Champion Cup Season 1

dode74

Champion Cup Season 1

Postby dode74 » 16 November 2016, 20:28

Qualifiers for the Champions' Cup are as below. All teams have been sent tickets for the tournament and should apply in-game as soon as possible. It will be a single-elimination tournament.
Qualifiers Season 1  PC final.png
Qualifiers Season 1 PC final.png (31.06 KiB) Viewed 1363 times
Matchday 1 schedule is below. Please arrange your matches in this thread.
TournamentS1MD1.png
TournamentS1MD1.png (159.32 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
Last edited by dode74 on 10 December 2016, 20:09, edited 3 times in total.

Enarion

Re: Champion Cup Season 1

Postby Enarion » 16 November 2016, 22:19

So what's the point again to play in the play-offs to get the Fan Favourite trait on a player when the teams reset for season 2? ;)

Koadah

Postby Koadah » 16 November 2016, 22:29

So what's the point again to play in the play-offs to get the Fan Favourite trait on a player when the teams reset for season 2? ;)
For the adulation of your peers.
CaRBB

Mercy Flush

Postby Mercy Flush » 16 November 2016, 22:35

For shame Enarion!!! :P

Your name in lights!... the admiration of your peers, the envy of your rivals &, above all,
the raw thrill of.. victory! :ugeek:

But no, aside from that, if you're in it for the cold hard cash.. you'll get a few cyans & FF
on 1 player. & then your team is free to join the COL Open Ladder & play out their campaign
in the most popular & populous league in BB2 with the prestigue of taking on all future
challenges as 'the champion'!! 8-)

Enarion

Postby Enarion » 16 November 2016, 23:30

Your name in lights!... the admiration of your peers, the envy of your rivals &, above all,

But no, aside from that, if you're in it for the cold hard cash.. you'll get a few cyans & FF
on 1 player. & then your team is free to join the COL Open Ladder & play out their campaign
in the most popular & populous league in BB2 with the prestigue of taking on all future
Just seems like a waste of time, to reset the teams for the competitive ladder each season. :)

To elaborate: I played roughly 60 matches with my woodie team, had alot of fun, thought if they didn't make it to the play-off the first season they would have a shot at the next season. But nope, those 60+ matches, are useless after season 1. :)

Koadah

Postby Koadah » 17 November 2016, 00:14

Just seems like a waste of time, to reset the teams for the competitive ladder each season. :)

To elaborate: I played roughly 60 matches with my woodie team, had alot of fun, thought if they didn't make it to the play-off the first season they would have a shot at the next season. But nope, those 60+ matches, are useless after season 1. :)
You still have COL. ;)

If you leave them in, there will be complaining about "unfair", "big TV gaps". If you split into two divisions it will be longer to find a game and also big TV gaps.
CaRBB

Enarion

Postby Enarion » 17 November 2016, 00:39

You still have COL. ;)

If you leave them in, there will be complaining about "unfair", "big TV gaps". If you split into two divisions it will be longer to find a game and also big TV gaps.
Some prefer to play bloated teams and get inducements though. Anyways, I think this is not well thought out, concerning new teams each season. Just my two cents.

Hudd

Postby Hudd » 17 November 2016, 11:24

+1 for allowing experienced teams into the competition. People get attached to their teams, and if you're a competitive player, you won't want to play in the general COL.

I appreciate it's not an easy choice and there are positives and negatives for each option. But new teams will get matched against other new teams anyway, no? I believe there is a 500K hard cap on TV difference.

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 17 November 2016, 19:05

Also it's possible to get that player onto a different roster in private leagues play through the transfer market.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

Veggente

Postby Veggente » 17 November 2016, 23:10

When we will know who is vs who and where/how we will contact opponents?

Return to “Former Seasons”