaps an email address or similar, but couldn't find anything.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 17 April 2017, 11:15

We only have moderation rights in the Official Competitions section.

As for advice, there is a rules thread sticky here: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=7932
In it there is the following:
If you encounter what you judge to be bad behaviour in the chat, you can contact Netheos directly on this forum by private message. Please send a description of the issue and any screenshots (F12) or files which might help to understand the case. It doesn't necessarily mean that we'll act against the coach you reported, but we'll look into the issue.

MILLANDSON

Postby MILLANDSON » 17 April 2017, 12:41

Moved it to the right part of the forum for you :)

Moderators do not represent Focus or Cyanide but do, when moderating, act on their behalf. Moderation posts and PMs will be in this colour.

Nails48

Postby Nails48 » 17 April 2017, 19:07

It's a shame players like this ruin the game for the majority of decent players. We happen to have this guy playing in our league, he won't be any more :)

Return to “Champion Ladder PC”