Blood Bowl 2: Discover Jim & Bob on live on CabalVision TV!

The latest news and announcements for the Blood Bowl video games.
CyberPope

Re: Blood Bowl 2: Discover Jim & Bob on live on CabalVision

Postby CyberPope » 10 September 2013, 14:58

Expectations are low... and even those are likely unobtainable.

Freki

Postby Freki » 10 September 2013, 16:59

Hi,

I understand that you would like to have more info, to see the evolution of the game but we can't show you new images or video for the moment. The game is in development and screenshots/videos would not represent properly what the game will be at the release.

This is the most difficult period : we (publisher, developers and players) have to wait. And it's sometimes difficult to say : "oh you will have new screenshots on XX October".

What I can say for the moment is that Focus is working on a new website and a new forum, optimized for smartphones and touch tablets. We are also speaking with GW and Cyanide concerning a DevBlog. However, I will try to speak with my colleagues to know if we have something to show you :)

The Races should be presented in a news later.
BLOOD BOWL
Focus Team

Vedrenne

Postby Vedrenne » 10 September 2013, 18:28

Freki wrote:Hi,

I understand that you would like to have more info, to see the evolution of the game but we can't show you new images or video for the moment. The game is in development and screenshots/videos would not represent properly what the game will be at the release.

This is the most difficult period : we (publisher, developers and players) have to wait. And it's sometimes difficult to say : "oh you will have new screenshots on XX October".

What I can say for the moment is that Focus is working on a new website and a new forum, optimized for smartphones and touch tablets. We are also speaking with GW and Cyanide concerning a DevBlog. However, I will try to speak with my colleagues to know if we have something to show you :)

The Races should be presented in a news later.

I cry foul on many fronts, but i'll start from the top (I just made a new account, been playing Blood Bowl since the Videogame was launched).

Your reasoning for not giving any information is fairly pathetic, given that other companies have never had this issue and actively show off their games at the earliest opportunity, as a way of bringing up sales and such.

Look at Behaviour Studios, the company working on the new Warhammer 40k MMO. They started work on it only a few months ago and they've already shown pre-alpha video and screenshots. They keep the community up to date every week and go on numerous 40k fansites to get the communities views.

That we're being fobbed off with a "Sorry, but no information because it's not ready yet" just reeks of a lack of confidence by the dev team in the intelligence of the fanbase but also, more importantly, a lack of confidence in their own game (and, dare I say it, their own ability to make a half-decent game).

On a lighter note, I hope they keep the original VA's for Jim and Bob, the new ones sound too nasally.

Kjelstad

Postby Kjelstad » 11 September 2013, 18:44

Izno wrote:I go across the BB2 area of the open space from time to time and I can say it's looking great ;)

Hey there,

You aren't listening then. I would think that the majority of us want it working great. If it looks so great that I have to sit and wait on load times for people with slower computers it really wasn't worth it. We play for the game, not because we want to look at something pretty.

I could care less that you have not told us anything, just listen to us and make it work. I'm sure you have a huge list so I won't rehash any of it. maybe you could post the list and let us vote on what we really think the game should have so you aren't disappointed on launch day when no is is excited about all of your dynamic camera angles.

Izno

Postby Izno » 12 September 2013, 16:51

I should have expressed myself clearer.

When I said "it's looking good", I meant the game in general, not only the graphics, even if they actually are really cool.

Gameplay is and always will be the focus of our Games.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 12 September 2013, 17:22

Izno wrote:Gameplay is and always will be the focus of our Games.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Can tell you've not been with them long! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
plasmoid wrote:And hey, don't knock masturbating. Judging from this thread, it's a reasonably popular pastime.

Return to “News & Announcements”