The Legendary Edition of Blood Bowl 2 has been announced at Le What's Next de Focus, our press event last week. We're pleased to finally unveil all the info about this new edition!
2017 – we’re aiming at this summer but depending on how the tests go, it may be delayed. We have some complicated features on the list (rez mode for example) and we want to implement them correctly. We'd prefer a slight delay than a messy launch.
PC/Mac, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- For new players: a bundle with ALL the content of Blood Bowl 2 at approximately €45. Contains BB2 base game + All teams released since Launch + All Legendary Edition content.
- For existing owners of BB2: get the Legendary Edition content (all the content listed below) for the price of a big DLC. We aim at approximately €20.
You'll still be able to purchase individual races if you wish.
The Chaos Dwarfs and Khemri teams, releasing February 14th, aren't part of the Legendary Edition.
Full compatibility between the 2 versions. Most small features and quality of life changes will be available to all BB2 players, even those who didn't purchase the Legendary Edition.
- 8 new races
- Pro Elves
- Kislev (based on the rules of Slanns)
- For a total of 24 races (the current 14 + Chaos Dwarfs + Khemri + 8 new)
- Swiss system competition
- Resurrection Mode
- No lasting SPP/injuries between each round.
- Evolution of teams between each round set in TV.
- Team Editor
- Choose a race and get unlimited gold, as well as the option to add any skill/stat/injury.
- These teams get a tag “custom team” which can be banned from a league.
- Our goal with the combo “team editor + resurrection mode + Swiss system” is to give the opportunity to players to experience the rules played on tabletop.
- New solo campaign mode
- Any race.
- Perpetual campaign.
- You have a map where you can go from a competition to another.
- Less cinematics/story and more freedom.
- A brand new stadium based on the “Khemri” theme
- Mercenary teams
- Teams composed of players picked from different races.
- Several groups of teams you can pick your players from (i.e “Elf team” = Pro Elf, WE, HE, DE).
- These teams will also have a specific tag – they won’t be allowed in Champion Ladder for example.
- Star Player team
- Teams composed of 16 Starplayers.
- These teams will have a specific tag as well.
- New chat tab in a league
- Accessible by all coaches with a team registered in the league.
- Post-match chat
- You can discuss with your opponent even after the end of the game, as long as you stay on the “end of the match” screen.
- Manual seeding in competitions.
- Possibility to play a league with a mix of human players and AI teams.
- AI enhancement
- The AI will now takes into account the current turn of the game (and not cross the pitch with dwarfs at turn 16).
- Optional skills
- It’s been discussed a lot with the community – more skills will be optional (pass, grab, dodge, fend, catch).
- Free Camera Mode
- Save during a singleplayer match.
- Option to deactivate ageing in solo.
- Enhanced Competition Administration
- Possibility to admin a match in details (to decide TDs, injuries, SPP…)
- A pause system in multiplayer
- 3 pauses per player per game.
- No time limit to a pause.
- Any player can unpause at anytime during a pause (even 5 seconds after a player paused).
- Players can use the chat during the pause.
- FAME displayed during a match
- New cheerleader models (not one per team, but a bit more diversity).
- Cheerleaders will have the same colors as the team they're supporting.
- Option to display the tooltip in dices probability (“2+” instead of “83%”).
- A lot more Starplayers
- We aim at 50 Starplayers total.
- They won't all have a "premium skin" but we want to make them all available gameplay-wise.
- Option to mute chat in match
- Option to ban players from a competition in-game.
- A lot of other small things – mainly “quality of life” improvements.
A few screenshots to ease your wait! The bear is Kislev's big guy
Have fun on the pitch,