The Daemons of Khorne: stats

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
dode74

Re: The Daemons of Khorne: stats

Postby dode74 » 09 October 2012, 14:46

Might as well do it then :P

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1771

timdog

Postby timdog » 09 October 2012, 15:14

C2, but C is a bigger issue for me than 2.
+1, i'd live though the (possible) balance issues (at certain TV's) if the lore was more correct. Seeing those letters and heralds basically identical visually and one having regen and one not just twists in my gut though. As i've said like 8 times so I guess i should shush about it already.

Monstrum

Postby Monstrum » 09 October 2012, 19:29

Yes shush unless you agree with dode
DISCLAIMER: General advice based on my experience is always correct.

timdog

Postby timdog » 09 October 2012, 23:32

there's a differnce in disagreeing and disagreeing in the exact same manner 8 times about the same thing :P I figure my objections have been stated, I could lay off the harping for a bit

erestor
Location: Debout sur le terrain à gueuler sur l'arbitre, et le sort qui s'acharne...

Postby erestor » 14 October 2012, 08:04

I would have liked a roster more or less like this one :
- Pit Fighter : Quantity 0-16, 60k, MA 6, ST 3, AG 3, AV 7, Skills: Claw, Frenzy, Normal S , Double GPA
- Bloodletter Daemon : Quantity 0-4, 100k, MA 7, ST 3, AG 3, AV 7, Skills:Claw, Frenzy, Horns, Juggernaut, Regeneration, Normal AS, Double GP
- Khorne Herald : Quantity 0-2, 140k, MA 6, ST 4, AG 3, AV 9, Skills: Claw, Frenzy, Horns, Juggernaut, Regeneration, Normal S, Double AGP
- Bloodthirster : Quantity 0-1, 250k, MA 3, ST 7, AG 1, AV 10, Skills: Loner, Wild Animal, Claw, Frenzy, Horns, Juggernaut, Leap, Regeneration, Stand Firm, Normal S, Double GAP
- Reroll : 70k, Apoth : NO
Starplayers:
Lord Borak the Despoiler, Morg'n'Thorg, Grashnak Blackhoof
No Apo but Regeneration on every Deamons, Frenzy Claw on everyone : BLOOOOD !
No access to G skills except on doubles to balance the Claws.
A Herald with 4 St & Av 9
A bloodthirster wich is really the ultimate fighter in the Old World but with only 3 MA (that would balance it with the Frenzy skill).

SO ? ;)
As the long departed Commissioner Three-horn famously said on many occasions “This is Blood Bowl, buddy, anything could happen!”.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 14 October 2012, 08:25

Bloodletters are underpriced and should be 120-130k - could probably live with 110k.
Heralds should be 160k - Could probably live with 150k.
Bloodthirster is priced about right.

Main issues:
1. Starting roster variations. Try to make several viable 100k starting teams. Best I can come up with is:
2x RR (140)
4x Letter (440)
7x Pit Fighters (420)
or
2x RR (140)
2x Herald (300) (or 1x Herald, 1x Letter at 240)
9x Pit Fighter (140)
Those are pretty gimped starting rosters - either you get no ST4 and limited decent blitzing options, or you get EVERYONE with Frenzy. The team will be hard pushed at low TV.
2. Long term development. With NO G access the long term development of the team will hurt a lot. No tackle, block, wrestle, sure hands will mean that the team is going lack any punch at all at medium or higher TVs.

In short, I think it's worse (in terms of power) than the roster we came up with.

Bucc

Postby Bucc » 14 October 2012, 08:56

Sorry Erostor. I hope you are joking. The Heralds are not only underpriced - they are so overpowered they have no place in BB. A chaos warrior with; +MA , frenzy, juggernaut, claw, regeneration, horns... for only + 40 tv. or a black orc with +2 ma, + ag, frenzy, claw, juggernaut, horns, regeneration. That is more skills and statups than a black orc can obtain even as a legend. That kind of player has absolutely no place in the game. They would need all the negatraits combined to even be remotely balanced.

Btw Dode. Your khorne is really fun to play. A breath of fresh air, by far the most interesting of the new teams. Although problematic fluffwise.

erestor
Location: Debout sur le terrain à gueuler sur l'arbitre, et le sort qui s'acharne...

Postby erestor » 14 October 2012, 09:06

Bloodletters are underpriced and should be 120-130k - could probably live with 110k.
Heralds should be 160k - Could probably live with 150k.
Bloodthirster is priced about right.

Main issues:
1. Starting roster variations. Try to make several viable 100k starting teams. Best I can come up with is:
2x RR (140)
4x Letter (440)
7x Pit Fighters (420)
or
2x RR (140)
2x Herald (300) (or 1x Herald, 1x Letter at 240)
9x Pit Fighter (140)
Those are pretty gimped starting rosters - either you get no ST4 and limited decent blitzing options, or you get EVERYONE with Frenzy. The team will be hard pushed at low TV.
2. Long term development. With NO G access the long term development of the team will hurt a lot. No tackle, block, wrestle, sure hands will mean that the team is going lack any punch at all at medium or higher TVs.

In short, I think it's worse (in terms of power) than the roster we came up with.
Ok, you are right. So let's try another version :
- Pit Fighter : Quantity 0-16, 60k, MA 6, ST 3, AG 3, AV 7, Skills: Claw, Frenzy, Normal GS , Double PA
- Bloodletter Daemon : Quantity 0-4, 120k, MA 7, ST 3, AG 3, AV 7, Skills: Claw, Frenzy, Horns, Juggernaut, Regeneration, Normal AS, Double GP
- Khorne Herald : Quantity 0-2, 150k, MA 4, ST 4, AG 1, AV 9, Skills: Claw, Frenzy, Horns, Juggernaut, Regeneration, Normal GS, Double AP
- Bloodthirster : Quantity 0-1, 250k, MA 3, ST 7, AG 1, AV 10, Skills: Loner, Wild Animal, Claw, Frenzy, Horns, Juggernaut, Leap, Regeneration, Stand Firm, Normal S, Double GAP
- Reroll : 70k, Apoth : NO
Starplayers:
Lord Borak the Despoiler, Morg'n'Thorg, Grashnak Blackhoof
I give G skills on Normal to the Pit Fighter because with AV7 and no Apo, they wont live that long.
Herald with G skills on Normal but 150k. And Bloodletter 120K. Do they need G skills ? I dont think so because with Claw and A & S skills on Normal they can have jump up and piling on, so... Maybe i could remove the Juggernaut skills from one of the daemons ?

EDIT : @ Bucc : ok, i take your advice : - 2 MA & -2 AG : better ? (the point was that they did not have access to G skills)
As the long departed Commissioner Three-horn famously said on many occasions “This is Blood Bowl, buddy, anything could happen!”.

Bucc

Postby Bucc » 14 October 2012, 09:37

Much better. I think creating a clawpomb team is unnecessary though. Also the herald without a negatrait is still incredibly powerful. I would lower their AV, up their MA. Doesn't make sense to be a MA 4 piece to me

That said, i think the roster for Khorne that we have is not good fluffwise. It is a fun team to play but i believe, there would have been ways to go better combining fluff with a fun and balanced roster. I gave my idea some pages back.

erestor

Postby erestor » 14 October 2012, 09:50

Yep, but i think it's weird that the Khorne team cannot be the most violent team of BB. Strange, isn't it. So Claw is a must, in my opinion. And Frenzy on everyone is another must. Now the question is : how to balance these Frenzy Claw players ? That should have been the only question to create a Khorne Roster. ;)

Return to “Roster & Strategies”