BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLETS!

The latest news and announcements for the Blood Bowl video games.
Bio9

Re: BLOOD BOWL ENTERS THE PITCH... ON IPAD AND ANDROID TABLE

Postby Bio9 » 23 July 2014, 13:12

Well I respectfully disagree that having a simultaneous release is better, on the off-chance that a few people would be unhappy that their platform of choice is a bit behind - that's the price of a (supposedly) safe eco-system IMO. That's assuming that the Android version is ready, but if they're only waiting for store-approval then it probably is. In my experience, Play-Store validation takes <24 hours, while Apple takes their sweet time, usually a couple of weeks.

Still, I agree it beats the usual MO of developing for iOS first then half-assedly for Android months later, so I'll try to keep that in mind, even if Blood Bowl on my tablet would come in very handy just about now (ideally 2 weeks ago when they said they'd release :P).
While getting into the which OS is better it is the price iOS user pay for a safe environment. Still the whole mess could have been avoided with proper planning. If we want to blame Apple it should be pointed out that plenty of iOS games have released updates and new titles on time in the last couple weeks. This is mainly because "action passed is not action complete", those titles waited until the approval was done and the release was in their hands. THEN they could announce, have the hype the want, then the release.

I have speculated as to why this occurred here, and those are valid reasons they happen all the time. Lesson learned here is not to announce something until you know it's ready.

Mekelan

Postby Mekelan » 24 July 2014, 06:03

While getting into the which OS is better it is the price iOS user pay for a safe environment. Still the whole mess could have been avoided with proper planning. If we want to blame Apple it should be pointed out that plenty of iOS games have released updates and new titles on time in the last couple weeks. This is mainly because "action passed is not action complete", those titles waited until the approval was done and the release was in their hands. THEN they could announce, have the hype the want, then the release.

I have speculated as to why this occurred here, and those are valid reasons they happen all the time. Lesson learned here is not to announce something until you know it's ready.
I agree. I'm not particularly blaming Apple for this, everybody knows their approval procedures can be a little draconian, and that it's almost always something that takes time. Publishers should plan accordingly, or as you say delay their announcement until they have approval. I'm just saying that delaying the Android release for the iOS version's approval, if that's indeed what's going on, doesn't make much sense to me. But then we don't actually know that, it's just an (educated) guess.
Why can´t you leave him thinking i am really a crack-whore who plays "My Little Pony - the runaway rainbow"

pmm_fin

Postby pmm_fin » 24 July 2014, 07:20

If I was cynical (which I of course am not), I'd be getting scared that the the less optimized, side thought version is being delayed until the main platform release is out and the better first impression achieved. It's almost like getting a PC version of a praised console game in the back days when I still thought some of them would not suck ;)

Bio9

Postby Bio9 » 24 July 2014, 11:44

I'm just saying that delaying the Android release for the iOS version's approval, if that's indeed what's going on, doesn't make much sense to me. But then we don't actually know that, it's just an (educated) guess.

Sense or not it's what a lot of developers do. I've had a Kickstarter iOS app I backed...and it was advertised as an iOS ONLY app, later put Android as a stretch goal due to popularity BUT they upfront said it would be a later release....

well...for some reason they back burnered the iOS app and push Android out much earlier. Didn't make sense, but I am sure in their universe it did, but they did it without reason or explanation. This quote from David Brin, is how I view a lot of things with the Internet and primarily anything developed through or from it; while not wholly on topic it is somewhat appropriate.
Whenever a confliet arises between privacy and accountability, people demand the former for themselves and the latter for everybody else.
Blood bowl has enjoyed a very supportive fan base who has pretty shouldered the game for so long that a new player to the hobby, without the fans input or considerations taken deadly serious, is going to face an uphill battle. The fans are going to demand accountability...it is THIER beloved hobby after all. Whether this is fact, fiction, a minority...whatever. The point is accountability is demanded, which brings us to this SNAFU.

You can say you are "waiting" but that doesn't mean anything. sometimes waiting is just waiting and if it is bad news....well...it doesn't get better with time.

Bullwey

Postby Bullwey » 24 July 2014, 12:44

Wehre can i Download the App for iPad.

Bio9

Postby Bio9 » 24 July 2014, 13:43

Wehre can i Download the App for iPad.
That is a very good question

Vern_S

Postby Vern_S » 24 July 2014, 14:02

I agree. I'm not particularly blaming Apple for this, everybody knows their approval procedures can be a little draconian, and that it's almost always something that takes time.
Just a little article on how F***ked up Apple can get...

"Apple rejects WWII game for depicting Russians and Germans as enemies"

:o

This post has an update to it.

Vern_S

Postby Vern_S » 24 July 2014, 14:12

Now take into consideration that in Blood Bowl, even the name is suspect, you can actually pummel a player to death. What if the same pansy ass reviewer with a Rodney King complex that initially rejected the game posted above is the idiot at Apple doing the review. Then getting the app to a supervisor who has a clue could take some time.

Just Sayin....

Bio9

Postby Bio9 » 25 July 2014, 03:13

Yeah cuz Google never makes mistakes.

In any event I'm sure if something ridiculous like that is happening it would be announced by Cyanide. My money is on an error they have to fix....the abject silence speaks volumes to me.

LunchMoney

Postby LunchMoney » 25 July 2014, 06:10

....it would be announced by Cyanide.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Contact lunchmoney@exilesleague.com
Click here to read how to score in one turn, with a MA6 player
Read the actual rule book? If not, get it here and read it before posting questions about rules.
I am a NAF rep. Email me your questions.

Return to “News & Announcements”