Question about "exploits"

SirIronclad
Twitter: @SirIronclad

Re: Question about "exploits"

Postby SirIronclad » 12 May 2017, 20:46

The touchdown fouling situation is getting pretty ridiculous. Just had a match against Sid where he TD fouled me twice. Thankfully all he got out of it was a stun.

I guess we're all supposed to abuse the shit out of this exploit now until it gets fixed?

vgpurist
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vgpurist/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/vgpurist

Postby vgpurist » 13 May 2017, 02:08

Just to be clear, all current and future Cup Playoffs, during the games TD + Fouls are strictly forbidden
VG Purist

YouTube
Twitch

seriousjest
Facebook: seriousjest
Twitter: seriousjest

Postby seriousjest » 13 May 2017, 14:01

Could we please have an official position on the matter?
You have it already.
Because currently all we've got is that Dode's "Consider them house rules", which is incorrect both by intention and technically, as at least the TD fouling is mentioned in the "Gameplay/Skills known issues", and two more points have been confirmed to be not working as intended and reported to the developers by QA (though haven't been included into the list yet).
It is correct both by intention and technically. It is considered a house rule in CCL to allow what is a known rulebook deviation in the game. Allowed rulebook deviations are, by definition, house rules.
So at the very best Dode had expressed his personal opinion, which I don't believe has enough authority by itself to be reckoned as an official statement. Even taking his COL admin status into consideration, isn't it a collegiate body? Maybe let's hear from the rest of the admins then (and preferably from those who do actually play in COL themselves and care about the state of affairs there)?
First, I don't just post this stuff willy-nilly. It's discussed among us in most cases. Second, I take umbrage at the suggestion that I, or any of the admins, don't care about the state of affairs in CCL: it wouldn't exist at all if not for the work I (and all the admins) put in. I deliberately don't play in CCL to prevent any conflict of interest. I (and I think I speak for the other admins here) don't expect gratitude for the work we put in, but I certainly don't expect ingratitude either. You, sir, owe us an apology.
At least the TD fouling should definitely be forbidden if you ask me, as it's an explicit exploit and an easy one to police. Just investigate the reports on the occasion, just as you currently do with verbal abuse in chat.
It is not easy to police at all. First off, we have no idea how many people even know it shouldn't be allowed: consider all the coaches who only know BB2 and consider what it allows to be the rules of BB without knowing TT. What happens when two such players play each other and use it, and one later learns it is not allowed? What about if someone uses it not knowing it is not allowed but is then reported? Ignorance, in this situation, is the single best excuse.
Then consider the fact that we'd need to try to communicate such things to all those players, players who we know don't even read what's on the front page of the game or on the forum about the 5-concession limit - the number of "but I didn't know" complaints regarding concessions is still large. Do we just ban them for playing as the game allows them? Or do we allow them one for free? Then we'd need to track the thousands of players who we have and have not told. It differs from concessions in terms of frequency: concession is a *very* frequent issue while TDFouling is not (although it's something we'll be tracking closely soon enough).
No, it's not easy to police at all. Cup is a different (and far smaller) kettle of fish, and the rules will differ there.
^^Cosign.
PS4 Champion Cup co-admin, co-host of "Live from the ManCave!!!," and your favorite Blood Bowl coach's favorite Blood Bowl coach

SirIronclad
Twitter: @SirIronclad

Postby SirIronclad » 13 May 2017, 15:42

Just to be clear, all current and future Cup Playoffs, during the games TD + Fouls are strictly forbidden
Meanwhile we all TD foul to our hearts' content in CL?

samt2806

Postby samt2806 » 16 May 2017, 01:36

I totally agree with Dode.

And you, Sid, have no understanding of what you're talking about. Any issues with the game, on any platform, is discussed daily. What you finally see, as the result of our decisions, have been carefully looked and discussed between a dozen of guy that care about the game and are willing to give time to it.

Does that mean we're omnipotent? No. Does it mean we can't do wrong? No. What it does mean though is that group of guys care. Can you question our decisions? Yes, sure, we hope you do. Questionning our devotion though is obviously wrong as the facts don't back your claim.
Dode
I (and I think I speak for the other admins here) don't expect gratitude for the work we put in, but I certainly don't expect ingratitude either. You, sir, owe us an apology.
He owe you one, indeed.
Blood & Tears Perpetual Co-founder
PS4 CCL Admin
Your 6 concedes were disconnects and crashes?! Yeah right :mrgreen: "

CalciumCas
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CalciumBB/

Postby CalciumCas » 24 June 2017, 09:55

I find myself scratching my head in wonder over TD fouling being acceptable during the season but unacceptable and banned in the playoffs...Surely it's either a 'house rule' (which I think is a joke of an excuse for this) or it's not.

I get that it's far easier to police during the playoffs, so are you saying that TD fouling is acceptable when you envisage the policing of it to be to problematic, and it's not acceptable when there's only 16 teams to worry about? Could it not be treated the same way as griefing etc.? Surely a simple solution is to ban it altogether, that way the number of TD fouling cases would most likely drop dramatically as a result. (Obviously there will be coaches that continue to do it, there will always be them right?)

Any mechanic in BB that has zero risk with massive reward is broke to hell and it diminishes the game we all love. My (limited) understanding of BB is that most actions carry an amount of risk. From what I've seen during twitch streams, you can score a TD, move out through any TZ's, GFI twice and foul, all with ZERO percent risk of failure. I just don't understand how the admins think this is acceptable. Taking DP on high MA players is now extremely tempting, and during the season this gives high MA teams a distinct advantage in game...I recently saw a twitch game where a high MA player scored a TD and moved back near the LOS to gangfoul an opposing player.

It's quite ironic that as a dedicated fouler (23081 fouls thrown in FUMBBL alone!) I find TD fouling extremely distasteful. Personally I will never TD foul, but it may well leave me at a disadvantage now during games.

Clearly I think the admins decision on this is way out, take that as disrespect or not, it's up to you guys. I have tried to lay out my rationale behind my opinion above. I'm no number crunching stat freak, I'm just a guy who loves this game passionately. Just my 2 cents worth.
The most dangerous coach in BB history and PS4 great white shark https://www.twitch.tv/calciumcas
Season VII bluescreen tally : 2 (1 in a finals game!)

dode74

Postby dode74 » 24 June 2017, 12:43

There are plenty of examples of house rules being allowed in league but not in playoff in the rulebook. CRP even suggests not allowing inducements during the playoffs at all.

That said, I entirely understand your position - I don't want it in the game either. The problem is not only that banning it would require effective communication the likes of which we simply don't have the tools to manage, but that the failure of that communication effectively misleads people due to the game mechanisms. The game allows it, and it isn't, unless you have played BB before, *obviously* not something you should be able do (post TD celebration, as fluff?) so people who come to BB2 cold will think it's fine. That's where it differs from griefing methods: those are obvious uses of out-of-game mechanisms to do things which are nothing to do with the rules of the game. To that end, and given it is expected to be fixed at or about LE release, we're leaving it.

Vejeta

Fouling when scoring a touchdown glitch

Postby Vejeta » 26 June 2017, 22:52

So my opponent fouled me and moved into my end zone with the ball in the same action sequence.

The armour roll and injury roll for the foul were both doubles.

My player got injured, the opponent didn't get sent off for the foul even though doubles were rolled and he ended up scoring a touchdown even though he should have been sent off.

I can only presume this is a glitch.
PSN: Jab_187

dragonwolf

Re: Fouling when scoring a touchdown glitch

Postby dragonwolf » 29 June 2017, 13:12

So my opponent fouled me and moved into my end zone with the ball in the same action sequence.

The armour roll and injury roll for the foul were both doubles.

My player got injured, the opponent didn't get sent off for the foul even though doubles were rolled and he ended up scoring a touchdown even though he should have been sent off.

I can only presume this is a glitch.
Indeed i created a post month ago about the same issue, with the indesirable consequence of spreading the word about the loophole of the game allowing TD/FOUL without being sent off by the REF . As Dode said , till it s patched , consider it as a house rule. No one stops you to do the same as the video game "as programmed" allows it . Everyone as the same opportunity unlike the when the wardancer could do a leap after 2 gfi and get an extra square as a result. This exploit is available to everyone not race specific . At least that the way i see it

Return to “Former Seasons”