BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLETS!

The latest news and announcements for the Blood Bowl video games.
spinal2k

Re: BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLE

Postby spinal2k » 31 July 2014, 09:29

Cool - can you confirm that the game is cross-platform compatible? It may be something that someone who already has CE has to do - try to find their own team among the league listings on the tablet version.
On the tablet, I logged in on the multiplayer lobby with the username and password i use on the PC version and i saw my teams. Unfortunately i play Orcs and Chaos (both available on the tablet version) and, i don't know what happens if i create an undead or chaos dwarf team on PC (teams not available on the tablet) .

Will i see them on the tablet? probably not.

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 31 July 2014, 10:00

On the tablet, I logged in on the multiplayer lobby with the username and password i use on the PC version and i saw my teams. Unfortunately i play Orcs and Chaos (both available on the tablet version) and, i don't know what happens if i create an undead or chaos dwarf team on PC (teams not available on the tablet) .
You have no idea how interesting this statement is. You're saying you logged into BB using your PC account, on your tablet, and it worked just fine, giving you access to your existing teams. Here's a followup question: did you pay for the Chaos team on the tablet edition before you logged in and saw your chaos team as an available option?
Will i see them on the tablet? probably not.
I wouldn't be so sure.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

spinal2k

Postby spinal2k » 31 July 2014, 10:21

On PC i have the first version, the legendary edition and the chaos edition ( i never got the dark elves edition ).
Yes, i paid for chaos team... should have tried before i paid. :(

The other question i asked earlier, if there are no models for undead or chaos dwarf in the tablet edition, how would i see them?

Mekelan

Postby Mekelan » 31 July 2014, 11:22

Interesting! Purchased for my tablet, though it'll probably be a week or so before I get in a Wifi zone to download it. Does anyone know how big of a download it is? (Pesky 3rd-world internet and their pay-per-MB pricing structure!).
Why can´t you leave him thinking i am really a crack-whore who plays "My Little Pony - the runaway rainbow"

deanup

Postby deanup » 31 July 2014, 13:25

I think it is 319MB

Bio9

Postby Bio9 » 31 July 2014, 14:55

Seeing your previous purchases/teams is probably where I would blame Apple.

In the past they have taken a dim view at a "buy once" approach. Sure as long as it's all within iOS (iPad/iphone) apps but crossing platforms that way they don't exactly like. Of course there are quite likely exceptions. Just throwing it out there.

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 31 July 2014, 23:04

The other question i asked earlier, if there are no models for undead or chaos dwarf in the tablet edition, how would i see them?
In order to make the game cross-platform compatible you necessarily have the models for ALL the teams that exist in Chaos Edition. That they only offer 4 teams to purchase beyond the first two is nothing more than artificial scarcity - they could offer all of them today, but it benefits them to release them in small chunks instead of all at once, as doing so drives higher sales for teams that would otherwise sell poorly.
Seeing your previous purchases/teams is probably where I would blame Apple.
It's where I'd "blame" the fact that the tablet version is a direct-as-they-could-manage port of the PC game, using the same code, models, and communication system... and using the same servers for multiplayer matchmaking. I'd also say they simply forgot to put in a restriction on the server to disallow the two versions (PC or tablet) from logging in using the same accounts - something they'll likely rectify in future, because it shows that there is a major flaw in their sales model at the moment.

Of course, when they put in that restriction, it'll be based on voluntary client-side self-identification, just as your access to all the teams in CE is based on voluntary client-side restrictions.. dot dot dot...
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

TheStatutoryApe

Postby TheStatutoryApe » 01 August 2014, 02:52

I'm pretty sure I read in one of the articles that tablet players would only be capable of playing with, and against, the teams that are available to the platform. So you shouldn't be able to play against someone playing undead or khorne or what have you.

I bought the android version and have CE on my laptop but I'll have to wait til the weekend to play around with them and confirm anything.

Has anyone looked into the multiplayer options enough to see if you can challenge specific players online? My friend also purchased the android version so we can play each other on our own tablets but when I skimmed the options I didn't see one for a friendly match. I still need to set up a team though.

TheStatutoryApe

Postby TheStatutoryApe » 01 August 2014, 03:07

Also...

The DLC is 2.99 US per team, for those wondering.

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 01 August 2014, 03:55

I'm pretty sure I read in one of the articles that tablet players would only be capable of playing with, and against, the teams that are available to the platform. So you shouldn't be able to play against someone playing undead or khorne or what have you.
That... wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. How would you ever have end of season tournaments? How could you run leagues? What would the point of having the game be cross-platform if, at release, you can't even play against the majority of the teams on any other platform? I just can't imagine that's the case.

On the other hand, if it is true, a lot of people will enjoy just not buying the Dwarf team...

Return to “News & Announcements”