Blood Bowl 2: Discover Jim & Bob on live on CabalVision TV!

The latest news and announcements for the Blood Bowl video games.
Freki

Blood Bowl 2: Discover Jim & Bob on live on CabalVision TV!

Postby Freki » 06 June 2013, 09:28

Cyanide and Focus Home Interactive are pleased to offer you a first video teaser making official Blood Bowl 2, that has been secretly under development for a year at Cyanide Studio! Blood Bowl 2 is the sequel of Blood Bowl, the video game adaptation of Games Workshop’s boardgame that twists American football with a fantasy universe inspired by Warhammer, all in a bloody and explosive cocktail of turn-based strategy. Discover now the very first video of Blood Bowl 2, which will be presented in much more detail over the coming months!

This short video is an introduction to the famous and legendary duo of fan-favourite commentators: Jim Johnson the Vampire, and Bob Bifford the Ogre ex-star player of Blood Bowl! We have already had the pleasure of listening to their corrosively ironic commentaries during the first Blood Bowl video game’s matches, but fans will be delighted to learn that these two colourful characters will make a noteworthy return in Blood Bowl 2, where they will take a particularly important place!

In Blood Bowl 2, Jim & Bob will be with us, flesh and blood, throughout the game. They will be modelled, and animated in their Cabalvision studio that will be the main interface for the game! The whole game will be presented in a Cabalvision theme – the official Blood Bowl TV! – where Jim & Bob will guide players, comment their decisions and will even interview key star players appearing in the huge campaign mode. Of course, they will also grace us with their wild commentaries during the matches!

BLOOD BOWL
Focus Team

Waldorf

Re: Blood Bowl 2: Discover Jim & Bob on live on CabalVision

Postby Waldorf » 06 June 2013, 10:11

This looks great. I am genuinely excited about the game. But be prepared for a barrage of questions about bugs being fixed, AI being improved and what races are included! I for one have strong opinions on the way DLC could be used for everyone's benefit.
Mahrak Cardinals - Division G.

Dorian Destine

Postby Dorian Destine » 06 June 2013, 10:13

ETA?
Will there be any discount for owners of previous versions?

BB gamers are not here looking for nice graphics, although we all love them, we're looking for the excitement of BB.
We finally got all the official teams, so what we really is the not-so-official ones (slann, chaos all stars...), more customization, and above everything a nice dice roller truly randomized ;)

Managarn

Postby Managarn » 06 June 2013, 10:32

This is great news. Nice that its official, hopefully u guys will give out more details about the actual game. Like fixes, rest of the unnoficial teams, star player, cards, customization option etc. Maybe even a better AI for a nice single player experience who knows XD.

Anyway looking forward to this.

Serialised

Postby Serialised » 06 June 2013, 11:06

One has to ask: why releasing this trailer now? It should stand to reason that bringing out a teaser means one is at least somewhere close to completion of the game, yes? Or is it to keep up the level of positive reactions to BB1 in order to still benefit from it when BB2 comes out in a distant future?

BB2 indeed needs to improve on various fields: the GUI obviously (especially the managing and lobby part, uargh), the grid, it would be nice to actually be able to see anything on any ground and in any stadium, thank you, the league managing, the ease of entry for newbies (I was very much lost when first firing up multiplayer. What, I need to join a league. What?) - and we need better tools for watching replays/watching live.

Here is a truly revolting little idea: include an optional minigame which appears during the enemies turn. By succeeding in it you could affect minor stats like temporarily boosting fan factor or doing a little dance to change the weather.
:mrgreen:
Commentated Bloodbowl with Face: http://www.youtube.com/user/Serialised

MCrispin

Postby MCrispin » 06 June 2013, 11:06

Collectors Edition - All I have to know ... CE Hard Copy CE please - pretty please
Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
-Call of Cthulhu
Coach of Slaanesh Voodoo Dollz

booncabal76

Postby booncabal76 » 06 June 2013, 12:13

Um, riiiiiight.

I want to like this. I really do.

I want to be enthusiastic. Honestly.

But good as that vid is, and it is very good, it doesn't really give us much to go on.

Now is the perfect time to tease us BB losers with, say, a hint of what BB2 may have...

Tickle our chins with your secret knowledge.

Tap us on one shoulder them cheekily step round to the other, you crazy imps.

But whatever you do - give us something to be positive about or,as above, this will turn into a bug-fix demand thread of doom. :(

LunchMoney

Postby LunchMoney » 06 June 2013, 17:20

Freki wrote:.... has been secretly under development for a year at Cyanide Studio!
Not that secret.
So, is anyone in blue going to come back before the year ends and answer the slew of questions?
Will there be actual communication from the dev's or publishers?
Will the bugs, that have been id'd since the very beginning, be fixed?
Will there be actual support from the dev's?
Will the game get all the bits that are missing? eg the star players, special play cards, etc.
Will Slann and Pact appear?
Will a new, completely not BB, team appear?

I'm sure there are more.
Contact lunchmoney@exilesleague.com
Click here to read how to score in one turn, with a MA6 player
Read the actual rule book? If not, get it here and read it before posting questions about rules.
I am a NAF rep. Email me your questions.

Gitsy

Postby Gitsy » 06 June 2013, 18:28

Its great to see a 3-d rendition of Jim and Bob, I love their voices and the animation. Though, not to sound like a broken record, but I am afraid I will have to go with the sentiments of some of the posters here: I am going to reserve judgement till I see the game play. I just hope the core of the game remains the same but for me personally, the make or break question is this:

Goblin team or no Goblin team?

Kjelstad

Postby Kjelstad » 06 June 2013, 18:42

"a first video teaser making official Blood Bowl 2, that has been secretly under development for a year at Cyanide Studio!"

Sweet, when are they going to work on the game?

Return to “News & Announcements”