How are winnings determined? Campaign

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
kiklion

How are winnings determined? Campaign

Postby kiklion » 13 October 2015, 02:52

I'm sorry if this is easily available somewhere, I haven't been able to find it or what I find doesn't match what I am seeing.

I just started a new campaign. First match of the first cup. My team, Dwarf, tied against the High Elves 2-2. My winnings were 20,000 GP and theirs were 70,000 GP. I see we both rolled two dice, I rolled 9, a 5 and a 4 and they rolled 4, 2 and a 2.

I read that winnings were supposed to be 10k * your roll, yet I got only 20k from a 9 and they got 70k from a 4, which is where I am confused.

Further, match rating was 18/20, Spectators were 18,000. My original Fan Factor was a 2 and theirs was a 3. Neither team had a reduction due to Team Value. Can anyone clarify this for me... how winnings are determined post game?

Darkson

Re: How are winnings determined? Campaign

Postby Darkson » 13 October 2015, 07:20

In "real" Blood Bowl, winnings is D6 + FAME (+1 if you win or tie), with the winner having the option to reroll. So it's perfectly possible for you to only get 20K winnings even if you won, assuming you lost the Fame roll (your 2D6+FF vs your opponents 2D6+FF).
There may also be Spiralling Expenses involved, which would eat into your winnings.

No idea what the 2 dice you saw rolled are for, I'm going to hazard a guess and say they're were your post-match FF rolls.

Of course, this is for "real" Blood Bowl, Cyanide may have done something different for their Campaign.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.

Darkson wrote:Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Orcacide

Re: How are winnings determined? Campaign

Postby Orcacide » 18 October 2015, 22:09

kiklion wrote:I'm sorry if this is easily available somewhere, I haven't been able to find it or what I find doesn't match what I am seeing.

I just started a new campaign. First match of the first cup. My team, Dwarf, tied against the High Elves 2-2. My winnings were 20,000 GP and theirs were 70,000 GP. I see we both rolled two dice, I rolled 9, a 5 and a 4 and they rolled 4, 2 and a 2.

I read that winnings were supposed to be 10k * your roll, yet I got only 20k from a 9 and they got 70k from a 4, which is where I am confused.

Further, match rating was 18/20, Spectators were 18,000. My original Fan Factor was a 2 and theirs was a 3. Neither team had a reduction due to Team Value. Can anyone clarify this for me... how winnings are determined post game?

So, the dice that you saw rolled are fan factor, not your winnings. It will say "Fan factor change" near those dice.

Since you tied, you don't get the option to reroll your winnings, so your winnings just stood as 20k. It won't show you what you rolled for winnings if you don't get the option to reroll your winnings. Sounds like you rolled a 1, got the +1 for tying, and then lost the FAMe roll earlier.

Return to “General”