Gutter Runner With -MA

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
Thor{DoH}

Gutter Runner With -MA

Postby Thor{DoH} » 21 October 2011, 04:17

I have a new Skaven team, only 3 games in, and one of my level 1 Gutter Runners got nailed with -MA. The apothecary was nice and said either -MA or dead. He's such a nice guy. Should I sack him and replace him?
Image Image

HC-Vanselow

Re: Gutter Runner With -MA

Postby HC-Vanselow » 21 October 2011, 07:26

;) Personally, I'd keep him on the roster. Even at MA 8, a Skaven Gutter Runner can serve as an awesome passer or blitzer (The blitzer would be more effective with gaining "Horns" and "Block").

Tumblin' Ungrim

Postby Tumblin' Ungrim » 21 October 2011, 09:31

I would keep him so early on, as you can spend your money better at the moment.

But I wouldn't try to skill him too much. Concentrate on the other two and later on dump him. Grunners are the only positional on your roster that can make a difference between you and most other teams. And that main advantage is for their 9MA.

What if you get +1MA on him. You can't even use it, as it would be wasted TV. The only skilling that makes sense is using him as a backfield Grunner, mainly for defensive and ball-getting. MA8 is enough for that task.

Cheers,
TB

Viajero

Postby Viajero » 21 October 2011, 09:53

The apothecary was nice and said either -MA or dead. He's such a nice guy. Should I sack him and replace him?
I would definitely sack him, no matter how nice he is. Why keep such an incompetent?
Last edited by Viajero on 21 October 2011, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
My general availability to start games is 20:00 - 21:30 GMT+1 during the week with some more flexibility on weekends.

Corvus

Postby Corvus » 21 October 2011, 10:00

Lol. Damn you Viajero, thats just what I was going to say. Beat me to it

Tumblin' Ungrim

Postby Tumblin' Ungrim » 21 October 2011, 10:18

The apothecary was nice and said either -MA or dead. He's such a nice guy. Should I sack him and replace him?
I would definitely sack him, no matter how nice he is. Why keep such an incompetent?

:lol: Directly on mark. Nice one.

Cheers,
TB

Thor{DoH}

Postby Thor{DoH} » 21 October 2011, 14:05

If only I could sack the apothecary... :twisted:

Tumblin', that was my thought too, without MA9 he's not the special rat he once was, hence my quandary. Think what I'll do is see what the next game brings, he's sitting that one out anyway, and go from there. I basically have my roster where I want it already with regards to what's on the team so it's not as though I need to save up for anything at this point.

Thanks for the advice everyone.
Image Image

Holy Terror

Postby Holy Terror » 21 October 2011, 14:23

Unless he has +agility or some ridiculous level of skills sack his ass.
Having a bad day? Stop crying and punch a goblin!!!!

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 24 October 2011, 22:50

Consider that, if you keep a maimed player, you are paying more than his effective worth in terms of TV and, assuming he survives, sooner or later he will get a MVP which could have been assigned to a better player.
If you have enough money to replace him, fire him.

LazyDog

Postby LazyDog » 25 October 2011, 13:55

It's more or less a question of your treasury. If you can afford to replace him and another grunner after a game with only 20k income, then replace him.

Otherwise, kill him on the pitch. Ever thought about a suicide commando rat? Mark ball carriers or every potential blitzer without Tackle. Who cares, if he dies on his mission? But your opponent will hate him and this is his new function. The psychologic aspects of the game are often underestimated. ;)
You have a new team, so there are enough other players who should score and get SPPs. If he turns to a MVP magnet, then give him a skill, which makes him even more annoying (leap, fend, pass block, shadowing or perhaps foul appearance or disturbing presence ... whatever you like). He will die fast enough, but why not with a smile on your face? :twisted:

Return to “Roster & Strategies”