[BBCE/BBLE] Confirmed Bugs List

Any problem? Here should be the solution!
Darkson

Re: [BBCE/BBLE] Confirmed Bugs List

Postby Darkson » 08 July 2014, 17:31

12 man is an old, old bug.

The rng is fine, and is more probably more random than the dice that came with the actual game, not sure if it was this forum or one of the previous (they had one die without a back-up :roll: ) but it was tested, and not by anyone connected to Cyanide/Focus.

On the double skulls/reroll/double skulls are you sure the player didn't have Loner? If the Loner roll is failed it still makes the dice roll graphic/noise but you keep the same result, as per the rules.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 08 July 2014, 18:18

probably more random than the dice
Maybe, maybe not, but it is certainly better distributed.

Grenouille

Postby Grenouille » 09 July 2014, 20:21

12 man is an old, old bug.

The rng is fine, and is more probably more random than the dice that came with the actual game, not sure if it was this forum or one of the previous (they had one die without a back-up :roll: ) but it was tested, and not by anyone connected to Cyanide/Focus.

On the double skulls/reroll/double skulls are you sure the player didn't have Loner? If the Loner roll is failed it still makes the dice roll graphic/noise but you keep the same result, as per the rules.
I agree to double check the loner thing (I've seen many report of problem that are actually explained by the rules while surfing). I never play loners, so nope, not the cause.

The problem is that testing RNG over a (very) limited data set isn't reliable : Without the actual code implementation, pumping numbers just pull the question : Is this sequence the most probable with this RNG ? Hence if Cyanide/Focus has made no direct check, and assuming the "missing test" about the RNG was made using a limited data set of produced numbers without access to the implementation, the doubts remains (at least, to me)

Anyway, I was just pointing it out, I'm not expecting anything, it just helped me with the frustration of those bugs and bad dice rolls (unfair or unlucky, who knows)

dode74

Postby dode74 » 09 July 2014, 22:03

The RNG is a Mersenne Twister MT19937. Feel free to Google it.

Grenouille

Postby Grenouille » 16 July 2014, 17:19

Thanks for the reference, found what I was looking for : external standard RNG using the same seed as the game current match and predicting correct results => imply no implementation problems (BB oracle).

Satisfactory. ( :D ) Thanks again.

Return to “Technical Forum”