Question about "exploits"

SirIronclad
Twitter: @SirIronclad

Re: Question about "exploits"

Postby SirIronclad » 12 May 2017, 20:46

The touchdown fouling situation is getting pretty ridiculous. Just had a match against Sid where he TD fouled me twice. Thankfully all he got out of it was a stun.

I guess we're all supposed to abuse the shit out of this exploit now until it gets fixed?

vgpurist
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vgpurist/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/vgpurist

Postby vgpurist » 13 May 2017, 02:08

Just to be clear, all current and future Cup Playoffs, during the games TD + Fouls are strictly forbidden
VG Purist

YouTube
Twitch

seriousjest
Facebook: seriousjest
Twitter: seriousjest

Postby seriousjest » 13 May 2017, 14:01

dode74 wrote:
Sid The Coach wrote:Could we please have an official position on the matter?
You have it already.
Because currently all we've got is that Dode's "Consider them house rules", which is incorrect both by intention and technically, as at least the TD fouling is mentioned in the "Gameplay/Skills known issues", and two more points have been confirmed to be not working as intended and reported to the developers by QA (though haven't been included into the list yet).
It is correct both by intention and technically. It is considered a house rule in CCL to allow what is a known rulebook deviation in the game. Allowed rulebook deviations are, by definition, house rules.
So at the very best Dode had expressed his personal opinion, which I don't believe has enough authority by itself to be reckoned as an official statement. Even taking his COL admin status into consideration, isn't it a collegiate body? Maybe let's hear from the rest of the admins then (and preferably from those who do actually play in COL themselves and care about the state of affairs there)?
First, I don't just post this stuff willy-nilly. It's discussed among us in most cases. Second, I take umbrage at the suggestion that I, or any of the admins, don't care about the state of affairs in CCL: it wouldn't exist at all if not for the work I (and all the admins) put in. I deliberately don't play in CCL to prevent any conflict of interest. I (and I think I speak for the other admins here) don't expect gratitude for the work we put in, but I certainly don't expect ingratitude either. You, sir, owe us an apology.
At least the TD fouling should definitely be forbidden if you ask me, as it's an explicit exploit and an easy one to police. Just investigate the reports on the occasion, just as you currently do with verbal abuse in chat.
It is not easy to police at all. First off, we have no idea how many people even know it shouldn't be allowed: consider all the coaches who only know BB2 and consider what it allows to be the rules of BB without knowing TT. What happens when two such players play each other and use it, and one later learns it is not allowed? What about if someone uses it not knowing it is not allowed but is then reported? Ignorance, in this situation, is the single best excuse.
Then consider the fact that we'd need to try to communicate such things to all those players, players who we know don't even read what's on the front page of the game or on the forum about the 5-concession limit - the number of "but I didn't know" complaints regarding concessions is still large. Do we just ban them for playing as the game allows them? Or do we allow them one for free? Then we'd need to track the thousands of players who we have and have not told. It differs from concessions in terms of frequency: concession is a *very* frequent issue while TDFouling is not (although it's something we'll be tracking closely soon enough).
No, it's not easy to police at all. Cup is a different (and far smaller) kettle of fish, and the rules will differ there.

^^Cosign.
PS4 Champion Cup co-admin, co-host of "Live from the ManCave!!!," and your favorite Blood Bowl coach's favorite Blood Bowl coach

SirIronclad
Twitter: @SirIronclad

Postby SirIronclad » 13 May 2017, 15:42

vgpurist wrote:Just to be clear, all current and future Cup Playoffs, during the games TD + Fouls are strictly forbidden

Meanwhile we all TD foul to our hearts' content in CL?

samt2806

Postby samt2806 » 16 May 2017, 01:36

I totally agree with Dode.

And you, Sid, have no understanding of what you're talking about. Any issues with the game, on any platform, is discussed daily. What you finally see, as the result of our decisions, have been carefully looked and discussed between a dozen of guy that care about the game and are willing to give time to it.

Does that mean we're omnipotent? No. Does it mean we can't do wrong? No. What it does mean though is that group of guys care. Can you question our decisions? Yes, sure, we hope you do. Questionning our devotion though is obviously wrong as the facts don't back your claim.

Dode
I (and I think I speak for the other admins here) don't expect gratitude for the work we put in, but I certainly don't expect ingratitude either. You, sir, owe us an apology.

He owe you one, indeed.
Blood & Tears Perpetual Co-founder
PS4 CCL Admin
Your 6 concedes were disconnects and crashes?! Yeah right :mrgreen: "

Return to “Champion Ladder PC”