BLOOD BOWL 2: WATCH THE FIRST MATCH ON VIDEO NOW!

The latest news and announcements for the Blood Bowl video games.
Proxi Winther Rex

Re: BLOOD BOWL 2: WATCH THE FIRST MATCH ON VIDEO NOW!

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 17 April 2014, 15:43

PS.: :twisted:
Snotling is spelled with an "o"... ;)

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 17 April 2014, 16:26

PS.: :twisted:
Snotling is spelled with an "o"... ;)

I knew I should have spellchecked it!

My Ogre army from Warhammer Battle would be ashamed of its commander :lol:
Focus Team

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 17 April 2014, 19:29

WFB Ogres have Gnoblars. :P
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
plasmoid wrote:And hey, don't knock masturbating. Judging from this thread, it's a reasonably popular pastime.

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 18 April 2014, 08:34

Netheos wrote:First, you need to keep in mind that we read the forums and we report the players' feedbacks but things take time to be implemented. The major part of the development team is dedicated to BloodBowl 2 to adjust and correct all the problems you reported on the first game.

Ok, I have one too: a priest, a rabbi, and a donkey walk into a bar....

Netheos wrote:Bloodbowl 2 is still in a development state and today, the main objective of the marketing campaign is to present the Bloodbowl licence to a massive audience. It's only the first step of the marketing process.

Wait! People on these forums, some with green names, keep telling me that BB is all about a niche audience of fans of the tabletop game and thus any product being rolled out will obviously be aimed at that niche rather than the mass market. I may need you to elaborate on this in smaller, easier words so I can understand it properly.... are you saying that Cyanide and Focus are planning to market this to the general gaming public rather than being niche-focused?

You're blowing my mind, man.... you're blowing my mind!
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 18 April 2014, 12:11

Spreading the word about Bloodbowl is not preventing the game from aiming at satisfying the fans of the tabletop game.

The goal is to reach the biggest audience by releasing a rock solid game which satisfy the hardcore fans. If you enjoy the content of our game, it means that we succeeded in translating the feeling of the tabletop game in the videogame. If Bloodbowl fans enjoy it, it means that it's a pretty solid game for everyone else ;)

A bigger player base means a bigger community. We want to extend the community by offering the best game possible and it involves communicating on a big scale!
Focus Team

Koadah

Postby Koadah » 18 April 2014, 13:42

So Netheos, let's have a straight answer to a straight question.

Will we have the option to play a full version of CRP blood bowl with out all the extra stuff?

Will we have all the stars (eventually) and all the skills working correctly?

Additional question: will there be an option to use alternative skills or rosters e.g. like CRP+?
CaRBB

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 18 April 2014, 15:43

After questioning my colleagues to have some information, I'll try my best to answer!

Will we have the option to play a full version of CRP blood bowl with out all the extra stuff?

What do you mean by "extra stuff"?
If that's stuff like the marketplace, it takes place out of the "game" itself and you can avoid all of them. In the Bloodbowl games themselves, Competition Rules are respected as much as possible.

Will we have all the stars (eventually) and all the skills working correctly?

Some Starplayers will be available at launch and we will add more of them over time.
Concerning the skills, the answer is yes. They have been tested during several months and are still tested on a "no graph/no AI" version of the game by a large group of people: not only developers but also members of the community selected on this forum ;).

Additional question: will there be an option to use alternative skills or rosters e.g. like CRP+?

No, Bloodbowl 2 is a videogame adaptation of the 6th version of the Bloodbowl Rules.
Focus Team

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 18 April 2014, 17:25

Netheos wrote:

What do you mean by "extra stuff"?

The extra stadium rules?
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
plasmoid wrote:And hey, don't knock masturbating. Judging from this thread, it's a reasonably popular pastime.

Koadah

Postby Koadah » 18 April 2014, 22:19

Netheos wrote:What do you mean by "extra stuff"?
If that's stuff like the marketplace, it takes place out of the "game" itself and you can avoid all of them. In the Bloodbowl games themselves,

Great. The old fogies will like that.

Netheos wrote:Competition Rules are respected as much as possible.

Hmm...

I suppose you have to be realistic about these things.

Netheos wrote:Some Starplayers will be available at launch and we will add more of them over time.

They are meant to help balance the game so a team should have all it's stars.

Netheos wrote:Concerning the skills, the answer is yes. They have been tested during several months and are still tested on a "no graph/no AI" version of the game by a large group of people: not only developers but also members of the community selected on this forum ;).

OK. We'll see when the time comes.

Netheos wrote:No, Bloodbowl 2 is a videogame adaptation of the 6th version of the Bloodbowl Rules.

it was a long shot. But those other guys are doing it. :twisted:

Well, thanks Netheos. We won't burn you tonight.

But we'll be keeping an eye on ya. ;)
CaRBB

Marni

Postby Marni » 25 April 2014, 00:42

Thanks for the video, I am pretty happy about this game so far.

Keep up the good work guys.
Taste My Bad Karma.

Return to “News & Announcements”