[BBCE/BBLE] Unconfirmed Bugs

Any problem? Here should be the solution!
MTKnife

[BBCE/BBLE] Unconfirmed Bugs

Postby MTKnife » 31 December 2011, 21:40

FOR BLOOD BOWL LEGENDARY EDITION ONLY

This thread replaces the one maintained by MILLANDSON from Oct. 2011 to Jan. 2012. Bugs reported in that thread have been added to this original post.

As several of you have noted, a lot of times bugs get reported but not commented on by the powers-that-be around here. The biggest reason for that is too many bugs and too few people, combined with a lack of an organized method of dealing with the bugs. I've been talking with dode74 and armaviva, and here's what we're going to do:

If you've seen a previously unreported bug, please post about it in this thread, or (for bugs complicated enough to require a discussion thread of their own) post a link to the thread that describes the bug. It would also be helpful if you'd post links to any replay files that display a given bug.

IF YOU POST A LINK TO A THREAD, PLEASE ALSO SUMMARIZE THE NATURE OF THE BUG IN YOUR POST IN THIS THREAD. That makes it easier for everyone else to spot your bug and come back here to find it.

The basic function of this thread will be to recruit all of you to replicate bugs. I'll keep a list of them, similar to the list at the beginning of the old thread, "Blood Bowl LE issues [Bugs]". (This is going to take me a few days--please be patient.) Once we're sure a) that a bug is real and b) (and this one is quite important) under what circumstances it occurs, we'll shift discussion of it to the old thread.

Thus, the old thread will henceforth be devoted to discussion of ongoing efforts to fix the confirmed bugs--that lets the developers check the thread without having to deal with a lot of clutter.

For right now, what you guys can do to help me is to post links, from this thread or others, to bugs that haven't been listed in the master list. You're also welcome to PM me instead with the information.

Skills:

Foul Appearance: a player standing next to player with Foul Appearance blitzes and tries to hit the FA player as his first square of movement. He fails the FA roll, and then isn't allowed to continue moving.

Hail Mary Pass can be intercepted.

Hail Mary Pass only works in normal passing range, rather than anywhere on the board; this bug appears to have arisen during the last update.

Leap sometimes doesn't work during a Pass Block, possibly when Leap was used during the previous turn.

Tackle is used against a Leap (this might have been fixed by the latest patch, which fixed it for Diving Tackle; if not, it could conceivably be a problem for Prehensile Tail as well).

Chainsaw: Looney awarded SPP's for injuries caused when opponent rolls attacker down (and I think by extension both down). (Chainsaw most certainly used!) Looney awarded SPP's for injury caused after failed gfi blitz on him....

Blood Lust: A Vamp in a Beast of Nurgle's Tackle Zone fails a Blood Lust roll and and can't dodge out to feed, but doesn't end up off the pitch or cause a TO.

Blood Lust: A Vamp attempts to feed on a Prone Thrall, kicking the game into an endless loop, resulting in the match's being abandoned.

Blood Lust: A Vamp who fails a Blood Lust roll sometimes isn't able to attempt a Pass.

Prehensile Tail: When Prehensile Tail is applied, Dodge can be used even if the moving player is leaving the TZ of a player with Tackle.

PIling On: A Norse Berserker (and possibly any player with Frenzy) who uses Piling On is unable to move the next turn.

Pro: doesn't work during an opponent's turn, at least during two-player games.

Crashes/Freezes:

Both players started getting pop-ups about network synchronization errors, though they could continue chatting--one may have hit "Quit Match", after which the box was unresponsive for the other, who had to use Alt+F4 (though he didn't wait out the four-minute timer).

Game crashes to desktop while in chat; on at least one occasion, this has happened during setup for the first kickoff.

When a single player match ends the screen turns black and the game becomes unresponsive. Audio of cheering crowd can still be heard. Program needs to be terminated via task manager. Probably caught in an infinite loop.

Nothing seems out of order, and the clock counts down just fine, but the coach can't select a player--he can click on them and show their stats, but not give them orders.

A player uses Piling On, changing a Injury from Stunned to a Casualty. The game freezes at that point, before the Casualty Roll.

Blitz! against a coach at the start of the game. Disconnection countdown kicks in, times out, stays at zero.
    http://www.speedyshare.com/files/260717 ... 9-46-52.db

A Vampire who's chosen to Blitz fails his Bloodlust roll, and chooses to continue with the Blitz, and the timer freezes.

A player is missing from both the pitch and reserves. The coach selects a formation ("Attract Centre") to try to recover him, and the game crashes.

The game crashes when the Apothecary box comes up; this may be the same as the KO bug, but the KO doesn't have to be the ball-carrier.

The game crashes when a formation is loaded.

The game crashes when a coach clicks on the Log button (to switch from Chat) while the choice of Kick or Receive is presented at the beginning of the game.

The game freezes when a rooted Treeman attempts to throw a Halfling. The interface still works, and chat is possible, but the turn doesn't continue; there are also several notices after the freeze of a disconnection.

A player wins a game and receives gold and the MVP, but the game shows up in the team's match record as a disconnect on the winning player's part, and the game doesn't appear in the league calendar.

A Blitzing ball-carrier fails a GFI and is KO'ed. The game immediately freezes (in the one case I've witnessed it, there was no apo available).

A receiving team has only one player available at the Kickoff, and that player is KO'ed on a Blitz!. There's a touchback, and, with no player to give the ball to, the game freezes.

Rules Implementation:

Ball-carrier can enter opponent's end zone without scoring.

Wizard: if a Fireball knocks down a player on the moving team, it causes a Turnover (this situation isn't defined in the official rules, since a Wizard isn't supposed to be usable during a player's turn, rather than at the beginning or end of it).

Other In-game Issues:

Sometimes a player can't be replaced by a reserve. This can happen even if the player in question started the Kick-off setup on the field. However, it only seems to happen to players with 0 SPP's.

In rare cases, a player missing during the Kick-off setup doesn't re-appear for the Kick-off. He can be selected by scrolling through the players using Page Down, but issuing him a command results in a crash.

A player with Secret Weapon may disappear during Kick-off setup if he was the last player to benefit from a Bribe after the previous drive; this occurs even if the coach doesn't hover the mouse over the opponent's players during setup.

When a a saved formation including a missing or dead player is loaded, the game doesn't let the coach put in a player from the bench.

Formations aren't saved after a game.

Apothecary: The computer fails to apply the second (re-rolled) result after the use of an Apothecary.

Apothecary: In a single-player game, a player is brought back despite an Apothecracy result of "Dead" (this could be because the original roll was no "Dead").

Apothecary: when one player abandons a game before an injury is resolved, the remaining player is unable to use an Apothecary on that injury.

Bribes: The game rolls twice for the same bribe, then crashes.

Bribes: The game asks for three bribes for the same Secret Weapon player.

Bribes: Players with Secret Weapon disappears at the start of the next drive, but shows up after that in Reserves.

Passes: After plotting a pass, coach has trouble getting the pass to execute before time runs out, despite multiple clicks.

Bouncing ball: a bouncing ball can land in the square of a player who's been KO'ed.

Balls and chain-pushes: when a player is chain-pushed onto the ball, a Pick-up attempt results, rather than a scatter.

Blitz!: Certain circumstances (all of which seem to involve the block during the bonus turn's Blitz) during a Kick-off Blitz! can trigger the ball's landing mid-turn, though it can't be picked up, and disappears at the end of the turn, to land normally.

When the game is running in windowed mode, changing the screen resolution, moving the game between monitors, or moving the Windows taskbar between monitors changes the display, but not the mapping of mouse clicks, resulting in mouse clicks' being off a few squares.

When a Blitzing player blocks on his first square of movement and chooses not to follow-up, the Blitz becomes an ordinary Block, with the player in question unable to move, and the Blitz still available to the coach.

Online Issues:

Unable to create new teams (poster who mentioned it had 27 already).

A team is grayed out in a player's list, and can't play games in the league it belongs to.

A player repeatedly sees a notification that he's got mail, even after the message in question has been read.

Single-player Issues:

New single-player replays corrupted since 2.0.1.1.

In a Blitz SP campaign after winning a bowl you lose all your treasury money, even after 2.0.1.0 patch.

In Story Mode, the same team sometimes shows up in two different seeds (sometimes even in the same group) in a given tournament.

In chapter 3 of the Story Mode, you have to win the Spike! Magazine trophy. A coach played the smaller venues first and won them all, but the "Trophies" screen displays the Clean Cup (picture and name) three times rather than the proper awards.

Post-game:

A Journeyman ("Mercenary") gains a skill roll ("level up") during the game, and the coach purchases him after the game. When the coach clicks on the "Move up level" button, no dice roll is shown, though the coach is still able to choose a skill.
Last edited by MTKnife on 03 January 2012, 07:38, edited 2 times in total.

MTKnife

Re: Blood Bowl LE Unconfirmed Bugs

Postby MTKnife » 31 December 2011, 21:44

To celebrate my return, let me post a new one: I kept getting the "You've Got Mail" notice at the top of my online screen, for months, but when I clicked on it, it was always the same (already read) message. I finally had to delete it to solve the problem.

Scott

MTKnife

Postby MTKnife » 31 December 2011, 21:52

eblingus wrote:I just experienced the 'missing player' bug. I am not sure if I looked at the other team players during setup or not. Unlike all my previous experiences with this bug, my player did not appear at kick-off. After three turns, I 'found' my player by using Page Down to scroll through the list. He did not appear on the screen, just the selection area. I tried to issue a move command to him, and the game crashed, of course.

I just experienced this one the other night (though I didn't know how to use Page Down to select, hence didn't cause the crash). Could we add it to Confirmed, armaviva?

Beerox

Postby Beerox » 13 January 2012, 22:22

Encoutered this awhile ago but could not confirm it was a bug... but I believe it was...

I have a Frenzy+Juggernaut Witch Elf. When blitzing a stand firm player, the first block roll was push, and juggernaut worked, so I pushed him a square. The 2nd (frenzy) block roll was also push, but the opponent stood firm. So I couldn't push him out of bounds :cry:

armaviva

Postby armaviva » 14 January 2012, 02:26

Beerox wrote:Encoutered this awhile ago but could not confirm it was a bug... but I believe it was...

I have a Frenzy+Juggernaut Witch Elf. When blitzing a stand firm player, the first block roll was push, and juggernaut worked, so I pushed him a square. The 2nd (frenzy) block roll was also push, but the opponent stood firm. So I couldn't push him out of bounds :cry:

I couldn't recreate the issue, I was able to push twice including out of bounds.
Every edition Blood Bowl since the 1st. Ask to see my 1st Ed. paper minis,
or if you prefer I also have full teams (16+ players) of all 21 LRB 5.0 races.

Kjelstad

Postby Kjelstad » 14 January 2012, 20:23

Twice I have had the game lock up when I have a vampire lust and I don't feed before time runs out. I am pretty sure I had pressed 'end action' and was frantically clicking a thrall but I can not repeat it in single player.

Gibzz

Postby Gibzz » 15 January 2012, 00:46

I one had a player crowd pushed and he suffered 2 injuries: one from the block then one from the crowd. The game then only offer me to cure his 2nd injury with the apoth. I was not able to choose if I wanted to use my apoth on the 1st injury.

MILLANDSON

Postby MILLANDSON » 15 January 2012, 12:02

Gibzz wrote:I one had a player crowd pushed and he suffered 2 injuries: one from the block then one from the crowd. The game then only offer me to cure his 2nd injury with the apoth. I was not able to choose if I wanted to use my apoth on the 1st injury.

That can't happen - the injury happens after they've been crowdsurfed :?

Have you got a replay/screenshot showing this happening?

Moderators do not represent Focus or Cyanide but do, when moderating, act on their behalf. Moderation posts and PMs will be in this colour.

Rogassin

Postby Rogassin » 15 January 2012, 13:12

I have had an issue with mighty blow but only after giving this as a new skill. I have had a chaos warrior pick up the skill but when it is applied it increases the opponents armour value by 1 in the calculation (eg using an armour value of 9 in the calculation instead of the opponents standard value of 8). Aalso doesn't appear to be adding +1 to the injury rollbut i will need to check this to confirm.

Mighty blow as a starting skill on my minotaur seems to work correctly.

MILLANDSON

Postby MILLANDSON » 15 January 2012, 16:10

Rogassin wrote:I have had an issue with mighty blow but only after giving this as a new skill. I have had a chaos warrior pick up the skill but when it is applied it increases the opponents armour value by 1 in the calculation (eg using an armour value of 9 in the calculation instead of the opponents standard value of 8). Aalso doesn't appear to be adding +1 to the injury rollbut i will need to check this to confirm.

Mighty blow as a starting skill on my minotaur seems to work correctly.

No, it adds +1 as a modifier to your roll, and therefore increases your armour roll.

You are reading the log incorrectly, I think. Do you have a screenshot or replay showing it?

Moderators do not represent Focus or Cyanide but do, when moderating, act on their behalf. Moderation posts and PMs will be in this colour.

Return to “Technical Forum”