"What if I qualified for S4 Cup with 2 different teams?"

seriousjest
Facebook: seriousjest
Twitter: seriousjest

"What if I qualified for S4 Cup with 2 different teams?"

Postby seriousjest » 28 March 2017, 09:04

Starting with S4, we are allowing any coach who has 2 or more teams that may qualify for the Cup (playoffs) to submit, before the end of the season, notice that he/she would prefer one team over another. There is only 1 method of communication to submit this notice properly: send a direct message to username BB2ChampLadder using the Playstation Network messaging system. Notice sent by directly DMing an admin you know, posting on these forums, etc., will not count! If we do not receive such notice before the relevant competition closes, your higher-ranked team will qualify.
PS4 Champion Cup co-admin, co-host of "Live from the ManCave!!!," and your favorite Blood Bowl coach's favorite Blood Bowl coach

CalciumCas
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CalciumBB/

Re: "What if I qualified for S4 Cup with 2 different teams?"

Postby CalciumCas » 28 March 2017, 14:13

Really uncomfortable with this to be honest, some coaches have a lot more time to run 2 teams than others, and this could result in someone being frozen out as a result of a strategic team pick (I am in danger of this for season IV). I would prefer to see a coaches top ranked team being automatically picked, why wouldn't you choose to take your most successful team into the Championship finals?

This method clearly benefits coaches with a lot more BB time on their hands, and it doesn't sit well with me (and I probably play more than average)
Champions league Season V : Concession count = 0 on PC & 0 on PS4

samt2806

Postby samt2806 » 28 March 2017, 16:07

While i agree with you CC, people delete their teams to choose which they gonna play. That complicate our job a lot. With this way, at least, we don't lose time checking which team is deleted and which isn't.
Blood & Tears Perpetual Co-founder
PS4 CCL Admin
Your 6 concedes were disconnects and crashes?! Yeah right :mrgreen: "

Shaggrath

Postby Shaggrath » 29 March 2017, 14:26

I don't see a real problem with it. Ya some guys have more time but that's up to them to spend that time playing BB. They still only get 1 team and they have to notify the admin.

I don't see how choice hurts anyone if it's still 16 teams with 16 DIFFERENT coaches.

seriousjest
Facebook: seriousjest
Twitter: seriousjest

Postby seriousjest » 29 March 2017, 17:56

Just noting that PC is doing a 24 hours in advance requirement. Since we had already posted notice letting you know you had up until time competition ends, we're sticking with that for PS4 this season.
PS4 Champion Cup co-admin, co-host of "Live from the ManCave!!!," and your favorite Blood Bowl coach's favorite Blood Bowl coach

triperis

Postby triperis » 30 March 2017, 11:43

I'd argue we might want to benefit players with more BB2 time even more, as it would mean finding games for everybody easier (as players with more time would actually be playing). After all, it's time-bidding war as it is now anyways ;)

Return to “Champion Ladder PS4”