The Underworld: stats

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
OmegaDestroyer

Re: The Underworld: stats

Postby OmegaDestroyer » 05 October 2012, 15:42

Forget claws, I'm looking forward to 2-heads on my goblins. Total dodge overkill.

JargonTheRed

Postby JargonTheRed » 05 October 2012, 18:13

Forget claws, I'm looking forward to 2-heads on my goblins. Total dodge overkill.
Nah seeing goblins take out star players is a must lol

Orcacide

Postby Orcacide » 05 October 2012, 19:10

Starplayers not in the game :

Nobbla, Chainsaw 130 k
Fezglitch, Chain & Ball, 100 k
Skitter, Dagger, 160 k

It's really not the same team with the right inducements.
That's really unfortunate that they can't come up with the minimal amount of art needed to make this happen. That completely changes the team, 100%. Seriously, 20 minutes with the current models and you could modify them well enough for people to not care what they look like and have them in the game.

Come on guys -- lets see this as a free patch down the road. There's no excuse not to have that many stars not in the game while you're "Making up" teams.

MILLANDSON

Postby MILLANDSON » 08 October 2012, 01:48

Come on guys -- lets see this as a free patch down the road. There's no excuse not to have that many stars not in the game while you're "Making up" teams.
Since the main artist for the BB games no longer works for Cyanide, unless they've hired someone else who hasn't posted on the forums, I doubt that'll be happening.

Moderators do not represent Focus or Cyanide but do, when moderating, act on their behalf. Moderation posts and PMs will be in this colour.

selfy_74

Postby selfy_74 » 08 October 2012, 05:51

20 minutes work is surely a massive understatement?

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 08 October 2012, 06:57

"Star" armour an d fixed colours. Job done.
Ideal? No. But a full compliment of Stars, even with minimal "special" graphics is better than missing stars.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

CyberPope

Postby CyberPope » 08 October 2012, 13:17

Seriously, 20 minutes with the current models and you could modify them well enough for people to not care what they look like and have them in the game.
People not care? Man having read the Khorne roster thread, people not caring what they look like is probably hugely inaccurate... not only will they care, they'll bitch about in perpetuity... But I'm sure they enjoy having them in the game and fully functional (the star players that is)

Orcacide

Postby Orcacide » 10 October 2012, 21:47

People not care? Man having read the Khorne roster thread, people not caring what they look like is probably hugely inaccurate... not only will they care, they'll bitch about in perpetuity... But I'm sure they enjoy having them in the game and fully functional (the star players that is)
See above. Yes, you can make a passable star player with the current armor models in the game. Change a few colors on the palette and call it a day. There's no reason you NEED a new artist to do it.

Like, what's the real difference between Grashnak Blackhoof and a minotaur model? There's not much of one. It's seriously just different colorings. You can do that with a good chunk of the missing star players and at least have the game functional, if not pretty.
Since the main artist for the BB games no longer works for Cyanide
Oh really? That's unfortunate. I mean, it's unfortunate that they somehow managed to create a new team with entirely new models with no artist.

Yeah. Funny how that works, huh?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 10 October 2012, 21:51

I believe she left after the main artwork was done for the models.

hermanJnr.

Postby hermanJnr. » 11 October 2012, 15:05

Getting mass Claw, then using them purely to foul the opposition to death instead anyway.

EDIT -

The artist was a she, Dode? You mean a lady took the reins in drawing art concepts for a niche videogame involving Dwarves, Goblins and American Football? Why are there not more fantastic females like this out there? :D
Formerly on the boards as "NinjaGammaMan".

Return to “Roster & Strategies”