The Undead DLC is coming!

The latest news and announcements for the Blood Bowl video games.
TheSpydyr

Re: The Undead DLC is coming!

Postby TheSpydyr » 05 July 2016, 01:54

Though the mummies are a bit thin for ST5
What they lack in girth, they compensate with height - they are very tall, the tallest of all the Big Guys so far (possibly the Treeman is on par with them).
Ah OK, that's actually pretty cool!

So, here's what I wrote in another spot after playing them a few games.

"After playing through my first run with them in a local game, here are my thoughts.

I absolutely love the models for all of the players. I will list specifics below.

Mummy - I love that they are really tall and skinny (which in turn makes me think that I will love the Tomb Guardians once you guys get them done). Although I do think their 'thinness' is a little too much (they should be thicker). Their movement is great, but their hitting animation is a little wonky. Still not bad, just a little weird. I love how they have the scarab flying around them while on the pitch. The head choices are good. I've yet to see their fouling and TD animations. I loved the Kick off with the Mummy. He smashed the ball against his skull...that is sweet.

Wight - Like everything about this model. Movements are good and hitting animations are great. The head choices are good. I've yet to see their fouling animation. The TD animation was pretty good though.

Ghoul - These guys are good too and I like where you went with them. I actually don't mind the smaller size. They could be a tad bit bigger, but their smaller size is good IMO. The movement is good and quick, which suits them well and their hitting animations are good. I like the summersault hit. It suits them much better than it does the Chaos Warriors. The head choices are good. I've yet to see their fouling and TD animations.

Zombie - The models are great. I love their shaking and rocking back and forth and their shambling movement on the pitch is fantastic. I also like that they are more humanoid zombies with not a ton of heavy decay. Their hitting animations are decent. The fouling animation is pretty cool too. The head choices are nice and I like them. I've yet to see their TD animations.

Skeleton - The models here are fantastic. I love heads 2, 3, & 4. Although I don't know how visually and thematically thick skull would work with head 4, since half of his skull is missing! HAHAHA I like that their movement is faster than the mummy and zombies. It should be since they are just bones. Their hitting animations are decent. And I love the fouling animations. That is what I'd expect to see from a skellie when fouling. I've yet to see their TD animations.

I got to see regen fail one time...but never saw it succeed. Not sure if there's a different animation for that yet. and I haven't seen the Necromancer work yet either. I plan to next test scoring with the other pieces that I haven't scored with yet. And fouling the same. Will update when I complete that testing.

So far so good and no issues that I can tell.

As for Star Players, I played with all 3 in different matches. I didn't see the visual bug with Luthor that Sid was seeing and I am running a GeForce 970 with graphics cranked as high as they can go. The Ghoul ST worked fine and with no issues. Ramtut worked great as well. All 3 SP's looked good for the model, with the exception being the thinness (or lack of thickness) in Ramtut. Maybe I just got to used to a bigger model from BB1, but I felt like he was too skinny. Other than that, I thought he looked great."
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

Wyrdboy

Postby Wyrdboy » 05 July 2016, 06:58

Sounds awesome! So you guys do get to test it early.

And when can an ordinary peasant like me get the password for the beta branch? It's already "next week". :D

dragonwolf

Postby dragonwolf » 05 July 2016, 09:16

And when can an ordinary peasant like me get the password for the beta branch? It's already "next week". :D
We are all Brets

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 07 July 2016, 08:24

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7768
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Mercy Flush

Postby Mercy Flush » 18 July 2016, 14:01

Sooo, when's the actual release scheduled for now Netheos? Should we be thinking this week or next week? :D

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 18 July 2016, 14:27

Sooo, when's the actual release scheduled for now Netheos? Should we be thinking this week or next week? :D
I can't tell you more than "late July".

It probably won't be this week though. And I belive there are exactly 2 weeks left in July ;)
Focus Team

Return to “News & Announcements”