Lvl 5 orc thrower skillup

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
Jakerbeef

Lvl 5 orc thrower skillup

Postby Jakerbeef » 12 October 2011, 02:55

My Orc Thrower with Pass, Sure Hands +Block, Kick-off return, Accurate has just rolled a normal skill.

What should I give him? I generally use him as a pocket thrower who will gladly walk into the endzone without passing if the drive goes well, but I'm not adverse to throwing if things break down. (I have a gobbo with diving catch and an ag4 orc on the roster.)

The only trouble is I'm reluctant to pick Hail Mary Pass as he's always in the pocket and I'd rather try a long throw attempt with the combination of accurate and pass getting the throw done. If it does scatter then diving catch could come into play but I just find Hail Mary Pass itself a bit desperate to try and rely on diving catch as a rule.

Safe Throw appeals since it is good at negating fumbles, even if the 50% chance of avoiding an interception doesn't sound that reliable. I won't be taking Kick or Tackle as others have that.

Oh, and I'm reluctant to take Leader, my team has 4 rerolls. Is it worth a TV 2140 team to drop 40 in TV when the skill could go elsewhere?

shrimpcowboy

Re: Lvl 5 orc thrower skillup

Postby shrimpcowboy » 12 October 2011, 03:20

My vote would be Nerves of Steel so if your pocket does break down he can toss it while in tackle zones. if not that i like Fend so if you take a hit hopefully your not knocked down but you can be pushed out of the tackle zone.

selfy_74

Postby selfy_74 » 12 October 2011, 03:33

Safe throw, then he can lob it out through traffic and not get intercepted.

Holy Terror

Postby Holy Terror » 12 October 2011, 04:18

Safe Throw is my vote
Having a bad day? Stop crying and punch a goblin!!!!

Tumblin' Ungrim

Postby Tumblin' Ungrim » 12 October 2011, 04:34

I had big problems with a completely unsuspected throw out of 5 TZ as I overlooked his Nerves of Steel. If you manage to run 1 or 2 players as back-up down the field than this would be my vote also.

Cheers,
TB

reszka scd

Postby reszka scd » 12 October 2011, 17:06

get rid of him. Ball carrier at lev5 had to be blogde. This is what I did and skiled fast new throver whom 2-d skill was doodge. Blodge is much better than Block, Kick-off return, Accurate and nerves.

just imagine facing against my yesterday's oppnonent : DE and 5-6 players with blodge+side step. No cage is safe, but without doodge.......

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 12 October 2011, 17:15

I love Fend on my ball carrier, helps keep him out of tackle zones and saves you dodges. On most Orc teams, the passing game is plan B. Fend helps you with plan A.

Managarn

Postby Managarn » 12 October 2011, 18:05

get rid of him. Ball carrier at lev5 had to be blogde. This is what I did and skiled fast new throver whom 2-d skill was doodge. Blodge is much better than Block, Kick-off return, Accurate and nerves.

just imagine facing against my yesterday's oppnonent : DE and 5-6 players with blodge+side step. No cage is safe, but without doodge.......
and then you realise he is playing league match and skilling up another thrower will take a while and he would have a shitty thrower for the rest of the season.

Proxi Winther Rex

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 12 October 2011, 19:23

Take The NoS...

He would be awesome....

RobertJPowell

Postby RobertJPowell » 12 October 2011, 19:33

Fend? Fends always fun, holding onto the ball ends your opponents blitz in its tracks. (well, has the potential too!)

Return to “Roster & Strategies”