BLOOD BOWL 2: WATCH THE FIRST MATCH ON VIDEO NOW!

The latest news and announcements for the Blood Bowl video games.
bad_fur_day

Re: BLOOD BOWL 2: WATCH THE FIRST MATCH ON VIDEO NOW!

Postby bad_fur_day » 25 April 2014, 05:04

Awesome. I'm really happy to see Jim and Bob back for round two. It wouldn't be Blood Bowl without them.
Chaos - Grim Reapers. 88 Wins, 7 Draws, 5 Losses against the AI on the way to the Bloodbowl Championship.

bad_fur_day

Postby bad_fur_day » 30 April 2014, 05:30

If the idea is to have as wide a fanbase as possible I would think making it less punishing would help a lot. Like in Blitz Mode making it impossible to get two red skulls in a row = a lot more casual and lot less frustrating for new people.

Even though I like the difficulty as the original boardgame like classic mode. I think it would be a good as an option for more casual people. I don't think realtime gameplay is the way to do it.
Chaos - Grim Reapers. 88 Wins, 7 Draws, 5 Losses against the AI on the way to the Bloodbowl Championship.

Waldorf

Postby Waldorf » 30 April 2014, 07:21

There are public interviews where they have already said there will be no real-time mode. Not your fault for not knowing this, links are rarely posted here to their PR stuff.

Fudging the dice (unless it's a tutorial) would not get my thumbs up though.
Mahrak Cardinals - Division G.

bad_fur_day

Postby bad_fur_day » 30 April 2014, 10:53

Maybe your right. But it's the only thing I can think of to make Bloodbowl more casual friendly really. Dice fudge for beginners.

But hey, the reason I most like Bloodbowl is it's completely fair and uncompromising. Kind of reminds me of Shin Megami Tensei.

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 30 April 2014, 13:20

Fudging the dice could work in something like single player as part of an "Easy Mode" - something like "A Reroll always succeeds" or something like that.

But it shouldn't ever even be an option in multiplayer. Four skulls in a row to prevent you from scoring a TD is part of the game. (And sometimes the only way I can win ;)

Return to “News & Announcements”