BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLETS!

The latest news and announcements for the Blood Bowl video games.
kenkenny

Re: BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLE

Postby kenkenny » 14 July 2014, 20:35

We are at the end of the 14th of July, it would be great to have news about the release of bloodbowl tablet, since it was supposed to be released in the begining of this month.
Sorry if that sound agressive, I'm french :)

Vern_S

Postby Vern_S » 14 July 2014, 22:03

We are at the end of the 14th of July, it would be great to have news about the release of bloodbowl tablet, since it was supposed to be released in the begining of this month.
Sorry if that sound agressive, I'm french :)

Well they Tweeted this a few hours ago
[From Paris with Games] Get 75% off Blood Bowl on Steam! The offer ends on July 16, so hurry! No holds barred!
Here is the Steam Link

Sounds like a Tablet Pre-Release sale of the PC version. Maybe the Tablet version release is on the 17th which is Thursday and most major iOS releases are on Thursday.

kenkenny

Postby kenkenny » 15 July 2014, 00:09

Thank's for the quick answer. :)

Vern_S

Postby Vern_S » 15 July 2014, 02:47

Thank's for the quick answer. :)
Just an educated guess. We will see!! ;)

pmm_fin

Postby pmm_fin » 15 July 2014, 08:41

Already got. Warhammer Quest, Talisman and Space Hulk on iOS, this is the one I have been waiting for though.
Are they Games Workshop produced or who released them? I see there is none of them for Android which is too bad. I really would love to see Space Hulk and others on my tablet too.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 15 July 2014, 09:40

There's a one-player Talisman out for Android, but it seems the developer dropped the (planned later) multi-player Android version. http://www.talisman-game.com/
Quest is Apple only, despite the number of requests the developer. http://rodeogames.co.uk/warhammer-quest/
No idea on Space Hulk.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Freki

Postby Freki » 15 July 2014, 13:12

Hi,

Let me check with my coworkers if we have some news concerning the release date.
BLOOD BOWL
Focus Team

Vern_S

Postby Vern_S » 15 July 2014, 14:12

Hi,

Let me check with my coworkers if we have some news concerning the release date.
Thank you for checking!!! :)

Vern_S

Postby Vern_S » 15 July 2014, 14:51

Already got. Warhammer Quest, Talisman and Space Hulk on iOS, this is the one I have been waiting for though.
Are they Games Workshop produced or who released them? I see there is none of them for Android which is too bad. I really would love to see Space Hulk and others on my tablet too.

Here is a link to all of the Digital versions of Games Workshop IP. The only games that I know of not listed here is Talisman, which should be listed under "other" and , oddly enough, the iOS and Android version of Blood Bowl.

As you will see by this list the vast majority of developers/publishers in the past were big AAA entities such as Electronic Arts, SSI, THQ, etc. When THQ took a nose dive in 2012 and went into bankruptcy the video game rights to the Warhammer 40,000 series were sold to Sega in the liquidation. From there, If I remember correctly, GW worked hard at getting all of the digital rights to their IP back in house and away from the "Big Dog's".

From 2013 on you will see GW parsing out digital development of their IP to smaller studios and publishers where they maintain much more control over their products. This is a very good move in my opinion.

Cheers!!!

Edit: Just added Talisman and Blood Bowl Mobile to the Wiki lists.... :)
Last edited by Vern_S on 15 July 2014, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

Bio9

Postby Bio9 » 15 July 2014, 15:13

I've been checking the App Store three times day since the announcement. I have macs not windows so I've been missing out....but with an ios version? Woohoo!

My fear is that like most developers they were too optimistic. apples approval can take time. So assuming it was submitted on the first of July it should be out any day.

Still.....so excited.

Return to “News & Announcements”