COL Champions Cup Season 1 - Grand Final

plasmoid

Re: COL Champions Cup Season 1 - Grand Final

Postby plasmoid » 09 December 2016, 18:33

Hi Ducke,
congrats on your impressive feat!
Any chance you'd share your thoughts on making Brets compete?
Cheers
Martin

mortlock10

Postby mortlock10 » 09 December 2016, 18:57

Congrats Ducke!!!!!

Ducke

Postby Ducke » 09 December 2016, 19:17

Hi Ducke,
congrats on your impressive feat!
Any chance you'd share your thoughts on making Brets compete?
Cheers
Martin
Well the first tournament i ever won in blood bowl, The Cripple Cup i won with Brettonians and that was a good enough experience for me to want to keep playing them in other formats. I honestly enjoy winning with Brets far more than i enjoy playing them as i dont think they are that well designed when compared to other teams. I will admit that their weirdness and design choices are the main reason i feel so great about being the first Blood Bowl Champion with Brets though :D

Ducke

Postby Ducke » 09 December 2016, 19:24

And the First ever Blood bowl Champion who just so happened to be playing Brets for that matter XD That and ending my match with clearing the pitch really make this an enjoyable evening

Lord Thorlacius

Postby Lord Thorlacius » 09 December 2016, 21:22

Congratulations to both of you for reaching the final. An especially to Ducke for Winning it with the brets! Well done sire ;)

And thx to All the admins and Cyanide for making this sort of championsship possible.
Cheers
Thor

Javelin

Postby Javelin » 09 December 2016, 22:44

Good point Lord Thorlacius. Thanks to Dode, the admins, and everyone else who put effort into making the matchmaking environment have better matches and fun goals!

Cadaric

Postby Cadaric » 09 December 2016, 23:49

Congrats to the Champ!

And a big thanks too to the admin team, great job guys ;)

plasmoid

Postby plasmoid » 10 December 2016, 08:05

Hi Ducke,
well designed or not, the question remains:
How did you do it? How did you get the most from Brets? :mrgreen:
Cheers
Martin

PS - Samuel who got his pretty far in the PS4 competition too is writing a playbook, so it would be interesting to compare your thoughts on playing Brets.

Ducke

Postby Ducke » 10 December 2016, 08:24

Hi Ducke,
Cheers
Martin

PS - Samuel who got his pretty far in the PS4 competition too is writing a playbook, so it would be interesting to compare your thoughts on playing Brets.
Oh sorry, i got the question wrong. It pretty much boils down to playing a solid enough positional game to be able to go 1-0 against stronger bash teams and fouling valuable players without abandoning pitch control entirely. The 2 str4 knights definitely also helped this season though :D

Nesun

Postby Nesun » 10 December 2016, 10:22

Hi Ducke,
Cheers
Martin

Oh sorry, i got the question wrong. It pretty much boils down to playing a solid enough positional game to be able to go 1-0 against stronger bash teams and fouling valuable players without abandoning pitch control entirely. The 2 str4 knights definitely also helped this season though :D
Brets OP, plz nerf! :mrgreen:

Ducke, if I may quote you for plasmoid as I remember someone asking you this question before you became champion:
seems like sessions on defensive and offensive setups would be good, along with things like how do you advance a cage once you've built one.. how to play agility teams.

play like Elves with more skills, cheap foulers and a complete lack of ability to do bs?
Play well, maximize blocks never drop your positioning game for fouls but keep in mind that fouls should be taken if you get an opportunity to do so. Also that last part is only revelent for high tv
Also Brets have an sub average statline so advancing cant be done simply by putting str4 dudes in annoying places so thats important to keep in mind
EDIT: And I forgot... Thank you both, Javelin and Ducke for the game and congrats to our new Champion!

Return to “Former Seasons”