DLC pricing: is BB worth $91.00

The latest news and announcements for the Blood Bowl video games.
Willburforce

DLC pricing: is BB worth $91.00

Postby Willburforce » 02 October 2015, 02:27

So the game I love has finally come back better than ever. The only thing I didn't like about the old game was the limited match making capability and they nailed that to the wall this time around.

I never played warhammer, I never played the board game, but when I found this on PC I absolutely fell in love with it.

I am a conscientious gamer though. I do not buy games from companies that price gouge with needless DLC.

Why charge so much per team? Don't you want to make this experience available to as many people as possible?

You're telling me that if I want to experience the full title of this game I have to pay $91.00!?

Why should we be expected to pay this much for the full game? Is it actually justified by the expenses incurred by production or are we being squeezed? What are you thoughts? BB team, very interested to hear from you. :(

Willburforce

Re: DLC pricing: is BB worth $91.00?

Postby Willburforce » 02 October 2015, 02:28

Willburforce wrote:So the game I love has finally come back better than ever. The only thing I didn't like about the old game was the limited match making capability and they nailed that to the wall this time around.

I never played warhammer, I never played the board game, but when I found this on PC I absolutely fell in love with it.

I am a conscientious gamer though. I do not buy games from companies that price gouge with needless DLC.

Why charge so much per team? Don't you want to make this experience available to as many people as possible?

You're telling me that if I want to experience the full title of this game I have to pay $91.00!?

Why should we be expected to pay this much for the full game? Is it actually justified by the expenses incurred by production or are we being squeezed? What are you thoughts? BB team, very interested to hear from you. :(

A5tro

Re: DLC pricing: is BB worth $91.00

Postby A5tro » 02 October 2015, 05:36

I'm not sure what it costs to code, model, animate and integrate a new team into the game. I imagine it would take a fair bit of work but no idea on the actual labor/production costs.

At least DLC is optional, you can enjoy the game without it. Personally I don't mind paying for additional game content and the more money the devs make on the game and DLC the more likely we will get more DLC to choose from and more patching/support, as long as its not extortion and the game is balanced and fair without DLC.

We are in a capitalist world, getting more stuff usually costs more money :(

Totally disagree with paying full price for unfinished products though - they have some work to do in this respect - no upgradable armours or pass block (to name just 2)...wtf...

Willburforce

Postby Willburforce » 02 October 2015, 22:47

A5tro wrote:I'm not sure what it costs to code, model, animate and integrate a new team into the game. I imagine it would take a fair bit of work but no idea on the actual labor/production costs.

At least DLC is optional, you can enjoy the game without it. Personally I don't mind paying for additional game content and the more money the devs make on the game and DLC the more likely we will get more DLC to choose from and more patching/support, as long as its not extortion and the game is balanced and fair without DLC.

We are in a capitalist world, getting more stuff usually costs more money :(

Totally disagree with paying full price for unfinished products though - they have some work to do in this respect - no upgradable armours or pass block (to name just 2)...wtf...

Yea I totally agree. Capitialism is king but this is a very treacherous road to go down. If you make a great game and the DLC is optional then how do you incentivise people to buy it? It either has to have a certain inherant appeal (i.e. be cool enough that people want) or it gives you something that you don't have access to already. I do not want BB to turn into a pay to win game where the DLC races are OP. Have they released stats or skills for upcoming teams? Every time they do I will be mixed with excitement/fear :?

I agree with the complete game concept as well. I know for a fact that they are listening to the fans. They moved the "End Turn" button pretty fast during beta because it was really easy to accidentally click. They are working on the game that's for sure.

I just really enjoyed playing competitions with all of the races. Guess I'll just be going back to the original for them. I may buy one or two but lets get real. This game is not worth 91.00.

Maybe let us buy them with our coach points? Like LoL.

Dasboze

Postby Dasboze » 02 October 2015, 23:38

its less then if you wanted the same experience by buying the board game. Way i look at it.

Return to “News & Announcements”