Leader

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
swilhelm73

Re: Leader

Postby swilhelm73 » 07 August 2013, 13:22

Leader saves you 20-50k TV with the caveat you have to protect the player to use it in both halves.

This makes it a fairly valuable skill, though it depends on the team.

So, for example, on my CDw team (RR 70k) I took it as a first doubles skill on a hob - but I wouldn't take it on any other player. The 40k savings is almost enough for a babe by itself.

On a Chaos team (RR 60k) I haven't taken it, because doubles on all your players are highly valuable.

On team with natural access to passing I would definitely take it. Khemri might be the perfect team since they have players with access to pass and expensive rerolls.

whater

Postby whater » 08 August 2013, 16:46

So, for example, on my CDw team (RR 70k) I took it as a first doubles skill on a hob - but I wouldn't take it on any other player. The 40k savings is almost enough for a babe by itself.
I would take Dodge or Guard on a Hob as their doubles.

CDw are a poor ball handling skill team. Dodge helps keep your low AV Hobs on the pitch. And could allow you to dodge out of a bad situation. Or dodge in and scoop up the ball.

And one can never have too much Guard. They can be more mobile assisters. Even if they are the ball carrier, they can still help keep their cage upright with guard.

GobboBlabs

Postby GobboBlabs » 24 August 2013, 02:09

I prefer it on a lineman doubles roll that is already 2 skills into development...not on a ball carrier or a catcher.. if other linemen have guard and such.

On a scorer its just another ability that someone will try and take from you through fouling... on a linemen assisting tackles... perhaps even away from the ball carrier... much less likely to draw attention...

Kicker important? Block (Dodge) Kick Leader END.

its a 10-20 TV perk... but does take the place of a skill... and an extra Re-roll.. that likely gets used before the player that has it.. gets KO'd. I view it on par with kick... yet rarely on a player that warrant much attention.

whater

Postby whater » 27 August 2013, 17:16

- However the Pit Fighter on the Daemons of Khorne, it totally makes sense to me to take Leader on one of them. As they are considered the "linemen" unit. And many people prefer to use one of their Bloodletters are a ball carrier/pass (due to not having Frenzy on them (putting the ball out of position).

- Anyone with Leader has a giant "hit me" sign on their head (just like people with Kick). If you knock them out in the first half, then no extra re-roll in the 2nd half.
Do you really intend to put this skill on a blocker or on a lineman ? :shock:
Do you put your ball handler/thrower on the LOS ? :o
I think that Khorne are a special circumstance. Where their "linemen unit" has access to passing on a regular roll.
The one who has Leader would not be lined up on the LOS, nor would someone put their ball handler/thrower on the LOS, As long as you have enough guys on the pitch there is no need to worry about leader/passers put on the LOS.

Nodi

Postby Nodi » 27 August 2013, 20:47

Ok but to me the natural ball handler are the Bloodletter deamon, and they are Av7 so you need to protect them a bit.
To have an other player to protect (Pit Figther with leader) don't seems really interesting to me, but you might have a specific build for him ?

Return to “Roster & Strategies”