The Daemons of Khorne: stats

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
Imploded77

Re: The Daemons of Khorne: stats

Postby Imploded77 » 09 October 2012, 12:21

As I understand it, chances are quite high for the Khorne team to get tweaks (if the team turns out to be too weak). What about tweaking some other teams as well? Is it possible? Like changing some Human and Khemri player prices, for example.
The one and only Russian Blood Bowl League: RuBBL: http://rubbl.com.ru/

dode74

Postby dode74 » 09 October 2012, 12:36

As I understand it, chances are quite high for the Khorne team to get tweaks (if the team turns out to be too weak). What about tweaking some other teams as well? Is it possible? Like changing some Human and Khemri player prices, for example.
No, I know of no such opportunity. That's not to say I won't try to make the case should eventual data mean that the design team feel a tweak is needed. This is HIGHLY unlikely to translate into any sort of change for other teams though: the design team is not the BBRC, nor should it be.

Bucc

Postby Bucc » 09 October 2012, 13:03

Who are in the design team besides you and Galak? Double skulls?

Ask me next time :mrgreen:

dode74

Postby dode74 » 09 October 2012, 13:45

Only Galak was confirmed by Freki, and I asked to be able to say. Other members can ask if they want to be named, but I can't do so.

And yeah, every man and his squig wants to be in on this ;)

Dawn

Postby Dawn » 09 October 2012, 13:59

Option 2 was seriously considered, but the current option was preferred as being slightly weaker - bearing in mind that this was pre-playtesting, we'd prefer the team was underpowered to overpowered due to the effect on the metagame.
Dont get me wrong, maybe i was too harsh, im happy with the outcome. But it doesnt feel completely right. I mean 7 armor and ag 2 is no way overpowering, even if you can blitz like a truck with such an option. Heralds would be suffering more over longer period of time, but also would dish out more damage by being more self sufficient. With the option 2, for me it would be like the perfect team for it's name. I guess this is the final version, or is it possible than after some time have passed, it would be changed to smth different, if devs are not satisfied?

Edit: nvm, just read all your other posts. Well, at least there is some hope it can get tweaked if need be.
Last edited by Dawn on 09 October 2012, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 09 October 2012, 14:07

ST4 is pretty powerful, which is the issue of itself. AV7 and AG2 goes some way to mitigate that, but an ST5 frenzy blitz with Juggs is ferociously powerful. Part of the risk is that it takes away some of the need for the Bloodthirster, and he's such a signature piece that we want him to be needed. Add a couple of ST4 pieces and you remove some of that need unless you buff him, at which point you're into the GW power-creep game.

As I said above, I know of no possibility to alter the team now. That's not to say I won't try to make the case should data mean that the design team feel a tweak is needed.

Dawn

Postby Dawn » 09 October 2012, 14:31

http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/view ... 20&t=37146 57% find a probelm with this team wether it's fluff or the roster regardless of fluff. The other poll you mention on fumbble is merely asking if it should be included. Ofcourse it should be included , but it's still a weak team. I'm fine with the weak nature of the team, but it should feel consistant. I'm not gonna harp on anybody for the pitfighters, they are fine by me. Lack of mutation, meh but I can see it no complaints. Lack of strength 4, not the way I would have gone, but this seems like a balance descision. I have no idea how regen on 0-2 positional is gonna affect anything other than the feel of the team. AV7 on the letters is tragic, again av is huge on balance so I leave it un argued. What I want is Freki or somebody with Cyanide to come out and say we'll try this for a bit and if the community doesn't like it then regen is not too big a change of code to fix for the community.
Strange poll. Should be 4 options only.

Like team, like fluff of it
Like team, dislike fluff of it- Im in this category, meaning team doesnt represent fluff for my taste.
Dislike team, like fluff of it (guess this category means that Khorne team should be completely different, but people want such a team)
Dislike team, dislike fluff of it.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 09 October 2012, 14:40

There are many ways of doing it. Personally I'd have gone for;

Pick one of A, B, C or D:
A - I think the roster represents the fluff well
B - I think the roster doesn't particularly well represent the fluff, but it's close enough
C - The roster has a major disconnect with the fluff
D - I don't care about fluff

and one of 1, 2 or 3
1 - I think the roster will be fun to play and will achieve the aims (new playstyle, tier 1.5)
2 - I think the roster will be ok to play and will likely achieve some of the aims
3 - I think the roster is horrible and will add nothing to the game

benyazzar

Postby benyazzar » 09 October 2012, 14:42

Before Khorne stats were presented I was VERY CONCERNED they would be OP.

I have no problems with this team as it is now. I am glad you guys went for balance rather than for power. :) I'll have to test them to see If I like to play them. But first I have to scratch the itch of playing an Underworld team.

BTW: B and somewhere near 1

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 09 October 2012, 14:44

C2, but C is a bigger issue for me than 2.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Return to “Roster & Strategies”