Injury Roll 6+6 = KO? WTF!?!?

Any problem? Here should be the solution!
CyberPope

Re: Injury Roll 6+6 = KO? WTF!?!?

Postby CyberPope » 21 March 2012, 00:55

I thought OT was to the first score, in which case a KO is fine.
It is not that way at all.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 21 March 2012, 01:09

*sigh* How did Cyanide f*&% up overtime?

I know that is carries on from T16 instead of starting a new drive (the only time I played OT I scored in T17), but then it stopped, hence me thinking it was to first score. Isn't it?
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

CyberPope

Postby CyberPope » 21 March 2012, 02:30

No if its tied at turn 16 then it moves on and you play until turn 20... basically adding 4 more turns to the clock.

If its still tied.. 4 more turns are added.. If you score on 17.. you kick off on turn 18... or your oppts turn 17.. depending on the turn cycle... it doesn't just end after a score.

razor1uk

Postby razor1uk » 14 October 2012, 14:09

Over Time (in basic vanilla BBLE game version v2.0.0.1 i think?) is an extra 4 turns, whom ever has the highest score at the end of those 4 OT turns, wins, unless still drawn, then another 4 are added on - effectively each team gets 2 turns to win or equalise.
However in just vanilla Blood Bowl, I think it is the first to score in OT who wins IIRC.
As for KO's depending on the number of stars around the KO'd players head, they don't always wake for their teams next drive or after a TD.

CyberPope

Postby CyberPope » 14 October 2012, 14:23

RIght, I get how overtime is implemented currently.

The problem is that in overtime an injury roll of 6+6 was turned into KO.. which makes me assume all injury rolls are turned into KOs to avoid SPP in overtime.

While players KOed don't always come back.. they can come back.. however injuries should still happen in overtime (though without SPP awarded), and should remain out of the game for the remainder.. however there could still be multiple drives in Overtime meaning KOed players can come back.

Its just a gross example of lazy code.

MILLANDSON

Postby MILLANDSON » 14 October 2012, 14:39

If it's an intended change, which it is, it's not lazy code. It makes overtime potentially closer and tenser, which makes it more interesting in my opinion.

It's just a difference in opinion on what should happen in overtime - nothing to do with code.

Moderators do not represent Focus or Cyanide but do, when moderating, act on their behalf. Moderation posts and PMs will be in this colour.

razor1uk

Postby razor1uk » 14 October 2012, 14:53

I sort of agree the lazy code part in reference to the injuries being demoted to KO's, but not the randomness of a KO'd player waking up - possibly dependant upon strength of hit sustained, armour and their own skill level, age and what injuries are already carried;'if any.

Then again depending on the game engines coding issues, doing it via the demoting method might get around greater bugs and or potential hacking backdoors with supending the SSP function of the Casualty codes only during OT. I thinks this could likely be the yet unspoken reason why that is so..

But after glancing through threads across all 17 tech pages, there isn't much transparency upon the game engines abilities and problems yet - maybe I'm to used to older long running games; like IL2's, where most of the online community and players have a good grasp of the engines limits, be they good or bad points, or can at least ask & recieve an advice from those who do know about them - I'm not meaning to seem disrespectful Mods guys/gals.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 14 October 2012, 19:27

KO is a KO - there are no "levels" of being KO'd. Doesn't matter if you're hit by ST1 or ST9, you still recover on a 4+ (assuming no Babes).
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

razor1uk

Postby razor1uk » 15 October 2012, 01:06

4+ without Bloodwiezers , ah thats it :idea: cheers for iluminating that Darkson 8-)

Return to “Technical Forum”