Forum Open League

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
dode74

Re: Forum Open League

Postby dode74 » 09 June 2014, 05:55

1. As I said, your opinion doesn't count. What counts is your refusal to play by the rules despite being given the opportunity to agree to do so. You don't play by the rules then you don't play.
2. See, I knew I should have taken a screenshot. There were about 4 witnesses who saw you say you'd report me, and I wasn't the only one who laughed at that and asked who you would be reporting me to.
3. Oh but they are. My claim was that I could boot who I liked, not that I could do something outside the Ts & Cs.
4. It means cut out the swearing, namecalling and personal attacks as per the link. Fail to do so and you are failing to abide by the rules as laid out on the forum, and we already know what happens when you fail to abide by the rules.
5. Your "perceived injustice" has garnered no support whatsoever, either here or online on the night. Perhaps you might consider that your perception is flawed? I've got no issues with people questioning decisions I make, but they are my decision to make within this league. I don't know how much dealings you have with real people on a day-to-day basis but going the person making decisions which haven't gone your way and calling them a "stupid m@th#r f%ck#r" does not, in general, set a good basis for a constructive conclusion to events; it's almost as stupid a move as disconnecting against the league owner in a league where disconnects are specifically discouraged. I'm not stifling your ability to dissent, I'm simply telling you how it is. If you don't like how it is then you can go play in a different league. Oh, you already have...

Now, since this is a specific disagreement with me then I suggest you take any further response to PM.

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 09 June 2014, 11:19

So yeah, I go by Squirrel Master....had a newbie dwarf team parried up against a 300+tv difference brutal chaos team and so I decided to DC PREGAME rather than concede in the first few turns.
A disconnect against the league owner in a league where disconnects are specifically discouraged was never the smartest of moves, and arguing about my ability to apply those rules, and then threatening to report me (to whom??) compounded your error.
So Dode is running a brutal chaos team in FOL?
Or did I misunderstand?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 09 June 2014, 11:37

Brutal? No. Two claws total, now plenty of guard (got 2 more, on the ST5 CW and the claw/MB CW, after last game, so up to 5). I play them maybe once or twice a year now.

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 09 June 2014, 12:27

Oh I see. I was not blaming your team, I was just surprised.
Not a brutal chaos team, honestly.

LunchMoney

Postby LunchMoney » 09 June 2014, 15:53

What looks to be whining stuff
Contact lunchmoney@exilesleague.com
Click here to read how to score in one turn, with a MA6 player
Read the actual rule book? If not, get it here and read it before posting questions about rules.
I am a NAF rep. Email me your questions.

stuw23

Postby stuw23 » 09 June 2014, 16:47

2. See, I knew I should have taken a screenshot. There were about 4 witnesses who saw you say you'd report me, and I wasn't the only one who laughed at that and asked who you would be reporting me to.
I wasn't taking part in the chat, but I did see this come up in the chat bar the side, took a moment to laugh to myself about how silly Squirrel Master was making him/herself look, and then went back to looking for more matches. Which, incidentally, involved my own Chaos team managing a last-turn draw against another Chaos team that had lots of fairly well-developed killer-type players and a TV at least 300 over my own.

Pretty sad to see the argument carried over on to the forums. If you don't like how a match is going, or you're not brave enough to even try to play it, then it only takes a moment to concede. Same effect of not seeing your players get (potentially) hurt, less problems for all involved.

A-r-c-h-o-n

Re: Dode is a fascist

Postby A-r-c-h-o-n » 10 June 2014, 08:09

... so I decided to DC PREGAME rather than concede in the first few turns. This makes more sense and preserves the integrity of the league much better in my opinion.
I don't understand that argument. Can someone explain it to me plz?
Also: is there any sort of punishment for (often) conceding in FOL? I mean the "real" conceding - no disconnection...

dode74

Postby dode74 » 10 June 2014, 08:19

is there any sort of punishment for (often) conceding in FOL? I mean the "real" conceding - no disconnection...
A warning, initially. I do what I can to contact people given the crap in-game mail system (and the reason the FOL forum was set up was to allow me to do so. However, FOL is far more tolerant of concessions than disconnects.

SYKOJAK

Postby SYKOJAK » 10 October 2015, 13:27

Anyone spinning XB1 FOL currently?
The ultimate sin of Nuffle is for a head coach to conceed a match. Nuffle will curse your block dice with skulls and number dice with ones if he does not get his full 16 turns of dues.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 10 October 2015, 15:53

Is there an XB1 FOL?

Return to “General”