[BBCE/BBLE] Unconfirmed Bugs

Any problem? Here should be the solution!
SirSebstar

Re: [BBCE/BBLE] Unconfirmed Bugs

Postby SirSebstar » 12 November 2012, 12:26

If the opponent cannot put 3 on the pitch then he can concede without further penalty.
if there are still turns left in the half, then continue playing as if a drive has just ended.
p15 lbr 6 states what happens when you have a cleared pitch.
the extra rules state that you can forfiet if you can set up less then 3 players, but without any further penalties. It also does not state you should be awarded a td. so its a bit of both but neither completely?

Kjelstad

Postby Kjelstad » 13 November 2012, 01:17

Did he fail all three KO giving you a TD and then get one or two of his players back?

SirSebstar

Postby SirSebstar » 13 November 2012, 18:25

the game never even tried to do this. but they should have

douglowe

Postby douglowe » 13 November 2012, 21:30

Two bugs this game:

1) Around turn 6-7 I pushed back an opposing player onto a loose ball with the first block from a player with frenzy. The ball scattered onto an adjacent downed player, then onto my blocking player, who caught it. This caused him to lose his second block action from frenzy, even though my opponent was still standing.

2) Around turn 10-11 I knocked down the opposing ball carrier. The ball scatters onto one of my players who (apparently) fails the catch - at least this is what the dialog box asking me if I wanted to reroll the catch tells me. I chose not to reroll, and afterwards find that he has caught the ball anyway. In the game log it shows that he was at a -1 modifier for enemy tackle zones, but as the only adjacent opponent was on the floor this is wrong. So it seems that the game-engine calculated the catch correctly, but that the wrong stats were passed to the user interface.

This is what the log file contains for this action:
| +- Enter CStateMatchActionTT
| |
| | Release CStateMatchSelectTT
| | Contexts : GLOBAL(1)GUI(1)CAMERA(1)CAMERAMATCHDEFAULT(1)MATCH(1)PLAYERTEAMHUMAN(1)
| | GameLog(02): HOO (04) Ta'ria Devileater Block Result:
[Defender Down] - [Pushed]
| | Entering CStatePlayerTeamChooseOptionalSkills, loon toon lowlifes is WAITING FOR player decision
| | Entering CStatePlayerTeamChooseOptionalSkills, Little Hooligans is WAITING FOR player decision
| | Entering CStatePlayerTeamChooseOptionalSkills, loon toon lowlifes is NOT WAITING FOR player decision
| | GameLog(02): HOO #04 Ta'ria Devileater chooses : Defender Down
| | Entering CStatePlayerTeamChooseOptionalSkills, Little Hooligans is NOT WAITING FOR player decision
| | Contexts : GLOBAL(1)GUI(1)CAMERA(1)CAMERAMATCHDEFAULT(1)MATCH(1)PLAYERTEAMHUMAN(1)PLAYERTEAMSINGLEACTION(1)
| | Contexts : GLOBAL(1)GUI(1)CAMERA(1)CAMERAMATCHDEFAULT(1)MATCH(1)PLAYERTEAMHUMAN(1)
| | GameLog(02): LOW #07 right rat Armour Value (8+) : 3 + 3 = 6 -> Failure
| | GameLog(02): Bounce (D8) : 8
| | GameLog(02): HOO #05 Nar'kem the Lord Catch {AG} (4+) : 4 + 0 {Bouncing Ball} + -1 {TZ} = 3 -> Failure
| | Init CStateMatchSelectTT
| | Contexts : GLOBAL(1)GUI(1)CAMERA(1)CAMERAMATCHDEFAULT(1)MATCH(1)PLAYERTEAMHUMAN(1)PLAYERTEAMGAMEPLAYTT(1)
| |
| +- Exit CStateMatchActionTT
Note that there's no bounce after the failed catch - showing that my player actually caught the ball!

I've attached the replay, match report & log files for this game.
Attachments
frenzy_ball_scatter.zip
(105.56 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

gavrad76

Postby gavrad76 » 16 November 2012, 19:23

Has the tackle bug (is it even a bug!) even been acknowledge yet by the powers that be?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 16 November 2012, 19:48

Yes, I've sent a replay to pmcc by PM.

gavrad76

Postby gavrad76 » 16 November 2012, 20:22

Cheers Dode

Screwie

Postby Screwie » 17 November 2012, 12:12

In BBCE, I just encountered the error of getting 12 guys on the pitch. By good luck the error occurred on a SP match I'd abandoned earlier, so I've got two replays of the same match - same opponent, same inducements, only who kicks first differs - where the bug only occurs in one match. It happens at the very start of the game too, using whatever default formation the game picks when receiving.

Replays are attached.
Attachments
Replays.zip
(44.45 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

Gartch

Postby Gartch » 17 November 2012, 15:42

Yes, I've sent a replay to pmcc by PM.
Hello dode74, thank you for this,

I just wanted to underline the tackle bug is a big problem, making the game completely unplayable for light team with a lot of dodges, and impacting a lot the interest of playing the game (imho, but other players are also complaining about this bug on private's leagues forums).

I hope Cyanide will solve it quickly (if not, I will quit playing Cyanide's BB, I think the game becomes pointless with this bug)

angus1903

Postby angus1903 » 19 November 2012, 22:09

Crash at Kick off

Had a crash in turn 16 of my latest league match. Having reviewed the log it looks like the issue occurred when my opponent was due to move his player with Kick Off Return. Having viewed the replay I couldn't find him so wonder if the crash was caused by the missing player bug where the missing player has KOR.

The issue caued the client to crash on both players machines
Attachments
BB_Chaos000.zip
(129.97 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

Return to “Technical Forum”