Zombie Question

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
MattDakka

Re: Zombie Question

Postby MattDakka » 23 October 2011, 23:19

I scored once with a zombie in an undead vs norse match, after a dodge, pick up and GFI... it was amazing! He was near the end zone and a lucky throw-in gave him the chance of scoring.
:)

Slyspy

Postby Slyspy » 23 October 2011, 23:46

Keep the Zombie. An AG1 Zombie with a skill is more useful than a AG2 Zombie without. Hell, he has a skill which is pretty good for a Zombie. Most of mine have none (although one has three skills through being an MVP magnet!).

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 24 October 2011, 11:21

If a zombie with a skill roll is no big deal on your team, whack him. Some MM Necro and Undead coaches will fire any zombie that gets a skill anyway to control TV.

If you're in a scheduled league, or if you want skilled zombies, get him Block or Wrestle and put him on the front line. His job is to eat punches, and AG1 doesn't affect that.

Also agree that at some point, he'll be the only one who can dodge to save a TD, and he'll roll a 4, rerolled to a 4. But that situation doesn't come up often.

Selfy, what does the zombie TD celebration look like? I have played dozens of games vs the AI with Undead, and about a dozen games with and against Necros online, and I've never seen it.

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 24 October 2011, 11:59

The zombie celebrates the TD dancing like the zombies in "Thriller", Michael Jackson's famous song. :D

selfy_74

Postby selfy_74 » 24 October 2011, 15:38

Yeah, its the "Thriller" dance and easily the best celebration in the game. I can assure you that's its well worth the effort to achieve it, and it's not as hard to do as people make out. Get a cage downfield and then hand off to a zed cage corner as you would with, lets say, a black orc. Its much harder to get one in from receiving the kick off, but it is do-able. :D

selfy_74

Postby selfy_74 » 24 October 2011, 16:06

I recently had the most amazing league game ever. I'm Necro, VALIS is skaven. It was an actual league fixture, but we were just mucking about having a laugh. Anyways, on my offense there's a big ruck going on in the middle of the field and I'm pounding skaven like its going out of fashion. Just to be silly I sent out two zombies on receiving routes, one left, and one right. VALIS only had 2 gutters and I had already got one off the pitch, so he was having trouble extracting himself from the melee. Thinking that there was no way that the zombies were going to make a catch VALIS just left them alone. By this time the ball was on the floor in the middle of the ruck and we were just pushing bodies around trying to get the ball into a safe pickup point. I then sent another zed into the ruck, he picked the ball up, stepped out and threw it upfield to one of the zed receivers (admitedly it took 2 or 3 attempts but he did manage it and the catch was clean first time!) So I've got a zombie with the ball charging towards the goal line as fast as his MV4 would take him. I didn't dare use a GFI, but maybe I should have. It all ended in tears though as VALIS managed to dodge out his last gutter runner and he dropped the zed with a 2d uphill block. I did manage to get a wolf over and surf the gutter and the zombie got back up again, but it was turn 16 and the zed didnt have enough move to pick the ball up and get over the line, so I tried to hand off to the zed with the wolf, but the stupid creature fumbled the ball trying to pick it up. I had no rerolls left, and that was it turn 16, end of game. 0-0 draw. You couldn't make it up!

I could post the replay, but I haven't got a clue how to do it. :D

selfy_74

Postby selfy_74 » 24 October 2011, 16:09

Just to give a full picture, my Necro got destroyed by Dwarves in their next game, but the +AG zed survived the carnage. Yay! :D

looshkin

Postby looshkin » 24 October 2011, 16:10

Valis having a laugh in game? Is it just me he actually tries against then! Is this fabled ag3 zombie coming up to the shelfs next season?

selfy_74

Postby selfy_74 » 24 October 2011, 16:11

VALIS won't admit it, but he was trying! I was making him laugh so much he nearly broke a rib! :lol:

Vangald

Postby Vangald » 24 October 2011, 17:48

Well I kept the zed for two more matches. Played a dwarf team and he held his own but still couldn't manage that one point in order to level up. Then the next match was against halflings in which case a treeman broke his back. So that pretty well ended his career in my book. :lol:

That said I hire another zombie to replace him and he played one match and is already about to level. :D

Also dwarves have been beatin the tar out of my ghouls and wolves but haven't managed any career damage so now my wights are picking up scoring duties.

Return to “Roster & Strategies”