Forum Open League

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
dode74

Re: Forum Open League

Postby dode74 » 21 March 2014, 20:46

Never heard of it. FOL is still the 3rd biggest league overall after Nagg and Auld, and by far the largest moderated league. It still gets a lot of games a day (about 7% of all games are played in FOL atm). In terms of pure popularity nothing comes close to Auld (about 50% of all games).

Kjelstad

Postby Kjelstad » 27 March 2014, 17:39

Thanks. OFTW is the league of choice now, right?
It does not come up in a search and I can't think of what that might be

Mirascael

Postby Mirascael » 27 March 2014, 23:21

Thanks. OFTW is the league of choice now, right?
It does not come up in a search and I can't think of what that might be
I think I actually meant OFL (Old World Football League).

Orkimus Prime

Dode is a fascist

Postby Orkimus Prime » 07 June 2014, 20:59

So yeah, I go by Squirrel Master....had a newbie dwarf team parried up against a 300+tv difference brutal chaos team and so I decided to DC PREGAME rather than concede in the first few turns. This makes more sense and preserves the integrity of the league much better in my opinion. When I voiced this opinion to Dode, he became extremely authoritarian, told me that he doesn't care and the dwarf team had been removed and that I better obey him or he'll delete more. Which he did because I chose not to suck his cock in chat. All my teams...like 5 or 6...kicked.....because I have a different perspective. "It's my league" he says... " I can do what I want" Well I have news for you, you stupid m@th#r f%ck#r. It's NOT you league, its on a platform own by cyanide. You don't believe me, try to make money off of FOL and see how fast they slap a lawsuit on you. It's not yours...and it's attitudes like that that make this game unfun. Screw you Dode, you're a horrible, child-like moderator, and it's unfortunate that you make such emotional decisions without input from your co-moderators.

Squirrel Master

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 07 June 2014, 21:33

Seems fair to me - if you're not going to go by the league rules you get kicked.
Oh, and it is his league - he runs it, not Cyanide or Focus, and if he wanted to for example say no Dwarf (or Chaos or Wood Elf) then he can, he's the commish - either you play by the rules of that league or you go elsewhere. He could also close it tomorrow if he wanted to.

And his ability (or not) as a moderator has nothing to do with his ability (or not) as commish of that league - they're completely separate entities.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Proxi Winther Rex

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 07 June 2014, 22:17

I honestly believe this is the first time, but...
I totally agree with Darkson here :shock:

Orkimus Prime

Postby Orkimus Prime » 08 June 2014, 01:00

I know where you're coming from, but you're still incorrect about a few things, for instance Dode could not name his league the "Nig*er Fag#ots" as it would violate the terms set forth by cyanide. If you think Cyanide does not have absolute control over everything that is associated with it's trademarked brand, then you are extremely naive. Reread your agreement forms. Secondly, I'm not disputing Dode's right to act like a Jerk, I am calling attention to it. I believe I was singled out and definitely treated unfairly. His choice to ban the first team involved is mean but understandable. His later decision to kick ALL my teams was just out of spite. That is not cool no matter how you look at it. Dode is just some dude who's getting off on a power trip.

goodbye again, Blood Bowl. Just came back to see the same nasty attitudes here that drove me away last time. Sure hope they make changes in BB2

dode74

Postby dode74 » 08 June 2014, 06:08

I decided to DC PREGAME rather than concede in the first few turns. This makes more sense and preserves the integrity of the league much better in my opinion.
Your opinion doesn't count. Read the rules in the OP of this thread. If you are unwilling to play by the rules then expect to get booted. I gave you the chance in chat to agree to play by the rules in future but you decided that your opinion was more important.

Your red herrings about "making money" and what I could or could not call the league are not relevant to the fact that I can boot whoever I want and I don't need to justify it (although I choose to): it's a private league in an open format and it stands with an open invitation to any and all who wish to play by the rules. If you do not wish to play by the rules then you do not get to play, just like any private league. You're not the first and won't be the last to be added to an ever-expanding banlist, and it's the banlist which helps maintain the integrity of the league by preventing people wishing to play in accordance with their own rules from doing so. There are plenty of other leagues you can play in which might tolerate or even encourage your behaviour: I hope you enjoy them.

A disconnect against the league owner in a league where disconnects are specifically discouraged was never the smartest of moves, and arguing about my ability to apply those rules, and then threatening to report me (to whom??) compounded your error.

Finally, I suggest you take a read of the forum rules at the top of this forum, and moderate your tone accordingly. I'm letting it go this time in the interests of transparency.

LunchMoney

Postby LunchMoney » 08 June 2014, 08:17

I decided to DC PREGAME rather than concede in the first few turns. This makes more sense and preserves the integrity of the league much better in my opinion.
Your opinion doesn't count. Read the rules in the OP of this thread. If you are unwilling to play by the rules then expect to get booted. I gave you the chance in chat to agree to play by the rules in future but you decided that your opinion was more important.

Your red herrings about "making money" and what I could or could not call the league are not relevant to the fact that I can boot whoever I want and I don't need to justify it (although I choose to): it's a private league in an open format and it stands with an open invitation to any and all who wish to play by the rules. If you do not wish to play by the rules then you do not get to play, just like any private league. You're not the first and won't be the last to be added to an ever-expanding banlist, and it's the banlist which helps maintain the integrity of the league by preventing people wishing to play in accordance with their own rules from doing so. There are plenty of other leagues you can play in which might tolerate or even encourage your behaviour: I hope you enjoy them.

A disconnect against the league owner in a league where disconnects are specifically discouraged was never the smartest of moves, and arguing about my ability to apply those rules, and then threatening to report me (to whom??) compounded your error.

Finally, I suggest you take a read of the forum rules at the top of this forum, and moderate your tone accordingly. I'm letting it go this time in the interests of transparency.
Contact lunchmoney@exilesleague.com
Click here to read how to score in one turn, with a MA6 player
Read the actual rule book? If not, get it here and read it before posting questions about rules.
I am a NAF rep. Email me your questions.

Orkimus Prime

Postby Orkimus Prime » 08 June 2014, 23:43

1. I was never telling to tell you how to run your league. I was giving my opinion on your policy

The incident occurred, you said give me a reason not to boot you, so I told you the truth. You said doesn't matter, and if it happens again, you'll boot all my teams. I said "gotchya", and that I wouldn't, being that those are your rules.

THEN you continued to berate and shove my nose in it . You were trying to show off.

If you can't understand the difference between voicing opinion and demanding that I'm right, then, well...I bet you can tell the difference, You seem smart enough. It's obvious that you've been caught trying to be a big d!ck gangsta' player, and now you're going to try to reconstruct what happened and be all dumb about stuff.

Arguing is not against your listed rules, so now what? I know, you're just a bully.

2. I never threatened any action

That's right, never said anything about reporting. YOU said report me and see what happens, that no one cares, you're a god, etc. etc.

This is not a report, this is a civil exercise of free speech. I feel as though you treated me unfairly, and this is one avenue of recourse that is available to me.

3. They are not red herrings. They are the fundamental keys to legal ownership. get off your high horse.

4. Moderate my tone? are you serious? what does that mean? please, explain that to me. I want to hear you say it. I want to see you type that if I persist that somehow your going to censor me and for what reason.

5. Your posts imply that one should fear the power of authority and not speak out against perceived injustice. You seem to advocate this use of power to stifle dissent. I don't know what country you live in dude, but I hope it's not mine.

Return to “General”