The Undead DLC is coming!

The latest news and announcements for the Blood Bowl video games.
Netheos
Administrateur

The Undead DLC is coming!

Postby Netheos » 01 July 2016, 10:52

Meet the upcoming Undead team and their deadly players, all included in the Undead DLC available late July for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC/Mac.

We remind you that PC/Mac Steam players of Blood Bowl 2 can still benefit from the FOUNDERS INCENTIVE: Players will receive the Undead, as well as the Necromantic and the Nurgle teams for free, as long as they purchased the game before the races release.

Also, Blood Bowl 2 is currently 60% off on Steam until July 4th. This is a perfect opportunity to get the game at an attractive price, and receive the coming races for free as soon as they are available.

Last but not least, all the PC/Mac owners of Blood Bowl 2 will have access to a Beta next week featuring the upcoming Undead and several updates and improvements.

The Undead Team

Death comes often for Blood Bowl players, and the souls of the most passionate sometimes rise up again to relive the scenes of their former glory. The Undead team, raised by the Liche-lords of the Old World, have the unique skill “Regenerate” which makes them incredibly difficult to kill. They have incredibly agile pieces, the Ghouls and the Wights, but they are often too fast for their shambling, but fearsome, Mummy players to keep up.

Finally, two Star Players are joining the Undead: Ramtut III is a mighty and powerful mummy who has spent countless years on the pitch. Morg n’ Thorg, someone who has faced Ramtut on the pitch and lived, happens to be his sworn nemesis. Count Luthor Von Drakenborg the vampire carries impressive stats and the Hypnotic Gaze ability, and is one of our most fearsome Star Players yet!

Soon to come, the Necromantic and the Nurgle! Stay tuned, sports fans!

Focus Team

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Re: The Undead DLC is coming!

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 01 July 2016, 10:55

Good! Love the look on the skellies and mummies too (though the mummies are a bit thin for ST5?) You might want to edit the bit above about the "founder's initiative" to reflect that it's for PC and Mac only. With the current wording, a console coach might think they would benefit from this as well.
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Sid The Coach

Postby Sid The Coach » 01 July 2016, 11:19

twitch/the_sage_bb wrote: Though the mummies are a bit thin for ST5

What they lack in girth, they compensate with height - they are very tall, the tallest of all the Big Guys so far (possibly the Treeman is on par with them).

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 01 July 2016, 11:41

Sid The Coach wrote:
twitch/the_sage_bb wrote: Though the mummies are a bit thin for ST5

What they lack in girth, they compensate with height - they are very tall, the tallest of all the Big Guys so far (possibly the Treeman is on par with them).

Ah OK, that's actually pretty cool!
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Wyrdboy

Postby Wyrdboy » 02 July 2016, 02:31

Sid The Coach wrote:What they lack in girth, they compensate with height - they are very tall, the tallest of all the Big Guys so far (possibly the Treeman is on par with them).

Hey Sid, you aren't beta testing this already are you? :P

They all look great and have character to them, looking forward to playing them.

Now if Necro is next, pretty please don't just copy-paste the undead players. :oops:

dragonwolf

Postby dragonwolf » 04 July 2016, 12:48

Wyrdboy wrote:They all look great and have character to them, looking forward to playing them.

Now if Necro is next, pretty please don't just copy-paste the undead players. :oops:

I doubt they will . I suspect if they chose undead and necro is to relase 2 teams in a very short window . The previous version had the same team base with zombis, ghouls and wight. I doubt they would waste valuabe ressources to design exactly the same characters while they can focus earlier on the nurgle Or get another race on the way .

Waldorf

Postby Waldorf » 04 July 2016, 13:34

If Ramtut is in, a few model tweaks should give you Tomb Guardians.

The moment Khemri are playable, I'll be leaving BB1 behind. Please squeeze 'em in!
Mahrak Cardinals - Division G.

Wyrdboy

Postby Wyrdboy » 04 July 2016, 19:58

dragonwolf wrote:I doubt they will . I suspect if they chose undead and necro is to relase 2 teams in a very short window . The previous version had the same team base with zombis, ghouls and wight. I doubt they would waste valuabe ressources to design exactly the same characters while they can focus earlier on the nurgle Or get another race on the way .

Well, it's cost effective yeah, but it's cheap (no pun intended) at the same time. Not expecting new players from scratch, but some alteration to the armor would be nice.

dragonwolf

Postby dragonwolf » 04 July 2016, 20:10

you may expect different color schemes and stuff but with BB2 they skiped intentionnaly the armor upgrades. So i don t think it was ever an option to make armor modification . I agree with you that more diversity is always good but over all once you start playing you don t even think about it anymore. I have been playing since the game came out and after a while you just firget about the lack of visual upgrade , you just embrace the new design .

Wyrdboy

Postby Wyrdboy » 04 July 2016, 21:24

dragonwolf wrote:you may expect different color schemes and stuff but with BB2 they skiped intentionnaly the armor upgrades. So i don t think it was ever an option to make armor modification . I agree with you that more diversity is always good but over all once you start playing you don t even think about it anymore. I have been playing since the game came out and after a while you just firget about the lack of visual upgrade , you just embrace the new design .

Oh yeah, I just meant a bit different looks for each team even if it's the same creature (ex. a wight has different helmet on undead versus necro team).
I wasn't around before BB2 came out, so to me armor upgrades are not a thing I miss personally, the pieces are well armored, can't say they look plain at all.
Anyways I'm just voicing an opinion, because the little details add up to something great :D .

Return to “News & Announcements”