Purchasing experienced players

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
froenie

Purchasing experienced players

Postby froenie » 26 October 2011, 19:36

Hi guys
This might just be me being stupid, but how to I buy the experienced players in the buy new player section?
I have bought level 1 players to my team at the beginning, but how do I buy the players i can now see that are above level 1?

Well I saw it now, I can only offer on some of them.
But why can I only buy some of the players listed?

Shinshi

Re: Purchasing experienced players

Postby Shinshi » 27 October 2011, 09:32

I saw this option at some point as well. As far as I recall you can make an offer for that player. You need to check the skills and the attribute increase the player has recieved and make an offer properly for such player (base cost + increase of value for the upgrades).

I havent done this and at this point in my game I cant find the experienced players anymore. So if you can tell me how to get there again :)

Lod1926

Postby Lod1926 » 27 October 2011, 12:34

In SP Blitz mode you can only hire them between campaigns (before you actually play the first match of the next one). You only have the option of hiring Rookies during a campaign. If I remember right. :lol:

Sigulf

Postby Sigulf » 28 October 2011, 09:22

In SP Blitz mode you can only hire them between campaigns (before you actually play the first match of the next one). You only have the option of hiring Rookies during a campaign. If I remember right. :lol:
Correct.

And, to hire experienced players, you have to make them an offer, which they may accept or reject. You can make up to three offers during negotiation with a given player, after which your negotiations have failed and you can't hire them. (If you use bbedit, you can turn off Negotiations on a per-campaign basis, in which case I assume that you'd just be given a price to hire them, the same as with rookies, but I tend to play with Experienced Players also disabled, so I can't confirm the effect (or effectiveness) of that option.)

Lod1926

Postby Lod1926 » 29 October 2011, 17:58

Another thing about hiring experienced players...ever since the patch that corrected the AI's skill choices, all of the experienced players are skilled up exactly the same dependant upon their race/player type, just at different levels of the same build. Some do have stat increases mixed in. As an ex: all the Beastmen for Chaos are Block, MB, Claw, PO (going from memory there). The choices are made in the exact same order (the skill selection order maybe wrong in the above ex.). So if you want a different type of player you'll still have to hire a Rookie and skill him up (or use bbedit).

Return to “Roster & Strategies”