Fix the Grid?

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
bbGIR

Fix the Grid?

Postby bbGIR » 14 August 2015, 03:08

Hi! I have been away from blood bowl for many years, and am just now getting back into it. I saw bb2 was about to come out and decided to get back into blood bowl shape. I downloaded Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition to play a few games, but jumped into single play so I could learn the controls and how the game played out on pc. For some reason, there are 0 options for fixing key bindings, but a quick trip to Google told me 'g' was the button to turn my grid on. Pressing 'g' does turn the grid on, but it makes the screen an absolute mess.

How do I turn off those ridiculous yellow squares??

LunchMoney

Re: Fix the Grid?

Postby LunchMoney » 14 August 2015, 07:27

Press G again - it cycles through about 4 options. iirc, it's been a while...
Contact lunchmoney@exilesleague.com
Click here to read how to score in one turn, with a MA6 player
Read the actual rule book? If not, get it here and read it before posting questions about rules.
I am a NAF rep. Email me your questions.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 14 August 2015, 07:45

I think that's n rather than g which cycles through several options, lunchmoney.

For the OP, there are several mods which alter the way the grid looks. There's a nice one on the Community Content Pack, or you can use the one I made if you like. This is a screenie of my one:

Whichever one you use, cell.dds goes in the folder \steamapps\common\Blood Bowl Chaos Edition\Data\3d\Gui\Cells\Textures. I suggest renaming the file already there so you don't lose it entirely. If you wish to edit the file yourself (it's a simple graphical file) then either paint.net or gimp are both good free options for editing and saving .dds files.

LordMarkosis

Postby LordMarkosis » 14 August 2015, 23:33

Just wanted to give a thumbs up to Dode74 for not only answering but supplying a kick arse and helpful solution !! Awesome to see The world and forums need more people like Dode :)

bbGIR

Postby bbGIR » 15 August 2015, 00:53

Just wanted to give a thumbs up to Dode74 for not only answering but supplying a kick arse and helpful solution !! Awesome to see The world and forums need more people like Dode :)

Yes. Yessss... on the field I will destroy him less for these deeds :D :twisted:
I think that's n rather than g which cycles through several options, lunchmoney.For the OP, there are several mods which alter the way the grid looks. There's a nice one on the Community Content Pack, or you can use the one I made if you like. This is a screenie of my
I dled and installed the community one, but it just turns the horrible yellow squares into horrible yellow 'x's. I will try the one you made next unless there is some option i missed on the community content pack. Either way thanks you much.

LunchMoney

Postby LunchMoney » 15 August 2015, 08:55

I think that's n rather than g which cycles through several options, lunchmoney.
Ah, like I say, I havent played in a while. Cheers ;)
Contact lunchmoney@exilesleague.com
Click here to read how to score in one turn, with a MA6 player
Read the actual rule book? If not, get it here and read it before posting questions about rules.
I am a NAF rep. Email me your questions.

eddebaby

Postby eddebaby » 12 October 2015, 17:55

For the OP, there are several mods which alter the way the grid looks. There's a nice one on the Community Content Pack, or you can use the one I made if you like. This is a screenie of my one:

Whichever one you use, cell.dds goes in the folder \steamapps\common\Blood Bowl Chaos Edition\Data\3d\Gui\Cells\Textures. I suggest renaming the file already there so you don't lose it entirely. If you wish to edit the file yourself (it's a simple graphical file) then either paint.net or gimp are both good free options for editing and saving .dds files.
You didn't make that dode - I did. See here and here Why are you saying you made it?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 12 October 2015, 18:01

Erm, because I made it? It may have been based on yours but I modified it since. I also made the modified turnover graphic and have made a bunch of other updates since.

eddebaby

Postby eddebaby » 12 October 2015, 18:02

Fair enough, I can't see any difference though. What did you change?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 12 October 2015, 18:04

Biggest thing was some of the intensities were too much, so I toned them down by reducing the alpha channel. There were a few other tweaks.

Return to “General”