Beat Wood Elves as Human?

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
Domitian

Beat Wood Elves as Human?

Postby Domitian » 14 October 2011, 04:01

The WE team (AI) is about 2000 TV, I am 2300 and i don't stand a chance. They dodge through all my tackle zones (even with tackle it seems) and their wardancers seem to injure my players at least as often as my blitzers injure theirs (last game was 2-2 for injuries, but still...). I have 3 more rerolls and it doesnt make a difference, they almost never get a bad roll (i about scream every time i roll double skulls against a catcher).

They seem to have no downside against Humans. When i have the ball, they swarm me with speed and dodge skills. When they have the ball i can hold them for two turns or so until they get a few good rolls and break out at which point its over. I've reloaded this match 3 times and my best score is 1-3. General advice for humans v. elves?

Thanks!

Sneak78

Re: Beat Wood Elves as Human?

Postby Sneak78 » 14 October 2011, 10:03

I'm assuming we're talking about against the AI here.

If thats the case, just work on your fundamentals. Its basicly as simple as that, you shouldent lose against the AI if you know what your doing :D
CaRBB

Moronik

Postby Moronik » 14 October 2011, 10:45

Foul more.

Really effective against AV7 teams.

Get one on the floor. Stamp on him until they leave the field.

Rinse and repeat.

The wood elves will score quickly - you cant really stop that. But then you have the rest of the half to break their team. Do so.

Next half they shouldnt have the manpower be able to score and you can steamroll over them.

Its called the 2-1 grind. :)

Domitian

Postby Domitian » 14 October 2011, 13:52

Thanks Moronik. I'll give that a try. I typically avoid fouling as it seems a higher risk for losing one of my own players for the game than getting rid of one of theirs.

Monstrum

Postby Monstrum » 14 October 2011, 14:15

what is your team? do you have killers? (blitzers with mb/piling on/tackle/frenzy) are you using them to blitz? do you have wracklers? (linemen with wrestle and tackle)? are u using them on blodgers? do you know how to form a cage on offense? do you have foulers? (linemen with dirty player)? when you foul, are you making sure you have atleast 2 assists on av7? are you pushing your guys too far up, and once they dodge past them you have no one in the backfield?
try leaving 3 of your crappiest linemen on the line, then pushing everyone back. once they send their catchers, you triple team one or two (1 guy in the front for intercept, 1 guy on each side below them) and blitz/stomp another one. unless they have nerves of steel, no way they should be making the catch. it's very simple, the AI is terrible
DISCLAIMER: General advice based on my experience is always correct.

shrimpcowboy

Postby shrimpcowboy » 14 October 2011, 14:39

all the above advice is great. the think to remember with HUman teams is to change your game play based on the other team. fast teams bash with your blitzers bash teams play fast. thats the way the team was designed if it works correctly...

Holy Terror

Postby Holy Terror » 14 October 2011, 14:53

hit them, hit them, hit them... when they are on the ground gang foul. when you got the ball take your sweet ass time moving up the field. and beat them relentlessly the entire way. The computer is stupid once you figure out its one and only tactic it will be easy :)
Having a bad day? Stop crying and punch a goblin!!!!

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 14 October 2011, 20:24

Play online against human opponents, not against the crappy AI.
AI will never teach you something, nor improve you.
How is your team roster?
Maybe you chose the wrong skills for your players (no offense intended, just trying to figure the reason).

Domitian

Postby Domitian » 15 October 2011, 04:35

Thanks for all the advice on fouling them out, as well as trapping their catchers with 3 players. Worked perfectly and was pretty cathartic :D . I ended the game up 2-1 with the darned elves only having 4 players left on the field. It felt great.

Matt- As for playing other people, not really my cup of tea. I'm not very competitive when it comes to video games as i use them as a way to escape from the stress of travel and career. My experience is that people online are not good to play online games against (unless it is fairly faceless and quick, like a shooter), as they tend to be poor sports and/or just plain tools when they know that they don't have to look another person in the eye (or risk a punch in the nose).

Managarn

Postby Managarn » 15 October 2011, 05:10

Thanks Moronik. I'll give that a try. I typically avoid fouling as it seems a higher risk for losing one of my own players for the game than getting rid of one of theirs.
that's pretty much the big problem you have. Human are a fouling team.

Human lineman with DP is 70k worth of tv. you have 1/3 to get sent off. Dont remember the exact odd but if you bring its av to 6 so only 1 assist with a DP lineman the odd of taking him and getting sent off even out. That mean you can foul something like a wardancer with 1 skill 140k worth of tv. Twice the worth of your puny lineman and that's what i call a good trade. Also always foul when you can bring their av to an even number.

Return to “Roster & Strategies”