BLOOD BOWL 2: WATCH THE FIRST MATCH ON VIDEO NOW!

The latest news and announcements for the Blood Bowl video games.
Freki

BLOOD BOWL 2: WATCH THE FIRST MATCH ON VIDEO NOW!

Postby Freki » 15 April 2014, 09:18

Orcs and Humans compete in the very first match of Blood Bowl 2!

The commentary is provided by the double act and undisputed kings of the mic, Jim Johnson and Bob Bifford, and this first Blood Bowl 2 video sees two iconic Blood Bowl teams enter the pitch; the Humans of the Reikland Reavers and the orcs of Gouged Eye will kick the next season off that promises to be sensational! This video highlights the impressive and scalable stadiums in Blood Bowl 2, previously only seen in screenshots, and now showcases the meticulous team modelling and animations along with the dynamic cameras that will pack more punch to the matches.

Blood Bowl 2 is even more ambitious than its predecessor in all aspects of the game, with numerous extra features and the highest production values. Its brand new graphic engine has been specifically developed for this sequel and displays the game's high-quality visuals and superb graphics and sound effects that raise the license to the next level. The animations, the dynamic cameras enhancing the brutal atmosphere of the matches, the "Cabalvision" identity and the commentator duo of Jim Johnson and Bob Bifford faithfully convey the thrills and fury so typical of the intense clashes in Blood Bowl.

Blood Bowl 2 includes a host of new features in both Solo and Multiplayer mode that also make the game more accessible. The ambitious Solo campaign puts players in charge of one the most famous teams in the world of Blood Bowl to compete in some unconventional and truly unique matches to take their team to the top, while "League" mode allows you to manage your own team, club and even stadium! Finally, the game achieves a greater tactical depth in Multiplayer mode with fabulous innovations that we will release very soon and which guarantee to drive the players wild!

We look forward to revealing more of Blood Bowl 2 with additional game screenshots and videos over the coming months!
BLOOD BOWL
Focus Team

Kjelstad

Re: BLOOD BOWL 2: WATCH THE FIRST MATCH ON VIDEO NOW!

Postby Kjelstad » 16 April 2014, 01:04

I'm sure the skeptics out here would like to see actual game play.

Waldorf

Postby Waldorf » 16 April 2014, 08:09

Is *any* of that in-game footage, or is it all pre-rendered video?
Mahrak Cardinals - Division G.

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 16 April 2014, 08:16

It sure does look pretty.

When you say "First Match", do you mean that this is an actual match shown in some kind of highlight or replay mode? Or a promo video like we have from the original game and Dark Elf editions?

(I ask because a "generate highlight video" feature would rock ...)

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 16 April 2014, 16:45

Any chance you'll bother answering any of the questions that have been asked about BB2?
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

BloodSkull

Postby BloodSkull » 16 April 2014, 22:21

Any chance you'll bother answering any of the questions that have been asked about BB2?
The answer would be No, but if they did it would be as misleading as this thread, :roll:

Thsin

Postby Thsin » 17 April 2014, 09:29

Not sure if it's reliable or not, but the official facebook page has a link to the video. There was a comment asking for gameplay and not pre-rendered stuff which got replied to, saying that "this is not pre rendered stuff !" and that,
"All sequences of this trailer have been shot in real time from within the game. We will release several videos until the release of Blood Bowl 2, and among them gameplay videos are planned!"

So maybe this was taken from spectator mode? Anyway hopefully the gameplay videos will come soon.

Thsin

Waldorf

Postby Waldorf » 17 April 2014, 09:57

That would be great.

Shame no-one comes on to the official forums to answer the same question.

I can imagine the conversation...

"Hey, let's release that cool new video of gameplay footage!"
"Done. It's on Facebook and Twitter."
"Er, don't forget the forums."
"No please, don't make me go there."
"We kinda have to."
"OK, I logged on briefly and posted the link. I don't think anyone saw me."
"What are they saying about it?"
"Look, I posted the damn link, don't make me actually talk to them."

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 17 April 2014, 13:51

"Hey, let's release that cool new video of gameplay footage!"
"Done. It's on Facebook and Twitter."
"Er, don't forget the forums."
"No please, don't make me go there."
"We kinda have to."
"OK, I logged on briefly and posted the link. I don't think anyone saw me."
"What are they saying about it?"
"Look, I posted the damn link, don't make me actually talk to them."
Good one, I'll try to answer some questions without being smashed as a snutling!

First, you need to keep in mind that we read the forums and we report the players' feedbacks but things take time to be implemented. The major part of the development team is dedicated to BloodBowl 2 to adjust and correct all the problems you reported on the first game.

About the video, what you can see is highlights of actual in-game footage. Yes, it's edited to create an entertaining video, but the footages are genereted by the in-game engine.

Bloodbowl 2 is still in a development state and today, the main objective of the marketing campaign is to present the Bloodbowl licence to a massive audience. It's only the first step of the marketing process.

All of you already know about the Bloodbowl licence and you have specific expectations for our next game. That's awesome for us to have a fanbase able to give us feedback on the game and Freki and I are doing our best to push the creation of a more detailed gameplay footages to convince the Bloodbowl experts you are!

But you have to keep in mind that we're not alone (sadly maybe :P) in the company and the content of the videos released in determined by numerous other factors.
Focus Team

Waldorf

Postby Waldorf » 17 April 2014, 13:59

That's brilliant.

Thank you.

All we wanted was an answer!

It looks amazing, which is why everyone was saying pre-rendered.

Specifically, there are some effects on there like the camera jiggle which you often get in pre-rendered video but rarely in in-game replay mode.

What this tells me is that the in-game engine has got some outstanding attention to detail and the the game is very much something to get excited about.

But we couldn't *get* excited about it until some questions were answered.

So thank you again.

Good job!

Return to “News & Announcements”