Concession Limit Lowered to 6!!!

seriousjest
Facebook: seriousjest
Twitter: seriousjest

Concession Limit Lowered to 6!!!

Postby seriousjest » 24 February 2017, 15:00

Just highlighting that we have lowered the Concession Limit to 6, as of S4.

This is also a good time to remind everyone of a paragraph that has been in the rules since S1, but seems to be ignored:

Please keep in mind that the concession limit is designed to account for involuntary disconnections, game crashes, and urgent real-life situations. Voluntary concessions in the Championship Ladder are severely frowned upon. Please respect your opponent's time, the integrity of the Ladder's rankings, and the fair distribution of MVPs and gold winnings, and play your games out in a sportsmanlike manner.

The above means that those of you who come to us arguing that "only 1 or 2" of your concedes were voluntarily will be turned away with a succinct "you shouldn't have conceded voluntarily once or twice."
PS4 Champion Cup co-admin, co-host of "Live from the ManCave!!!," and your favorite Blood Bowl coach's favorite Blood Bowl coach

mellogo1d

Re: Concession Limit Lowered to 6!!!

Postby mellogo1d » 27 February 2017, 22:09

Is this a good idea really though ?? I suffered from 5 blue screens with my nurgle last season. One more would see me disqualified next season ? Until the blue screen issue is totally resolved I think it should remain at 8

seriousjest
Facebook: seriousjest
Twitter: seriousjest

Postby seriousjest » 28 February 2017, 06:02

Is this a good idea really though ?? I suffered from 5 blue screens with my nurgle last season. One more would see me disqualified next season ? Until the blue screen issue is totally resolved I think it should remain at 8
Mello, you get 6 concedes, and then you get disqualified. So it's actually 7 before you get the boot.

Also, the blue screen issue will never be completely resolved. We were getting them before the bad patch, and now they're just back to a manageable rate. It's a Sony problem. I get blue screens in other games when I leave my PS on too long or play after rest mode.

But 1 concede a week for a 6-week season is where we're willing to draw the line now. Most of the community does not BS more than that, and as a result, some coaches with no BS problems are using the concede cap as a strategic cap to how many games they can voluntarily concede. In any case, S4 is less than 5 weeks, so this is a good opportunity to drop the cap and reevaluate at the end of the season.
PS4 Champion Cup co-admin, co-host of "Live from the ManCave!!!," and your favorite Blood Bowl coach's favorite Blood Bowl coach

triperis

Postby triperis » 02 March 2017, 12:18

One can send clips to sony showing what was happening before the crash. Perhaps this could be used to help not to ban people not at fault? To the extent on my knowledge, there is no way to manually crash the game and still have no option to send crash report. If this could be used, perhaps concession limit could be lowered even less as only non-standard network crashes, power outage and girlfriends unplugging PS4s would be left to cause involuntary concessions.

CalciumCas
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CalciumBB/

Postby CalciumCas » 03 March 2017, 18:35

That moment when you've reduced a wood elf team to 6, and your 2 year old son manages to get to the eject button on the PS4... ARRGGHHHHHH
The most dangerous coach in BB history and PS4 great white shark https://www.twitch.tv/calciumcas
Season VII bluescreen tally : 2 (1 in a finals game!)

Return to “Champion Ladder PS4”