Blood Bowl Matchmaker-Guide for When You Just Can't Get It

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
Managarn

Re: Blood Bowl Matchmaker-Guide for When You Just Can't Get

Postby Managarn » 19 August 2013, 19:02

Dwarves are boring to play as and play against.

They're not particularly amazing, they just suck the fun out of the game. Now I'm a lazy, mild mannered vegetarian pacifist but given the chance of (Blood Bowl-) dwarven genocide, I'd happily join in and even eat the remains to make sure they don't come back :-)
I have a TV1500 ClawPOMB team just for this purpose.

Gotta contribute to the Dwarfocalypse, it is the civic duty of every blood bowl player who wants to play something else someday. :mrgreen:
Bitch about dwarves, make a clawPOMB team. Yup classic :lol:

MadMac321

Postby MadMac321 » 06 October 2013, 08:16

Bitch about dwarves, make a clawPOMB team. Yup classic :lol:
I do not think that is what he is saying at all. I concur with MrScotty well reasoned argument. I enjoy playing agility teams. Block Block Block until opponent cannot play any more is not my idea of a good time. And this is not real life combat so ensuring the other player cannot play seems counter intuitive to a "game". Seems to me that both players should be allowed to play the game.

I have found myself creating a Dwarf Team after my elves are crushed so bad that is will take me 10 games to make up the losses. But as much as I hate playing against Dwarf Teams, I hate using them even worse. It is just boring. And getting lucky on the Injury table so I can waddle down the field unopposed does not make it any less boring.

So I too find myself looking for the Dwarf counter which is "The Claw" or Chaos CPOMB. Like Mighty Blow is not good enough.

I also hate that is seems like 50% of the time when you load a game on MM you are facing a Dwarf. Now it is even a little worse because Chaos Dwarf is added to the mix.

Itchen Masack

Postby Itchen Masack » 06 October 2013, 08:56

Don't blame the coaches for taking dwarves, they are a good reliable team, especially for newer players.

Blame the game itself for allowing dwarves in the first place. There is only one real way to play such a team, and that way is extremely boring.

Last night I played a guy, and he played his dwarves very well, excellent positioning and controlled his drive. And it bored me to tears, I didn't care about the result, just wanted the game over with.

IMHO the dwarves roster sucks all of the fun out of blood bowl, and every single time I face one, a little bit of my love for the game dies.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 06 October 2013, 09:22

Don't blame the game, blame the crappy MM system. You don't find huge amounts of dwarfs in leagues for example.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 06 October 2013, 09:33

True, to an extent. There's still a lot of Orc and Chaos around. OCC, for example, has probably got the best diversity we've had in a long time this season:
Definitions of the "types" (argue all you like: it's what we chose :P ):
Agi: Elven teams and Skaven
Bash: Orc, CD, Chaos, Nurgle, Khemri, Dwarf
Hybrid: Necro, Human, Khorne, Vamp, Norse, Zon, Lizard, Underworld, Undead.
T3: Ogre, Fling, Gobbo.

Agi: 60 teams, 5 races = 12 teams/race
Bash: 82 teams, 6 races = 13.67 teams/race
Hybrid: 87 teams, 9 races = 9.67 teams/race
T3: 11 teams, 3 races = 3.67 teams/race

Return to “General”