Fouling at the last movement.

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
Managarn

Fouling at the last movement.

Postby Managarn » 18 October 2011, 18:16

Few days ago i played a match in a stunty league and fouled an ogre. But the foul was done at the end of the movement.

What i mean is that my goblin walked his 6 movement and 2 gfi and then fouled the poor blob on the ground. Since you cant block someone at the end of your movement i was wondering if it was just an error in cyanide programming or if its infact in the rules.

Valarauka

Re: Fouling at the last movement.

Postby Valarauka » 18 October 2011, 18:35

It's in the rules.
This allows the player to move a number of squares equal to his MA and then make a foul against an opposing player who is Prone or Stunned in an adjacent square.

Lod1926

Postby Lod1926 » 18 October 2011, 18:41

It's in the rules. ...
I think what Managarn is saying is he moved all 6 MA +2 gfi's and fouled into what would be a "9th space" is that what you're asking Managarn?

* although I'm guessing really that shouldn't make a difference either...but I can understand wondering if that is right

Valarauka

Postby Valarauka » 18 October 2011, 18:43

Yeah, either way that's fine. Blocking "costs a square of movement", which is why you can't do it if you have no MA left. Fouling doesn't do the same, so you are allowed to do it even if you've exhausted your movement allowance (regular MA + GFI).

WastedTrojan

Postby WastedTrojan » 18 October 2011, 19:02

Yeah, either way that's fine. Blocking "costs a square of movement", which is why you can't do it if you have no MA left. Fouling doesn't do the same, so you are allowed to do it even if you've exhausted your movement allowance (regular MA + GFI).
This is correct. When blocking you are considered to have moved onto the opponent's square and thus need a free space of movement to preform the block. When fouling you are considered to be standing in one spot and doing something very disgusting and painful in a very subtle way so you don't need the extra square of movement. :D

Holy Terror

Postby Holy Terror » 18 October 2011, 19:11

Think of it as getting a running start for a kick in the nuts, the last step is going nowhere but into your opponent :P
Having a bad day? Stop crying and punch a goblin!!!!

Managarn

Postby Managarn » 18 October 2011, 19:20

Think of it as getting a running start for a kick in the nuts, the last step is going nowhere but into your opponent :P
Haha good visualiztion :twisted:

Ty for the answers.

BFalcon

Postby BFalcon » 18 October 2011, 21:34

This one actually had me laughing as I imagined the crowd getting louder as the gobbo got closer, followed by the "ooooh...." from the crowd on that last swing of the boot connected... :lol:

Holy Terror

Postby Holy Terror » 18 October 2011, 21:53

This one actually had me laughing as I imagined the crowd getting louder as the gobbo got closer, followed by the "ooooh...." from the crowd on that last swing of the boot connected... :lol:
Sort of like a kick-off in football but WAY more fun :)
Having a bad day? Stop crying and punch a goblin!!!!

Return to “Roster & Strategies”