Balanced/Unbalanced Matchups

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
Grumsch

Balanced/Unbalanced Matchups

Postby Grumsch » 20 October 2011, 16:07

Some time ago i have read a thread comparing the Matchups (very short), maybe the experienced players could recreate this information, or copy it from a source still available? Of course i do not mean every possible situation, this would totally be too long, but the basics.

Running Teams vs Bashing Teams
E.g. Skavens vs Orks/Chaos/Khemri, how do i survive in such a matchup on the other hand, how can i as Basher avoid getting avoided (or at least try to.

Running Teams vs Stunty Teams
Bashing Teams vs Bashing Teams
Running Teams vs Passing Teams
Stunty Teams vs Bashing Teams
Running Teams vs Passing Teams

and so on...

Holy Terror

Re: Balanced/Unbalanced Matchups

Postby Holy Terror » 20 October 2011, 16:11

What exactly are you looking for? What teams fall into these categories? What various strategies or advantages each side has? Problem is there are a bunch of teams that fall into the bash/pass/running/stunty groups and many fall into 2 or more. Need a little more specificity on what you would like some information on...although someone else may understand this better than I do ;)
Having a bad day? Stop crying and punch a goblin!!!!

Grumsch

Postby Grumsch » 20 October 2011, 16:20

One example is the classic Matchup i posted above:

Low Armor Teams like Skaven with very fast and high agile Players against Bashy Teams like Orks, Chaos, Khemri. Most of this games i do not get into the game at all when they once got the ball. I try to stay 1 space away of his units because they can not blitz more than one time, but so they oven get the possibility to get the strength bonus for helping Players, because i give them the space to reposition there players before the Block.

Also i would like to know if there are some matchups which are just unbalanced and it is hard to win them by nature. I mean halflings and goblins are weaker and the statistic shows this (just checked the blood bowl manager statistic some days ago and 23% winrate in over 3000 games for halflings is just too low). But are there some other matchups which are nearly unwinnable (you alway can roll with a lot of luck, but beside this)?

Holy Terror

Postby Holy Terror » 20 October 2011, 16:32

Everything being even coach skill makes up for a lot of problems one team may have against another: Some teams that have issues with others are

Dwarf vs. Amazon...can get really ugly unless the dwarf coach sucks or a huge gap in TVs, 7 AV and dodge being useless against many of the dwarf players...yea not good.

Norse/Dwarf vs any Stunty team...once again can get very ugly

Amazons vs. other teams with very little block, Amazons have a huge advantage here especially in early TVs

Playing flings, ogres, and goblins are for good times...they are GENERALLY not going to win or even compete for top spots in leagues.

Some people believe that certain matches are un-winnable but you would be surprised how well a great coach can seemingly pull victories out of their a**.

Vampires can be descent but need development and they are going to suffer against teams with the ability to take out their thralls quickly and delay them from getting TDs.

Running vs. Stunty...MOST running teams are bashy so they are generally going to put a hurt on stunty
Passing vs. Stunty - even worse score wise, but likely to have caused less injuries
Running vs. Passing - even toss up, who plays the game better and who gets better luck (In private leagues TV difference helps too)

Agi vs. Bashy -Even toss up, can the bashy team delay TDs and destroy most of the functionality of the other team and then outscore them generally 2-1.
Agi vs. Stunty -stunty are really only going to have a chance by fouling the agi teams out of existence and having some serious luck
Bash vs. Stunty - once again they will need some luck

This advice is all else being equal and just my honest opinion.
Having a bad day? Stop crying and punch a goblin!!!!

Return to “Roster & Strategies”