BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLETS!

The latest news and announcements for the Blood Bowl video games.
User avatar
VoodooMike
Posts: 1595
Joined: 14 July 2009, 07:44
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Contact:

Re: BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLE

Postby VoodooMike » 26 July 2014, 23:21

Gallows Bait wrote:Quite frankly with no one left that knows the pc version client code I'm surprised there even is a version coming to any format built on the premise of linking to the same core game server.

Since the game is played P2P, the server connection is hardly an issue, especially since the current server software was developed in-house (they moved away from the leased stuff BB originally ran on). The match-level client communication, however, is still the same, and is based on the system used on those originally leased servers... but hey, they didn't write that in the first place, another company did, so they'd still have all the original documentation for those libraries.

I'm still skeptical about P2P matches on mobile devices, myself. While its no doubt possible to do, I have a hard time imagining that many mobile internet providers are oblivious to the dangers of allowing the internet to send unsolicited data to mobile devices on their network, and as such would likely have their routing systems set up in a far more restrictive manner than home broadband.

If not for the fact that the match communication's (bad) system is so integral to how the game works, I'd assume they were replacing it with something that allowed for more reasonable server-based match communication rather than P2P. Replacing the old system with a better one, however, would absolutely require a lot of reworking of the game's internals, and as you say, there's nobody left from the original team that I know of.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

pmm_fin
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 June 2009, 14:44

Re: BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLE

Postby pmm_fin » 27 July 2014, 06:47

LunchMoney wrote:
Bio9 wrote:Freaking Mac is having trouble installing windows. :evil:

Get a real PC ;) :lol:


#note smiley to indicate a humourous comment not intended to start a pc vs mac war.


Some reasonably priced Apple hardware with the ever lovable Windows OS? Best of the both worlds! :D

User avatar
VoodooMike
Posts: 1595
Joined: 14 July 2009, 07:44
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Contact:

Re: BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLE

Postby VoodooMike » 27 July 2014, 07:26

pmm_fin wrote:Some reasonably priced Apple hardware with the ever lovable Windows OS? Best of the both worlds! :D

Then you'd just be overpaying for a normal PC in a goofy case. Apple doesn't make the core hardware in Macs - they haven't for years. They switched to using the same core stuff (processors, graphics cards, etc) that all other desktops and laptops use. The difference IS the operating system.

So... in a way, I agree! The best of both worlds is to just use a windows machine ;)
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

TheStatutoryApe
Posts: 12
Joined: 11 July 2014, 21:14

Re: BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLE

Postby TheStatutoryApe » 28 July 2014, 04:11

So apparently my friend just wiped osx and dual booted windows and Linux. He says though that he later found a utility called "boot camp" that should assist with a Mac/Windows dual boot.

Bio9
Posts: 23
Joined: 15 July 2014, 15:09

Re: BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLE

Postby Bio9 » 28 July 2014, 13:07

TheStatutoryApe wrote:So apparently my friend just wiped osx and dual booted windows and Linux. He says though that he later found a utility called "boot camp" that should assist with a Mac/Windows dual boot.



Boot camp is part of OSX. It isn't really all that much of a help. While I like my mac a lot sometimes the software can be a bit too much because there is very little you can do with it. if it doesn't work all you can do is rinse, repeat until it does. And even then that's not much of a help.

Thanks though. Right now I am considering wine. both literally and the software.

Shadlord
Posts: 1
Joined: 29 July 2014, 12:11

Re: BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLE

Postby Shadlord » 29 July 2014, 12:19

Starting to be a joke this.
Would be nice to get some kind of update.
Even if it would be more of the same:" we are blaming the wait on someone else..."

To be honest, you (Cyanide) put an early July release news bulletin.
alas you created (or as any marketing person would say:awoke) buying behaviour in customers.

By not delivering on that commitment and not communicating periodically to customers on whats going on, you'll never grow outside your loyal but (dishearted customers).

Shame but it is not the first time and your first game this happend to.
Guess it is in the companys DNA to not understand or care.

TheStatutoryApe
Posts: 12
Joined: 11 July 2014, 21:14

Re: BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLE

Postby TheStatutoryApe » 29 July 2014, 20:26

Unfortunately this seems pretty standard with mobile games. It seems just about every game I have seen a launch estimate on was wrong and sometimes just never came out (particularly the android ports).

Blizzard set their launch for the android version of Hearthstone for "second half of the year" a target so wide they'd have a hard time missing it. In the mean time they're adding more content for the game before it's even launched on all platforms.

User avatar
LunchMoney
Posts: 358
Joined: 23 July 2009, 17:50
Contact:

Re: BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLE

Postby LunchMoney » 30 July 2014, 07:23

TheStatutoryApe wrote:Unfortunately this seems pretty standard with Cyanide/Focus.

Fixed that for you.
Contact lunchmoney@exilesleague.com
Image
Click here to read how to score in one turn, with a MA6 player
Image
Read the actual rule book? If not, get it here and read it before posting questions about rules.
I am a NAF rep. Email me your questions.

pmm_fin
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 June 2009, 14:44

Re: BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLE

Postby pmm_fin » 30 July 2014, 07:39

So, did this just get cancelled? :cry:

User avatar
Freki
Posts: 260
Joined: 27 February 2012, 16:28

Re: BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLE

Postby Freki » 30 July 2014, 10:04

Hey,

We apologize for the delay. It was quite difficult to get the release date from Apple, but Blood Bowl is arriving tomorrow on iPad and Android tablets!
BLOOD BOWL
Focus Team


Return to “News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest